PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead

batmanZoSo
05-30-2004, 11:53 PM
The first two months are done and we're 9 games over .500. The story of those last three dismal years has been poor play in April and May. We tried hard to do it again, but grabbed the reigns at the right time.

April--13-8
May--16-12

Now our favorite month is upon us. By this time we're normally out of it and make our feeble run, but now we're actually in position to run away with the division. Minnesota is playing like crap and we're hitting a ton.

The June schedule is not going to be easy, but it's nothing to be alarmed about on paper.

@Oak--2
@Sea--3
PHI--3
ATL--3
@FLA--3
@MON--3
CLE--4
CUB--3
@MIN--3, finishing on July 1st.

We have a relatively easy West Coast trip with only 2 in Oakland and 3 against a crappy Seattle.

Ozzie said on Fox tonight that they're going to the four man rotation for the next few weeks. This should save us two or three losses. Really, we should* win every series save for Florida and Minnesota. Philly is at home, Cleveland should always be a win for us, and we never have trouble taking 2/3 from the Cubs.

I'm reasonably looking for 17-10 which would put us at 46-30 .605.

Our biggest streaks are 4W and one 3 game losing streak. We've been really consistent. With Ozzie confirming the four man rotation on FOX tonight, we're primed for a 5-8 game winning streak soon. Looking back it's been the 5th spot that has kept us from winning several in a row. With that out of the picture, we could be set to run away with it.

nitetrain8601
05-31-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
The first two months are done and we're 9 games over .500. The story of those last three dismal years has been poor play in April and May. We tried hard to do it again, but grabbed the reigns at the right time.

April--13-8
May--16-12

Now our favorite month is upon us. By this time we're normally out of it and make our feeble run, but now we're actually in position to run away with the division. Minnesota is playing like crap and we're hitting a ton.

The June schedule is not going to be easy, but it's nothing to be alarmed about on paper.

@Oak--2
@Sea--3
PHI--3
ATL--3
@FLA--3
@MON--3
CLE--4
CUB--3
@MIN--3, finishing on July 1st.

We have a relatively easy West Coast trip with only 2 in Oakland and 3 against a crappy Seattle.

Ozzie said on Fox tonight that they're going to the four man rotation for the next few weeks. This should save us two or three losses. Really, we should* win every series save for Florida and Minnesota. Philly is at home, Cleveland should always be a win for us, and we never have trouble taking 2/3 from the Cubs.

I'm reasonably looking for 17-10 which would put us at 46-30 .605.

Our biggest streaks are 4W and one 3 game losing streak. We've been really consistent. With Ozzie confirming the four man rotation on FOX tonight, we're primed for a 5-8 game winning streak soon. Looking back it's been the 5th spot that has kept us from winning several in a row. With that out of the picture, we could be set to run away with it.

If they get 5 days of rest still I'm okay. If not, we'll be blowing out the arms I'm afraid. I'm not one for the pinch-count thing, but we can't possibly have a guy every four games. That's when injuries happen.

batmanZoSo
05-31-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by nitetrain8601
If they get 5 days of rest still I'm okay. If not, we'll be blowing out the arms I'm afraid. I'm not one for the pinch-count thing, but we can't possibly have a guy every four games. That's when injuries happen.

We have no other choice at the moment. This is the best thing to do. When we get a quality starter via trade we can make it up to the front four with less work later on. We might be far enough in first to be able to do that, thanks to this upcoming stretch.