PDA

View Full Version : sox- cubs early predictions

soxwon
05-31-2004, 12:25 AM
ok its early, but make your predictions now for, the cubs-sox series at THE CELL at the end of the month.

ill say we will sweep the flubs.

MRKARNO
05-31-2004, 12:25 AM
Dont bother right now. We're playing too many good teams between now and then to worry about that.

doublem23
05-31-2004, 12:27 AM
It's going to depend on pitching match-ups and injuries, but I think taking 2 of 3 from the Cubs is realistic and really sensational considering the respective preseason predictions for each team.

nasox
05-31-2004, 12:47 AM
four out of six for the season series. I've got a ton of bets riding on this one (but if we tie, the bet is a draw, nothing gets exchanged)

gosox3072
05-31-2004, 01:04 AM
For the first time in years im more worried about beating Minnesota than the cubs. But im sure that will change as the end of june comes along....Nothing like a midsummer beating of baby bears!

StockdaleForVeep
05-31-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by soxwon
ok its early, but make your predictions now for, the cubs-sox series at THE CELL at the end of the month.

ill say we will sweep the flubs.

All depends who we're sendin against them. If prior is 100% i would be slightly worried against him, wood we've smashed, clement is deadly untill he starts goin wild and zambrano is the same. If we face mitre or rusch, i'll start the celebratory thread now.

WhiteSox = Life
05-31-2004, 01:48 AM
Well, don't worry. Even if we lose the season series (and/or either series) to the Cubs, it doesn't matter since we can always use a certain technique that's along the lines of, "So what? We're in first place, and that's all that's important."

:cool:

inta
05-31-2004, 02:08 AM
first of all, i could care less about the flubs. we have WAY more important series before then. the way the cubs are playing.... that's like saying "expos-sox early predictions"

second. I definitely am curious about how ozzie sets the troops against the northside.
JM definitely knew the importance of these series to the anti-northside contingent. hopefully ozzie knkows that winning this seires every year definitely gives the southside some bragging rights in the face of cubbie-mania.

that said. i say we'll take 2/3 from the cubs at the cell. and another 2/3 at wrigs. hopefully the chisox prove me wrong and go for their first sweep in weeks vs the northsiders.

and hopefully a chisox win @ the cell is during the game i'm at with my sister (a cubs fan)
;)

RavenswoodFan
05-31-2004, 02:14 AM
I say the Sox will win 5 of 6 with a sweep at The Cell! Even better if it was 2of3 at The Cell and a Sweep at Wrigely!
Even better a total sweep!! But I'm a realist....
GO SOX!!! :)

TDog
05-31-2004, 02:21 AM
At least we have a manager who understands the importance of beating the Cubs.

SEALgep
05-31-2004, 09:13 AM
Cubs at home for 3, then off to Twinkie Land for 3, followed by a 3 game set at Wrigley. Whew, that could be a stressful week, but a great week nonetheless. :)

The Critic
05-31-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by gosox3072
For the first time in years im more worried about beating Minnesota than the cubs. But im sure that will change as the end of june comes along....Nothing like a midsummer beating of baby bears!

My only concern is the Sox winning the division and getting into the posteason, and that won't change for me, ever.
The Cubs = Texas = Seattle = Tampa = Baltimore.
A team the Sox play 6 times, and for those 6 games only I will focus on them. The Sox need wins against ANYONE, but these 6 games don't mean anything more to me.
After those 6 games, the Sox get back to the business of winning the AL Central and whatever the Cubs do, they do, big deal.

CHISOXFAN13
05-31-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Cubs at home for 3, then off to Twinkie Land for 3, followed by a 3 game set at Wrigley. Whew, that could be a stressful week, but a great week nonetheless. :)

Exactly, and I'm much more concerned about going to the Twinkie Dome.

kittle42
05-31-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Dont bother right now. We're playing too many good teams between now and then to worry about that.

Amen. Including a series with the Twins in Minny between the two weekend Cub series. Now *that* one is important.

I fear that most here would actually would take a Minnesota sweep of the Sox in return for four victories over the Cubs.

OEO Magglio
05-31-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Agreed to many tough games coming up. First the west coast and then the Phillies, the sox have to take care of business there and then start worrying about the flubs.

HomeFish
05-31-2004, 12:06 PM
History is against us; since 1999 the team with the better record has never won the crosstown series.

MRKARNO
05-31-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
History is against us; since 1999 the team with the better record has never won the crosstown series.

Well history was against us for a .500 or better May and we just did that.

Baby Fisk
05-31-2004, 12:18 PM
Cubs win one game. Chicago media declares it a close series.

Sox go on to decimate the AL Central and whup the Twinkies for the division.

Sox shock the world and dispatch Boston/Anaheim/NewYork for the AL Pennant.

First World Series since 1959 against Houston/Philly/Florida/Whomever. Sox win. Sox fans everywhere do an impersonation of the exploding scoreboard. Life is never the same again. The glow never fades.

Cub-Times & Cubune headlines on Nov 1:

CUBS A LOCK TO WIN 2005 WORLD SERIES!