PDA

View Full Version : Sox top news on ESPN but not in the Tribune.

Blueprint1
05-31-2004, 02:16 AM
The Sox victory is listed as top news on the ESPN website. If you go to the Chicagosports.com website which as we all know is the Chicago Tribunes sports section the Sox victory is second hand news to the Cubs taking one from the last place team in their division.

Saracen
05-31-2004, 02:37 AM
So what? Even if it were completely at random, the Cubune would only have the Sox as the lead story 50% of the time, or once every 2 days. The Sox were the lead story yesterday, they're not today.

I could give a rat's ass who the Cubune gives top billing to. Who cares?

StockdaleForVeep
05-31-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
The Sox victory is listed as top news on the ESPN website. If you go to the Chicagosports.com website which as we all know is the Chicago Tribunes sports section the Sox victory is second hand news to the Cubs taking one from the last place team in their division.

I forget who it was on am 1000 but they put it perfectly

"Those who report on the cubs are cub fans, those who report on the sox are impartial reporters\analysts"

Blueprint1
05-31-2004, 03:10 AM
Thats nice that you dont care if the Sox get any press in Chicago. I for one think that us taking this series should be the lead story.

inta
05-31-2004, 03:16 AM
y'know what?
who f'n cares?

I mean honestly. this crap is only to be expected from the media. let them keep doing it, and let the sox keep winning under the radar.

personally I don't want the jokey over-expectations the media have put on the northsiders. they can keep it. I'd rather fly in under the radar and shock the ***** out of everybody.

I dont need some crappy tribune "____(insert injured player name here)___ watch" to know the southside is the place to be for baseball.

let the northsiders live with their delusions of grandeur...

Saracen
05-31-2004, 03:16 AM
They were the lead story yesterday. What's important is that they win, not what the windbags from a biased newspaper have to say about it.

pinwheels3530
05-31-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
I forget who it was on am 1000 but they put it perfectly

"Those who report on the cubs are cub fans, those who report on the sox are impartial reporters\analysts"

That was Dave Willis White Sox postgame!!

Railsplitter
05-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by inta

Most nortsiders have delusions of adequacy.

BigEdWalsh
05-31-2004, 08:41 AM
I kinda go both ways on this never-ending issue. Deep down, I'm hurt by the neglect of the media in our own hometown. I mean we, Sox fans, are bursting with pride for our Sox. It would be nice to get the media coverage that the Sox, a 1st place team, deserve. It'd be great to have the newspaper loaded with articles glorifying OUR team.
On the other hand, I'm so used to things being the way they are, media-wise, that I'm sorta numb to it. It's EXPECTED.
I once subscribed to the Tribune simply because up here in southeastern Wisconsin it's the only Chicago paper that I could get delivered to my house. But, in an angry Sox fan moment of outrage, I canceled the subscription a number of years ago. These days, I'll only buy a Sun Times at a newstand, if I buy a paper at all. Heck, I won't even go to the Tribune website. Screw 'em! :D:

Hangar18
05-31-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by inta
y'know what?
who f'n cares?

I mean honestly. this crap is only to be expected from the media. let them keep doing it, and let the sox keep winning under the radar.

personally I don't want the jokey over-expectations the media have put on the northsiders. they can keep it. I'd rather fly in under the radar and shock the ***** out of everybody.

I dont need some crappy tribune "____(insert injured player name here)___ watch" to know the southside is the place to be for baseball.

Usually, I hate when someone says "who cares? If we start winning, we'll get the COVERAGE, The Media only covers whos winning". Now that were Winning and in 1st Place, the Other team continues to get equal and More Coverage? Certainly puts the proverbial Brick-thru-the-media-window with that BULLJUNK theory. However, seeing how the MEDIA has been Exposed time and time again in the past few weeks,
I think Im growing Numb to all of it, believe it or not.
Chris DeLuca Yesterday Certainly lit a fire in me (for his article seemingly playing down the Cheating/Cork incidents with Sammy by KILEY-ESQUE Planting of Miguel Olivo having done it in AA Ball back in 2001, so as to say The SOX do it too)

THE SOX unfortuneately Have To WIN and the CUbs LOSE for us to get some attention. Yesterday was a PERFECT example.
Cubs snap 5 game losing streak, and Immediately get the LionsShare of coverage, happy telecasters, and the Chirping of a "Huge victory today" to move them to 4th place. Big Deal.
Meanwhile, the SOX continue to stay in 1st place.................
We know what happens............

SoxFan76
05-31-2004, 04:31 PM
Hangar, I know you would be disappointed to hear me say this, but I'm on the verge of giving up. I really don't care anymore. Mostly because this White Sox team is DAMN GOOD, and we shouldn't be letting Mariotti and the Tribune ruin it for us. Maybe we should all sit back and enjoy the ride.

habibharu
05-31-2004, 04:35 PM
yeah who cares what the media thinks. i kinda like being the team nobody talks about. that way, everybody is surprised when we do good. let the scrubs try and live up to the expectations, which we all know they are not gonna meet!