PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow

RKMeibalane
05-29-2004, 07:17 PM
I'd better not see Carlos in the starting lineup for tomorrow's game. I'd also better not see players *COUGH* Frank *COUGH* and *COUGH* Valentin *COUGH* swinging for the fences again. The Sox have been playing great baseball, but they need to take advantage of Twins' losses. There was no reason why they shouldn't have won this afternoon's game. They need to bounce back against Jon Lackey tomorrow.

TaylorStSox
05-29-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I'd better not see Carlos in the starting lineup for tomorrow's game. I'd also better not see players *COUGH* Frank *COUGH* and *COUGH* Valentin *COUGH* swinging for the fences again. The Sox have been playing great baseball, but they need to take advantage of Twins' losses. There was no reason why they shouldn't have won this afternoon's game. They need to bounce back against Jon Lackey tomorrow.

I have 1 reason.... Sele. He beats anyone today. He was that good. Suck it up and move on.

soltrain21
05-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by TaylorStSox
I have 1 reason.... Sele. He beats anyone today. He was that good. Suck it up and move on.

I agree, just gotta tip your cap to him today.

We will go out and win tomorrow...

BigEdWalsh
05-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Today's game sucked. End of story. The sky is not falling. It was hard to stomach today's game after such great wins this week. But hey, we come out of it still 2 games ahead and tomorrow is another day.
That being said, this 5th starter situation has got to be resolved. Bottom line, the Sox would have an awesome record if we were .500 in the 5th starter games. They have GOT to get someone decent.

HomeFish
05-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Weather forecast for tommorow: one inch of rain, high winds, hail...

...would they play a makeup on memorial day?

CHISOXFAN13
05-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
Weather forecast for tommorow: one inch of rain, high winds, hail...

...would they play a makeup on memorial day?

HMMM, quite possibly. Anaheim does return again, but it would seem to make more sense for the teams to play Monday so it's a mutual off day.

Still wouldn't force us to use a No. 5 again because of the extra day off on Thursday.

Whitesox029
05-29-2004, 08:28 PM
I'd better not see Carlos in the starting lineup for tomorrow's game.
Are we talking about Carlos as in Carlos Lee of the 16-odd-game hitting streak? Maybe I'm missing something, but why in God's name would you not want to see him in the lineup?

Nick@Nite
05-29-2004, 08:31 PM
I'd better not see Carlos in the starting lineup for tomorrow's game.

What?

Originally posted by Whitesox029
Are we talking about Carlos as in Carlos Lee of the 16-odd-game hitting streak? Maybe I'm missing something, but why in God's name would you not want to see him in the lineup?

Yup... I was gonna say that, but you beat me to it.

batmanZoSo
05-29-2004, 08:35 PM

I hope we trade him and his 16 game hitting streak.

I don't know about benching him tomorrow, but I certainly would've pulled him out of the game after that baserunning gaffe.

Whitesox029
05-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
I hope we trade him and his 16 game hitting streak.

I don't know about benching him tomorrow, but I certainly would've pulled him out of the game after that baserunning gaffe.
That's the downside to Carlos Lee...He's really not very smart at all. Sometimes you just gotta deal with it. As long as he keeps hitting there's no reason to bench him. As to TRADING him....yes. Go for it, as long as you can get a decent #5 guy for him.

batmanZoSo
05-29-2004, 08:54 PM
That's the downside to Carlos Lee...He's really not very smart at all. Sometimes you just gotta deal with it. As long as he keeps hitting there's no reason to bench him. As to TRADING him....yes. Go for it, as long as you can get a decent #5 guy for him.

He hasn't hit a thing this year, last 16 games withstanding. I've had enough of streaky ass power hitters who don't hit for much power and can't field or run the bases. It's a total waste to pay Lee 6.5 million, he doesn't help us at all, he only hurts us by tying up money that could be spent on pitching. Let the Jeremy Reed era begin.

A. Cavatica
05-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Yeah, you have to bench a player who makes a mistake this boneheaded in a critical situation...I'd bench Manny Ramirez for a bulls*** play like that, and Carlos is no Manny.

illiniwhitesox
05-30-2004, 04:41 PM

I'm glad he's playing. Added to his hitting streak today and knocked in a clutch run.

Don't blame you for being pissed about his baserunning. It makes me catatonic when I see him pull a brainfart on the basepaths.

voodoochile
05-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Yeah, it's a damned shame that Jose swung for the fences... :D: