PDA

View Full Version : In Defense of Hawk - In Tribune - Other Views

BeerHandle
05-31-2004, 11:47 AM
Check out what some readers have to say about Hawk. There are some good views. Also, the last reader is a Flubs fan that blasts those that go to the Wrigley. He does end by saying, "Settle Down, Sox Fans. At least people show up at our games."

I'm surprised the Tribune printed some of the views.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/printedition/cs-0405310161may31,1,5770675.story

pearso66
05-31-2004, 12:11 PM
I don't know how you could write a letter bashing people that go to wrigley, the cubs fan that is, and then at the end turn it against the white sox and say at least people show up. I think we all agree that we dont want people at the game like people at Wrigley, therefore I am glad those people arent showing up. And it sounds like he'd rather have them not show up too. That was a complete 180 if I ever saw one

CanOfCorn
05-31-2004, 12:18 PM
I was baffled by that turnaround, too. Maybe he deleted a paragraph or two out of his email by accident before hitting "send?" It was definitely missing a segue.

SoxFan76
05-31-2004, 12:31 PM
That was weird.....

A life long Cub fan, he must of only been a fan for the last 20 years. Every Cub fan seems to forget that their team was the biggest joke in baseball for the longest time. (atleast this is what my dad tells me.) How quickly those "Cubbie" fans forget.

DSpivack
05-31-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by CanOfCorn
I was baffled by that turnaround, too. Maybe he deleted a paragraph or two out of his email by accident before hitting "send?" It was definitely missing a segue.

Or maybe the Trib editors deleted a paragraph or two.

BeerHandle
05-31-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
Or maybe the Trib editors deleted a paragraph or two.

The Tribune editors would never set up a Flub fan like that!