PDA

View Full Version : Reed tonight

A. Cavatica
05-30-2004, 12:26 AM
3 1 1 2 (homer, walk, strikeout). All four of his homers have come in the last 8 days or so.

Borchard DNP tonight.

EDIT: Tribune says "White Sox general manager Ken Williams is so eager to add a starting pitcher that he is willing to trade any of the franchise's top prospects, including former No. 1 draft pick Joe Borchard." I wonder if this is a portent?

SEALgep
05-30-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica

Borchard DNP tonight. Hmmm. Call up if Magg's is going on the DL?

SEALgep
05-30-2004, 12:30 AM

EDIT: Tribune says "White Sox general manager Ken Williams is so eager to add a starting pitcher that he is willing to trade any of the franchise's top prospects, including former No. 1 draft pick Joe Borchard." I wonder if this is a portent? Or that could be it as well.

OEO Magglio
05-30-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Hmmm. Call up if Magg's is going on the DL?
Seal, he was yanked during the game last night due to an injury I think it was his hamstring. So it was probably precautionary. Borchard that is.

SEALgep
05-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Seal, he was yanked during the game last night due to an injury I think it was his hamstring. So it was probably precautionary. Borchard that is. Good deal, I did not know that. Thanks for updating me.

DickAllen72
05-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Hmmm. Call up if Magg's is going on the DL?

Now that Harris is playing in CF, and with Gload, Rowand and Perez around, I don't see why we'd want to bring Borchard up just to sit on the bench for a couple of weeks. Especially since he has just hit his stride down in AAA after struggling for a long time.

I don't think it would be good to start him ahead of Gload or Rowand at this point, so why not bring up Jamie Burke as a third catcher or Kelly Dransfeldt again to be ready on the bench to pinch run or come in for defense at SS, 3B, etc.

SoxxoS
05-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by DickAllen72
Now that Harris is playing in CF, and with Gload, Rowand and Perez around, I don't see why we'd want to bring Borchard up just to sit on the bench for a couple of weeks. Especially since he has just hit his stride down in AAA after struggling for a long time.

I don't think it would be good to start him ahead of Gload or Rowand at this point, so why not bring up Jamie Burke as a third catcher or Kelly Dransfeldt again to be ready on the bench to pinch run or come in for defense at SS, 3B, etc.

I got a great idea (if Maggs goes on the 15 day DL)

Sit Crede's against righties and Valentin against lefties, and play Borchard.

SEALgep
05-30-2004, 12:45 AM

I don't think it would be good to start him ahead of Gload or Rowand at this point, so why not bring up Jamie Burke as a third catcher or Kelly Dransfeldt again to be ready on the bench to pinch run or come in for defense at SS, 3B, etc. That's true, a move for Burke or Dransfeldt makes more sense if he indeed goes on the DL, which I hope becomes unneccesary.

Chisoxfn
05-30-2004, 03:51 AM
3 1 1 2 (homer, walk, strikeout). All four of his homers have come in the last 8 days or so.

Borchard DNP tonight.

EDIT: Tribune says "White Sox general manager Ken Williams is so eager to add a starting pitcher that he is willing to trade any of the franchise's top prospects, including former No. 1 draft pick Joe Borchard." I wonder if this is a portent?
Borchard pulled up running but was available to pinch hit. He's supposed to be back in the lineup tomorrow, but he may be held out.

Doesn't sound like a serious hammy injury.

jeremyb1
05-30-2004, 08:44 AM

Haha. Maybe because we don't want him to sit for two weeks now that he's just hit his stride? Borchard is older and he's been around longer but he's like any serious prospect, he needs regular at bats.