PDA

View Full Version : i hate to do this

Jerome
05-30-2004, 11:27 PM
If Magglio doesn't want to re sign, we need to trade him. We have three OF prospects (Reed, Sweeney, Anderson) and we should bring up Reed to see how fast he adjusts to big leauge pitching. So once again, if we can't re sign Maggs, here's what we should do:

Sox Get: Jose Reyes, the "Lebron James of baseball", Steve Tracsel

Mets Get: Magglio, Jose Valentin, whatever other minor leagers needed to seal the deal.

Also, this doesn't do much to clear up our log jam at 2B, SS, and 3B, but if Crede continues not hitting and Uribe continues to hit, Crede has to be on the bench. If Crede starts hitting, throw Willie in Center. Also, it gives us a legit fifth starter

hillbilly
05-30-2004, 11:29 PM
I think that is the most retarded thing ive ever heard especially if the sox are in the hunt. Besides that, that trade is pretty darn dumb too. We should get more than that.

CanOfCorn
05-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Jerome

So, lemme get this straight.

The Sox get a shortstop with a mysterious, uncharted hamstring injury, as well as a pitcher who throws the slowest, most agonizing games in history.

Sign me up for this crazy ride!

LeBron James can walk without crutches.

kittle42
05-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Jerome
If Magglio doesn't want to re sign, we need to trade him. We have three OF prospects (Reed, Sweeney, Anderson) and we should bring up Reed to see how fast he adjusts to big leauge pitching. So once again, if we can't re sign Maggs, here's what we should do:

Mets Get: Magglio, Jose Valentin, whatever other minor leagers needed to seal the deal.

Also, this doesn't do much to clear up our log jam at 2B, SS, and 3B, but if Crede continues not hitting and Uribe continues to hit, Crede has to be on the bench. If Crede starts hitting, throw Willie in Center. Also, it gives us a legit fifth starter

Oooh....my favorite thing....a ridiculous trade thread!

And what exactly would the Mets be doing with Mr. Valentin when they have Matsui?

elrod
05-30-2004, 11:35 PM
Terrible trade idea. If you're going to give up Maggs, Jose (and presumably Rauch) you might as well get top prospects Matt Peterson, Scott Kazmir and David Wright - in addition to Trachsel. Or maybe just one of the first two and Reyes.

Jerome
05-30-2004, 11:43 PM
Can anyone else think of a better trade possibility for Maggs? Or would we just keep Maggs, knowing its our last year with him and get nothing for him? If we are looking like legit contenders for the WS, than don't trade him and take our lumps next year. But would you really want to get nothing for him while he goes to on to the Mets? I'm just throwing stuff out there.

inta
05-31-2004, 12:14 AM
what's the point of trading maggs except for vengeance?
we have a chance this year. lets go for it. and we need maggs bat to do that.
for some reason 90% of this team's offense goes dead in the cold weather. if we're battling boston in October, we need maggs.

if we lose him in the off season because of his agent's greed... well, that's 14mill we have to use on FA's then.
and if we show we're a contender this year, FA's will be much more likely to come knocking on the southside door.

Kuzman
05-31-2004, 12:17 AM
:threadsucks

how bout magglio for john burkett

soltrain21
05-31-2004, 12:21 AM
I hate to do this, too. That isn't a good trade for us at all. If we send him anywhere it better be to Seattle or Arizona

doublem23
05-31-2004, 12:22 AM
There's no need to trade Magglio unless we bottom out. If the Sox do well, you never know if Maggs would lower his asking price, too, to play in Chicago for a contender? :?:

Reed, Borchard, Sweeney, Anderson, etc. are all unknowns. Maggs is a damn fine and consistent hitter. All this "playing for next year" crap has gotten to Sox fans, I think. Even at worst, if we lose Magglio we get the compensation picks in the draft. I would take that, and a chance in October over Trachsel and Reyes.

doublem23
05-31-2004, 12:25 AM
And again, I don't think Maggs has specifically said that he won't play for the Sox next year.

batmanZoSo
05-31-2004, 12:37 AM
Man, we're on fire here lately.

LMAO. Can we please throw in Reed and Anderson if it'll "seal the deal?"

A. Cavatica
05-31-2004, 12:43 AM
Since we know Boston was interested in Maggs, and isn't likely to bring back Derek Lowe: Maggs & Rauch for Lowe, Damon, Williamson?

That, or Maggs to LA still seems plausible.

nasox
05-31-2004, 12:46 AM
this post just affirms my suspicion that the threads lately have been really stale and kinda blah. Maybe we can attribute that to winning and that when we win, there are less problems to talk about.

MRKARNO
05-31-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Since we know Boston was interested in Maggs, and isn't likely to bring back Derek Lowe: Maggs & Rauch for Lowe, Damon, Williamson?

That, or Maggs to LA still seems plausible.

Have you seen Lowe at all this year?? Absolutely terrible

Damon doesnt really fit on our team. We dont need a CFer IMO. Crede will get hot and then what do we do with Willie or Uribe? We'd have to get a corner CFer back for Maggs. Trot Nixon would be good if he ever got healthy this year.

And Williamson would be good.

If it were Wakefield, Nixon and Williamson I'd do it but the Red Sox would never.

doublem23
05-31-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Damon doesnt really fit on our team. We dont need a CFer IMO.

:?:

I would list centerfield as a glaring need, especially after next year if this is Jose Valentin's last tour of duty with the Sox.