PDA

View Full Version : Fun!

WSox8404
05-31-2004, 01:16 PM
Think about it everyone. How much more fun is it when the Sox are doing good. I mean in the years when the Sox are struggling by now and about 7 to 10 games back of 1st, I still watch the games, but I don't get too enthused about them. Now I look forward to every game in a real big way. When I am at work I actually sit down with a calculator, the Trib (for the stats), and keep a log of all the players stats through the game. I love it. Seeing our starters ERAs constantly go down is great along with our hitters BAs going up.

I just wish my son was a little older so he can sit down with me and know whats going on. That is going to take a little while though (he is only three and a half months old, but already has four Sox outfits). Even my fiance is starting to get into it. She actually sat with me and watched the game against Anaheim when Paulie hit the game winner. She even swore a few times when we didn't get those few runners in from third.

The Sox playing good baseball makes the summers so much better. Off days like today kill me, but the Cubs should lose to Houston so something good will come of today. But anyway GO SOX and keep up the good play. Hopefully I will be able to say the same thing about being happy in the fall.

vegyrex
05-31-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404

The Sox playing good baseball makes the summers so much better.

I hope they keep it up the Summer is just beginning.

If they do well against Oakland and Seattle this really will be a great Summer.

The Critic
05-31-2004, 01:54 PM
Last Friday night, I was so twitchy during the entire game - it's so much more fun to watch a game when the team's in first place!
Of course, the 9th-inning win made it just that much sweeter!!

I am REALLY enjoying the season so far, and I expect that the entire year will be this much fun!!

SOXSINCE'70
05-31-2004, 01:55 PM
This week is just another big test.So far,they've come close to aceing them all.Hope the good times continue.

StillMissOzzie
05-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Think about it everyone. How much more fun is it when the Sox are doing good. I mean in the years when the Sox are struggling by now and about 7 to 10 games back of 1st, I still watch the games, but I don't get too enthused about them.

I just wish my son was a little older so he can sit down with me and know whats going on. That is going to take a little while though (he is only three and a half months old, but already has four Sox outfits).
The Sox playing good baseball makes the summers so much better.

I know just what you mean. Not much worse than watching meaningless games by the end of May 'cuz you're already out of it.
My son was 7 years old when the Sox last won in 2000. He had just started playing baseball himself and really enjoyed going to games that year. Now that he's 11 and really knows what's going on, along with a greater appreciation of the game, is making 2004 size up to be a better season!

SMO
:gulp:

firejauron
06-01-2004, 02:39 PM
I agree! I attended my 3rd game Friday night. The last inning win against the Angels was indicative of how the season has been going. This team has been exciting and has a never give up attitude. I have all the faith in the world that KW will get that 5th starter we need.

Palehose13
06-01-2004, 02:47 PM
I can't remember the lat time I was this excited about a team on June 1st. Hopefully they can keep it up!

The only thing worse than an off day is waiting for a 9:05 game the day after an off day...

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HANDLE 52 STRAIGHT HOURS WITHOUT WHITE SOX BASEBALL?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

Whitesox029
06-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Think about it everyone. How much more fun is it when the Sox are doing good. I mean in the years when the Sox are struggling by now and about 7 to 10 games back of 1st, I still watch the games, but I don't get too enthused about them. Now I look forward to every game in a real big way. When I am at work I actually sit down with a calculator, the Trib (for the stats), and keep a log of all the players stats through the game. I love it. Seeing our starters ERAs constantly go down is great along with our hitters BAs going up.

I just wish my son was a little older so he can sit down with me and know whats going on. That is going to take a little while though (he is only three and a half months old, but already has four Sox outfits). Even my fiance is starting to get into it. She actually sat with me and watched the game against Anaheim when Paulie hit the game winner. She even swore a few times when we didn't get those few runners in from third.

The Sox playing good baseball makes the summers so much better. Off days like today kill me, but the Cubs should lose to Houston so something good will come of today. But anyway GO SOX and keep up the good play. Hopefully I will be able to say the same thing about being happy in the fall.

Keep the little guy at it! Never let up! One of the first sentences I ever pieced together was "Cubs Stink." My parents raised me perfectly, needless to say. I hope I have a son at some point so I can show him my collection of world series pennants, 2004-2014!

elrod
06-01-2004, 03:29 PM
I have been obsessive about the Sox this year. My two-year old son has caught on. He yells "White Sox" when he sees the logo, either on my head, t-shirt or a billboard. He doesn't know the word "Cubs" yet. When we ride the El past Wrigley (I live in Evanston) I say it's the "other baseball stadium".

Palehose13
06-01-2004, 03:37 PM
My girlfriend (who used to not lke baseball) is even excited this season. Yesterday I had the Astro game on while working in the garage and she came in and excitedly asked "Is this the Sox game?" I said no and she kinda frowned. I asked her why and she told me that she wanted to hear the game if it was. :D:

CHISOXFAN13
06-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
My girlfriend (who used to not lke baseball) is even excited this season. Yesterday I had the Astro game on while working in the garage and she came in and excitedly asked "Is this the Sox game?" I said no and she kinda frowned. I asked her why and she told me that she wanted to hear the game if it was. :D:

She's definitely a keeper!!

Palehose13
06-01-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
She's definitely a keeper!!

It think so. It definitely made my day :D:

CHISOXFAN13
06-01-2004, 04:12 PM
It think so. It definitely made my day :D:

I'm in the process of trying to fully change my fiancee's allegiance. She moved to Bridgeport already, so I guess that's a good start!

Whitesox029
06-01-2004, 09:36 PM
You're halfway there--now get her to root for the 'Stros and against the Cubs