PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrows Headlines


MJL_Sox_Fan
05-30-2004, 05:23 PM
I thought I would get in the spirit of the site and try to preempt Hanger's daily media watch by predicting tomorrows headlines.

"Cubs show heart of champion, Win Series Final"

"Only 19,000 see Sox take advantage of injury plagued Angels"

JRIG
05-30-2004, 05:26 PM
"Cubs Storm Into Fourth Place "

"Angels, Like Cubs, Felled By Injuries
Score Only Two Runs in Loss"

BigEdWalsh
05-30-2004, 05:27 PM
"Back On Track...Cubs Pound Pirates!"

fquaye149
05-30-2004, 05:29 PM
""SALVAGING THE SERIES:
Baker and Cubs avoid sweep in dramatic fashion"


"Fallen Angels:
Sox keep pace with Twins with rout"

owensmouth
05-30-2004, 05:30 PM
What the heck... Sunday the Daily Southtown had three articles about the Cubs in their electronic edition and absolutely nothing about the White Sox. What is it? South Evanston/

MRKARNO
05-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Cubs only one game back of Houston, 2.5 behind Cincy.
Sox beat Angels by luck. 14-2 in the last game of a series wont hold up much longer

Nick@Nite
05-30-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
14-2 in the last game of a series wont hold up much longer [/SIZE]

Not to change the subject, but get away games are almost as important as the first game each series... keep winning those get away games along with the majority of the first game of each series and ... well, we all now what that means.

the_valenstache
05-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Or the Weekly World News...

Cubs conquer Pirates, sign Batboy.

Deals with Jesus, Mohammed to be inked "soon," says Hendry

White Sox defeat Angels

Alleged Ties to Satan's Army of the Damned Help Pillage 3-Game Series

ChiSox14305635
05-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by the_valenstache
Or the Weekly World News...

Cubs conquer Pirates, sign Batboy.

Deals with Jesus, Mohammed to be inked "soon," says Hendry

White Sox defeat Angels

Alleged Ties to Satan's Army of the Damned Help Pillage 3-Game Series


ROTFLMAO!!!

batmanZoSo
05-30-2004, 07:15 PM
http://www.fsunion.org.au/images/artpics/yawning%20man.jpg

Railsplitter
05-30-2004, 09:06 PM
"CUBS DEFEAT VICIOUS MARITIME MARAUDERS"

"SOX PUNNEL GOD'S MESSANGERS"

Railsplitter
05-30-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
"CUBS DEFEAT VICIOUS MARITIME MARAUDERS"

"SOX PUNNEL GOD'S MESSANGERS"

damm tipoes


"CUBS BRAVELY SALVAGE LAST GAME OF SERIES"

"SOX BRUTALLY SLAUGHTER ANGELS"

nitetrain8601
05-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Cubs back to their winning ways

Sox win over heavily depleted Angels squad

Daver
05-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
damm tipoes


"CUBS BRAVELY SALVAGE LAST GAME OF SERIES"

"SOX BRUTALLY SLAUGHTER ANGELS"

We do have an edit button so that you can fix your own typos.....

Whitesox029
05-30-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by MJL_Sox_Fan
I thought I would get in the spirit of the site and try to preempt Hanger's daily media watch by predicting tomorrows headlines.

"Cubs show heart of champion, Win Series Final"

"Only 19,000 see Sox take advantage of injury plagued Angels"
I like these the best, but I'll take a crack at it myself:

Cubs snap streak in typical fashion, pound Pirates in rout of the century

Sox surprisingly salvage series despite Rauch controversy; Williams still unhappy, wants Rauch and his family dead--see page 6

kojak
05-30-2004, 10:25 PM
My headline would read:

"Cubs avoid NL Central cellar-- for now" (details in Help Wanted)

CanOfCorn
05-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Sox surprisingly salvage series despite Rauch controversy; Williams still unhappy, wants Rauch and his family dead--see page 6

Ha!


"Cubs defeat the Scourge of the Seas; War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength."

"Godless Sox kill Angels."

elrod
05-30-2004, 10:29 PM
CUBS BACK ON TRACK FOR DIVISION TITLE

Sox keep pace with Twins

oheeoh...magglio
05-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Haha, this thread is too funny!!!

:)

Whitesox029
05-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Haha, this thread is too funny!!!

:)
Don't you love it? We should do this more often. It's both funny and sad because some of these, though obviously sarcastic, are probably very likely to actually appear in a paper anyway.

TornLabrum
05-30-2004, 11:25 PM
I'll take my cue from the Kankakee Daily Urinal, which had this this headline after Otto Kerner thumped Charles Percy in the Governor's race, including Kankakee County, during the '64 Johnson landslide: Percy does well in Kankakee County

gosox3072
05-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
Don't you love it? We should do this more often. It's both funny and sad because some of these, though obviously sarcastic, are probably very likely to actually appear in a paper anyway.
:) hahaha, this is funny, i propose a daily **Official Predict Tommarows Headlines Thread** after each game.

inta
05-31-2004, 12:06 AM
inta:// cue's the cd player to metallica: 'sad but true'


oy

skobabe8
05-31-2004, 01:39 AM
Cub Bats Wallop Perennial Power Pittsburgh

So Far, So Fantastic For Prior

Wrigley Field: More Historic With Every Passing Day

Careless Angels Run Into Uribe, Sox

WhiteSox = Life
05-31-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by skobabe8
Cub Bats Wallop Perennial Power Pittsburgh

So Far, So Fantastic For Prior

Wrigley Field: More Historic With Every Passing Day

Careless Angels Run Into Uribe, Sox

Nicely done!

I'm not gonna try and top that, particularly since it's nearly 2 in the morning. Though no matter time it is, that was a very creative post.

RavenswoodFan
05-31-2004, 02:03 AM
CUBS WIN BIG TIME!!!!
Sox take another form the Angels.....Even after Rauch Gate! Hang on too SLIM lead over TWINS..


Damn, I hate the local media!!!

skobabe8
06-01-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life


Nicely done!

I'm not gonna try and top that, particularly since it's nearly 2 in the morning. Though no matter time it is, that was a very creative post.


thank you. i'd like to give some credit to my friend jose cuervo. couldnt have thought of that without him!

GoSox2K3
06-01-2004, 08:46 AM
I haven't read the papers today yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this:

Maddux Mania! Cubs Beat Astros! Chicago will be riveted to tonight's game!
Details: Cubs are wonderful, Wrigley Field is a shrine, and Wrigleyville is a crimeless utopia.

Prior Starts This Friday!!!!
Preview: Friday's game will be treated like Game 7 of the World Series by the Chicago media and by Cub fans.
Reaction: Cardinal George says this proves that God is a Cubs fan.

Sox Park Brawler update. Details: Sox fan Ligue awaiting trial date for latest run-in with the law.

meaningless sox start meaningless series in Oakland.
Oakland nearly as unpopular in Bay Area as Sox are in Chicago. Oakland Colusseum is bad, but not as bad as USCF. Sox cling to small, meaningless lead in standings.

Today's Tribune fan poll: Is the AL Central the weakest Division in baseball history?

Moronotti: Recycle same material for the 1000th time - Sox Park seats are blue and empty. Everybody hates the Sox. Sox should move to another city.