PDA

View Full Version : No game tomorrow

MJL_Sox_Fan
05-30-2004, 05:07 PM
I noticed on another thread that someone questioned why we don't have a game tomorrow. It seems strange to me as well, as the Sox have had a week long homestand and have another off day thursday. For the conspiracy theorists out there, why do the Cubs come home to play on memorial day? It seems that the Cubs always get the holiday games as if they need the help with attendence. See below. My Uncle has been talking about the favoritism towards the cubs in the schedule for years. I am starting to believe him.

Memorial Day 2004 - Cubs
July 4 2004 - Cubs vs. Sox at Wrigley
Labor Day 2004 - Cubs
Memorial Day 2003 - Cubs
July 4 2003 - Cubs
Labor Day 2003 - Cubs

Nick@Nite
05-30-2004, 05:20 PM
it's a traveshamockery

Soxfest
05-30-2004, 06:03 PM
Not only holidays, Sox have Det and Sea 2 weekend series in 04, after getting Det 3 times in 03, Cubs have no one team more than 1 time in 04.

CubKilla
05-30-2004, 06:08 PM
I'd actually prefer no Sox games on holidays so I can spend my time with my family and friends instead of spending my time with my family and friends in front of the TV.

Lip Man 1
05-30-2004, 08:34 PM
Last year for example the Sox were on the road for Memorial Day, the 4th of July and Labor Day.

When the rough schedules come out every MLB team can voice objections and request changes.

I don't know if Sox management does or not...perhaps they don't even care.

Lip

MRKARNO
05-30-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I don't know if Sox management does or not...perhaps they don't even care.

They probably dont care about having an off day, but do care about being on the road.

Whitesox029
05-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
it's a traveshamockery
I hereby present to you the Whitesox029 Award for most clever post I've seen all day. It doesn't have its own tag yet, but look for one in the future

doublem23
05-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
it's a traveshamockery

No making up words.

:smile:

Oh, BTW, I think some of you need to take the aluminum foil hats off your heads. Maybe Sox management likes to give its employs holidays off. Oh wait, they're too evil for something like that.

batmanZoSo
05-30-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I'd actually prefer no Sox games on holidays so I can spend my time with my family and friends instead of spending my time with my family and friends in front of the TV.

Hey there...I refuse to stand idly by while you criticize TV. :D:

gosox3072
05-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
No making up words.

Bergelflickel

gosox3072
05-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072
Bergelflickel

:) some 300th post lol

BeerHandle
05-31-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by MJL_Sox_Fan
I noticed on another thread that someone questioned why we don't have a game tomorrow. It seems strange to me as well, as the Sox have had a week long homestand and have another off day thursday. For the conspiracy theorists out there, why do the Cubs come home to play on memorial day? It seems that the Cubs always get the holiday games as if they need the help with attendence. See below. My Uncle has been talking about the favoritism towards the cubs in the schedule for years. I am starting to believe him.

Memorial Day 2004 - Cubs
July 4 2004 - Cubs vs. Sox at Wrigley
Labor Day 2004 - Cubs
Memorial Day 2003 - Cubs
July 4 2003 - Cubs
Labor Day 2003 - Cubs

Don't forget that the Cubs-Sox series this year was supposed to be flip flopped. Originally, the Cubs-Sox series was going to be played at Comiskey during the 4th Holiday weekend. Then baseball changed it because one of the games is a National game and TV wanted it at Wrigley.

daveeym
05-31-2004, 11:54 AM
you're also missing mother's day. HUGE day at wrigley with their special moments promotion or preciosu moments promotion they run. cubs definitely have a lot of say in their scheduling.

DSpivack
05-31-2004, 01:25 PM
I just don't know what to do with myself today. What is life without a White Sox game?

PaleHoseGeorge
05-31-2004, 02:15 PM
It's really goofy the way MLB has the schedule set up. Only 8 American League teams are playing today. Granted the Yankees and Angels are screwed because their Tuesday opponents are playing somebody else on Memorial Day. That's just tough.

But how do you explain Sox/Oakland and Texas/Cleveland being idle on Memorial Day? These four teams are done with their last opponents and aren't playing again until Tuesday night?
:?:

MLB is stupid to have these teams idle losing the potential gate receipts when home fans in two cities are off from work today. At the very least they could have rescheduled Tuesday's games on Monday evening and given the ballplayers Tuesday or Wednesday off.

It's not like the MLBPA wouldn't be willing to accommodate this request, assuming there were any travel restrictions involved which I doubt. They compromise on these sorts of details all the time. Making money is what the MLBPA is all about, too. Is this so freaking difficult to figure out? :o:

The people who run baseball are numbskulls.

Commissioner of Numbskulls -------> :tool

Brian26
05-31-2004, 02:20 PM
PHG is absolutely correct- we're home today with nothing to do, as are a lot of people. A baseball game is a great way to spend a day off of work. Whether the Sox were home or away, it's a nice chance for a huge gate. Really dumb move by MLB.