PDA

View Full Version : Jay Mariotti's 5/30 Column

hsnterprize
05-30-2004, 10:46 AM
Hmmmm...most of the stuff Jay writes this morning is actually pretty good. Believe it or not...a POSITIVE column from him (but not without a subtle bash at the very end) for a change...

I think I see some pigs flying through the air...someone get Hell's temperature for me, too. (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay30.html)

Other than his constant "I don't want to dwell on Hawk Harrleson" rants, he actually said stuff like this on the radio this past week. Funny thing is...he kept saying he didn't want to dwell on Hawk on Friday morning's show, and most of his 1st hour was nothing but "bash Hawk" talk.

fquaye149
05-30-2004, 11:03 AM
This could be a fun summer ... on the wrong side of town.

how a journalist can write lines like these and then claim there is no bias is so far beyond me, that i am like paul konerko in a footrace.

hose
05-30-2004, 11:09 AM
I wont waste my time reading or listening to anything the Moron has to say or write.

Lip Man 1
05-30-2004, 12:54 PM
I think the line 'on the wrong side of town...' is in reference to the media throngs who basically stated that there was no way the Cubs could blow this season.

Lip

pudge
05-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
how a journalist can write lines like these and then claim there is no bias is so far beyond me, that i am like paul konerko in a footrace.

yeah, that line hit me like a ton of bricks, why even bother denying the bias anymore?

MRKARNO
05-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I think the line 'on the wrong side of town...' is in reference to the media throngs who basically stated that there was no way the Cubs could blow this season.

Lip

I agree. I think that it's almost a swipe at the media for being so giddy about the Cubs as even to put in a world series projection between the Yankees and the Cubs in the Sun-Times

Frankfan4life
05-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
Hmmmm...most of the stuff Jay writes this morning is actually pretty good. Believe it or not...a POSITIVE column from him (but not without a subtle bash at the very end) for a change...

I think I see some pigs flying through the air...someone get Hell's temperature for me, too. (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay30.html)

Other than his constant "I don't want to dwell on Hawk Harrleson" rants, he actually said stuff like this on the radio this past week. Funny thing is...he kept saying he didn't want to dwell on Hawk on Friday morning's show, and most of his 1st hour was nothing but "bash Hawk" talk.
Sorry but it seemed to me that Moronotti's column today was just a more thinly disguised rehash of his other bash Sox columns. He even started the column with an unnecessary dig at the Sox.

I'm waiting for the kind of "rah rah" columns the other team in this town seems to always get. Moronotti could have said something like, "I'm enjoying watching the Sox this year. They have become a very entertaining team. Ozzie has brought this team together like never before. They just beat the mess out of the Twinkies and reclaimed first place. They also shut down (twice) the best hitting team in baseball and have played well even with their best player sidelined with an injury. Itís been interesting to watch Juan Uribe, who, so far, has proven to be another exciting pick-up for the Sox this year. They've added some new and fun features to the ballpark with more to come. Even when the ballpark is not full, White Sox fans are lively and into the game. If you live in Chicago you should go check out a Sox game, you'll be pleasantly surprised because win or lose, you're going to be entertained by an energetic, hungry and talented team that plays with a lot of heart. Chicago should be looking forward to a post season celebration on the South Side and everyone, including the Governor, who doesn't stop and take notice will be missing one heck of a fun time."

If Chicago columnists would write a few columns like that, then I'll feel the Sox are finally being treated fairly.

kojak
05-30-2004, 03:13 PM
This guy is a true hack. I call him the Shrill Spew-piece. If sibilance were people, he'd be China!

In one sentence, he bemoans the shallowness of Hawks "verbal ducksnorts" then in the next sentence he comes up with one of his own: "Blizzard of Oz"! What a hypocrite!

Then, get this- this bonehead passes himself off as OUR friendly neighbourhood columnist, saying if it wasn't for him shaming the Sox management into spending $, we'd be worse off!?!?! And now Ozzie is HIS co-conspirator??? What a buffoon!!! He ignores the Sox for the first quarter of the season and NOW he is somehow going to take credit for what is happening??

Not on my watch, Jimmy Olsen.

Please Mr. Mariotti, stick to writing about what you know: The fetid stench of Cubdom (or is that Cubdumb?). Leave us Sox fans to wallow in our inferiority complex. It will be much sweeter without having to read your pathetic tripe.

pinwheels3530
05-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Frankfan4life
Sorry but it seemed to me that Moronotti's column today was just a more thinly disguised rehash of his other bash Sox columns. He even started the column with an unnecessary dig at the Sox.

I'm waiting for the kind of "rah rah" columns the other team in this town seems to always get. Moronotti could have said something like, "I'm enjoying watching the Sox this year. They have become a very entertaining team. Ozzie has brought this team together like never before. They just beat the mess out of the Twinkies and reclaimed first place. They also shut down (twice) the best hitting team in baseball and have played well even with their best player sidelined with an injury. Itís been interesting to watch Juan Uribe, who, so far, has proven to be another exciting pick-up for the Sox this year. They've added some new and fun features to the ballpark with more to come. Even when the ballpark is not full, White Sox fans are lively and into the game. If you live in Chicago you should go check out a Sox game, you'll be pleasantly surprised because win or lose, you're going to be entertained by an energetic, hungry and talented team that plays with a lot of heart. Chicago should be looking forward to a post season celebration on the South Side and everyone, including the Governor, who doesn't stop and take notice will be missing one heck of a fun time."

If Chicago columnists would write a few columns like that, then I'll feel the Sox are finally being treated fairly.

I agree it's hard for Jay to give the Sox any credit. He probably forced himself to write this column THIS DAMN SOX THEY KEEP WINNING!!!

inta
05-30-2004, 04:47 PM
This column is nothing but Moronotti backing slowly away from his "cubs will win sox will lose" predictions he's been braying about all season. HE WAS one of the media who hitched themselves to the cubwagon. now he's trying to hedge his bets mid season.

funny the only sox articles he could write for months were personal battles against Hawk or JR/KW....

he's a joke.