Here are the sox records in 2004 for each day of the week:
Sundays:6-2
Mondays:1-2
Tuesdays:3-4
Wednesdays:6-1
Thursdays:6-2
Fridays:4-3
Saturdays:2-6

I happened to notice that I always dreaded seeing the newspaper on Sundays and decided to see if there was any truth in it or if I was imagining it. The Sox are indeed 2-6 on Saturdays, making it the worst day of the week, and making my assumption correct. Comments?

This is just kind of a random thread typical of people who are overly superstitious such as myself. I'm sure Ozzie is keeping count as well. :smile:

oheeoh...magglio
05-30-2004, 11:53 PM
That has nothing to do with superstition.

It has more to do with the fact that our #5 starter spot usually comes up on Saturday. :(:

Whitesox029
05-31-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
That has nothing to do with superstition.

It has more to do with the fact that our #5 starter spot usually comes up on Saturday. :(:
Let's change that why don't we?

batmanZoSo
05-31-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
Here are the sox records in 2004 for each day of the week:
Sundays:6-2
Mondays:1-2
Tuesdays:3-4
Wednesdays:6-1
Thursdays:6-2
Fridays:4-3
Saturdays:2-6

I happened to notice that I always dreaded seeing the newspaper on Sundays and decided to see if there was any truth in it or if I was imagining it. The Sox are indeed 2-6 on Saturdays, making it the worst day of the week, and making my assumption correct. Comments?

This is just kind of a random thread typical of people who are overly superstitious such as myself. I'm sure Ozzie is keeping count as well. :smile:

I'm so glad they're good on Sundays now. They used to be just horrible on Sundays for the past few years. Sunday is the best because you get to sleep in, then the Sox come on really early and as you pointed out, usually win.

This also correlates to our 15-2 or so record in the last games of our series. And of course, every Sunday is the last game of a series.

WhiteSox = Life
05-31-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
They used to be just horrible on Sundays for the past few years.

:jerry
"I really don't know why that would be."

soltrain21
05-31-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
:jerry
"I really don't know why that would be."

Playing left field on this beatiful Sunday afternoon, Paul Konerko!

BigEdWalsh
05-31-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by soltrain21
Playing left field on this beatiful Sunday afternoon, Paul Konerko!
:jerry And over in centerfield, Jose Valentin.....

Brian26
05-31-2004, 11:37 AM
I've been keeping track on my own. The records you list for Wed and Thur are wrong. We've got two losses on Wed and only one loss on Thur.