PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Dransfeldt called up

Ruth Uribe
05-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Kelly Dransfeldt replaces John Rauch on the 25-man roster. I'm sure he won't play much, but I'm happy for him since he did have some clutch hits for us.

SaltyPretzel
05-30-2004, 11:31 AM
...and a clutch error. :smile:

johnny_mostil
05-30-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Ruth Uribe
Kelly Dransfeldt replaces John Rauch on the 25-man roster. I'm sure he won't play much, but I'm happy for him since he did have some clutch hits for us.

Will no one save us from these idiots?

johnny_mostil
05-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by johnny_mostil
Will no one save us from these idiots?

Er, I meant the Sox management. Dransfeldt is not a major league baseball player.

iwannago
05-30-2004, 12:08 PM
Er, I meant the Sox management. Dransfeldt is not a major league baseball player.

AMEN

CubKilla
05-30-2004, 12:21 PM

He was one of our huge '03-'04 offseason acquisitions! This is just the beginning of the Kelly Dransfeldt Era!

Lip Man 1
05-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Obviously Wunsch is never coming back. Can't figure out why, the Sox still need pitching... if they can't get a starter why not have another arm in the bullpen?

Lip

Bucktown
05-30-2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah, we told them about this during the offseason. There is no way we can compete with this team.

And now we have proof that Kenny stinks because we lost a game yesterday.

MRKARNO
05-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Obviously Wunsch is never coming back. Can't figure out why, the Sox still need pitching... if they can't get a starter why not have another arm in the bullpen?

Lip

When your 1-4 starters are going 6-7 innings consistantly (or 7-8 in the case of Esteban Loaiza) as the Sox starters have the past month or so, there is no need for a seven man bullpen, especially another lefty when there are 2 good ones there already. Coop and Ozzie are struggling to ensure that Koch, Politte, Jackson, Adkins, Cotts and Takatsu are getting enough regular work as it is.

Until June 12, we dont need a 5th starter and we also dont need a 7th guy in the bullpen. There's probably only 20 innings of total bullpen work we need between now and then and I think 6 pitchers can handle that just fine over the course of almost 2 weeks. Worse comes to worse we call up the righty Jose Santiago.

Nard
05-30-2004, 01:36 PM
Mrs. Dransfeldt is just a terrible shortstop. She doesn't even budge on balls that she may have a slight chance of getting to, and seems to go after playable balls really lazily.

She's already blown one game for us. Why put her out again? Still impressed by a clutch hit on an 0-2 pitch that Stevie Wonder could've slammed outta the park?

Dadawg_77
05-30-2004, 01:49 PM
LOL, what a great move by Kenny. Brining up a guy in postion where the Sox have a surplus of talent in.

If anyone wants to join the NFOK, this is the time to do it.

Bucktown
05-30-2004, 02:04 PM
I think this is a great move. We finally have a right handed bat to come in off the bench when Valentin is up in a clutch situation and suffering another night of Ks.

Jjav829
05-30-2004, 02:21 PM
Ok, so for all you that don't want Dransfeldt up here, who do you want?

owensmouth
05-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Oh great, the return of the Morris Minor Leaguer.

Herbal
05-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

The Trib indicated that since he was optioned, he has to stay at AAA at least 10 days.

I'd like to see him back up, but we'll have to wait a while to see.

Mohoney
05-30-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

I want Burke so we can ease some of the burden on our catchers for two weeks.

I just don't see the need for another middle infielder.

Dransfeldt doesn't bother me or anything, but I would really like to have Burke absorb about 3 games of wear and tear and give our catchers a mini-breather.

OurBitchinMinny
05-30-2004, 09:16 PM

Neither is jon rauch or anyone else in the farm system right now. Dransfeldt got some very clutch hits and is a good utility guy. One error and all of a sudden he is the worst player in the game. It happened at a bad time, but errors happen to everyone. The sox wouldnt have won that game regardless. Loaiza was pitching terribly and the offense only scored a few runs

Dadawg_77
05-31-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829

How about an outfielder esp with Mags hurting.

pearso66
05-31-2004, 11:12 AM
I don't think we need another OF up. If Crede is playing, and Willie is in CF, we have 3 other players who canplay the RF position

Jjav829
05-31-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
How about an outfielder esp with Mags hurting.

That will be decided by tomorrow's game, so why call anyone up just yet? Maggs will either be fine and play tomorrow, or he'll be placed on the DL and an OF will then be brought up.