PDA

View Full Version : West Coast

dan
05-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Is the west coast trip really such a big deal every year. It seems like year after year the sox go onto the coast with momentum, and comeback having lost some atrocious games to the like of the Mariners and the A's. Hopefully the team can keep pounding the ball on the coast, even if they have to face the big three to do it. Will this be the year that the Sox have a winning record on the roadtrip out west.

doublem23
05-30-2004, 11:17 PM
A lot of things are different about these Sox than the teams we watched for the last few years. I'll remain cautiously optimistic, and even if the Sox don't win too many games out West, I'd just be happy to see them play well. Those are some good teams out there, and we can't afford to piss away games like we have in the past.

oheeoh...magglio
05-30-2004, 11:19 PM
If we can go 3-2 or 4-1 on this trip, I will really begin to believe this team has the potential to be playing past October 3rd.

batmanZoSo
05-30-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by dan
Is the west coast trip really such a big deal every year. It seems like year after year the sox go onto the coast with momentum, and comeback having lost some atrocious games to the like of the Mariners and the A's. Hopefully the team can keep pounding the ball on the coast, even if they have to face the big three to do it. Will this be the year that the Sox have a winning record on the roadtrip out west.

We're not facing the big three in Oakland, we're facing the big one--Mulder. Before that we got Loaiza facing Redman who's decent, but certainly beatable. And Seattle just sucks. We might sweep them. I'm not worried at all about this road trip. We should go 3-2. Split in Oakland, then win the Seattle series. Of course, corpseball could make an appearance, but probably not based on recent events.

CanOfCorn
05-30-2004, 11:27 PM
I hope Mulder squares off against Buehrle.

"9 innings in under 2 hours or your game is free."

MRKARNO
05-30-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by CanOfCorn
I hope Mulder squares off against Buehrle.

"9 innings in under 2 hours or your game is free."

He will

elrod
05-30-2004, 11:37 PM
Oakland was a house of horrors for Buehrle a couple years ago. Hopefully he'll match up well against Mulder. Redman is hit or miss.

CanOfCorn
05-30-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
He will

Well then, I hope that the game is on WGN so I can actually see it.

nasox
05-31-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by CanOfCorn
Well then, I hope that the game is on WGN so I can actually see it.

I'm with you there! :smile:

gosox3072
05-31-2004, 01:10 AM
Im not as afraid of the big 3 as much as im sure Oakland fans are afraid of our BIG 2 :D: . Besides, they have to face both of them, im looking for another repeat performance by burhrle and Loizia this week compared to last week.

pearso66
05-31-2004, 01:12 AM
Both Oakland games are on WGN IIRC. WOOHOO I get to watch baseball this week :)

StockdaleForVeep
05-31-2004, 01:34 AM
Oh how i hope i can watch this series and not willingly forget it like ive done many a time before when our team has visited the AL West Shredder.

kojak
05-31-2004, 01:53 AM
l
Looks like no TV for us Bay Area folks on Wednesday... :angry: