PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Film Day Cancelled

pinwheels3530
05-30-2004, 05:36 PM
I just heard Hawk say Photo day has been rescheduled for some later date in August cause of the weather can anyone confirm the date.

anewman35
05-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
I just heard Hawk say Photo day has been rescheduled for some later date in August cause of the weather can anyone confirm the date.

I heard August 8th, I can't confirm that for sure, though.

MRKARNO
05-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by anewman35

That's what was said on the broadcast

CubKilla
05-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by anewman35

08/08 against Cleveland

bafiarocks03
05-30-2004, 06:22 PM
ya he said the 8th! and i was so happy that it was reschedualed cuz now i get to go! Cuz i was planning on going today!! THANK YOU RAIN! lol!

LongLiveFisk
05-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by bafiarocks03
ya he said the 8th! and i was so happy that it was reschedualed cuz now i get to go! Cuz i was planning on going today!! THANK YOU RAIN! lol!

Well, actually....

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you weren't among the brave to weather the horrific donwpour while standing in line, you will not be able to get in on Aug 8. Once they announced it was postponed, those who were waiting in line were asked to remain waiting in line for a voucher they printed up that will need to be presented on Aug 8th to get in. I think this is only fair because if you were out there in the rain as long as many of us were, you would like some special recognition or appreciation for that. Thanks to the Sox for acknowledging those of us that got absolutely DRENCHED. Hell, I don't even think the word "drenched" does it justice. Hoo boy!

JGarlandrules20
05-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by LongLiveFisk
Well, actually....

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you weren't among the brave to weather the horrific donwpour while standing in line, you will not be able to get in on Aug 8. Once they announced it was postponed, those who were waiting in line were asked to remain waiting in line for a voucher they printed up that will need to be presented on Aug 8th to get in. I think this is only fair because if you were out there in the rain as long as many of us were, you would like some special recognition or appreciation for that. Thanks to the Sox for acknowledging those of us that got absolutely DRENCHED. Hell, I don't even think the word "drenched" does it justice. Hoo boy!

SWEET. Staying in line PAID OFF.

Koch Master
05-30-2004, 08:53 PM
I was going to head on down there for the game, but didn't because of the monsoon out there. I wish I had gone though......it turned out to be a nice afternoon and we sure as hell clobbered the angles.

konerkopeachy
05-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by LongLiveFisk
Well, actually....

*hi-five* I was one of the 500 or so brave souls that stood in that line. My pants did not dry from the rainwater until about the 8th inning........

Railsplitter
05-30-2004, 09:35 PM
When I was a wee one of 7.5 years, my dad scored tix for Camera Night. Same thing happened. It rained, the game started on time, but there were no pictures taken

LongLiveFisk
05-30-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by konerkopeachy
*hi-five* I was one of the 500 or so brave souls that stood in that line. My pants did not dry from the rainwater until about the 8th inning........

Oh, my sweatshirt is still soaked, some 8 or 9 hours later.

But come Aug 8, I'm sure we'll feel it was well worth it :)

Rocklive99
05-30-2004, 11:27 PM
Nuts, I didn't bother waiting in line since I thought it was canceled for sure. Makes sense though. Oh well, I still went to the game, and it turned out to be beautiful weather for the game. Crazy Chicago weather :)