PDA

View Full Version : Attn. KW & JR. Here's a WinningPR Move

DickAllen72
05-29-2004, 01:27 PM
Since we could use another left handed bat anyway, why not try to acquire Mackowiak from the Pirates?

He's a local guy from Oak Lawn, and after his performance last night against the Cubs he's now somewhat of a local hero.

Looking at his career stats, he seems like he's pretty good but doesn't look as if he'd be untouchable.

I think he'd fit in well with the team on the field, and he'd probably put some more fans in the seats.

If rumors are true that we're really interested in Benson, make Mackowiac part of that deal.

Just a thought...

habibharu
05-29-2004, 01:30 PM
yeah this guy could really be a valuable player since he is left handed and can play the OF and also 2b and 3b

DickAllen72
05-29-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
yeah this guy could really be a valuable player since he is left handed and can play the OF and also 2b and 3b

Wow! I didn't know he could also play infield. A left handed hitting third baseman??? Wow! I like my idea even better now!

crector
05-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by DickAllen72
Since we could use another left handed bat anyway, why not try to acquire Mackowiak from the Pirates?

He's a local guy from Oak Lawn, and after his performance last night against the Cubs he's now somewhat of a local hero.

Looking at his career stats, he seems like he's pretty good but doesn't look as if he'd be untouchable.

I think he'd fit in well with the team on the field, and he'd probably put some more fans in the seats.

If rumors are true that we're really interested in Benson, make Mackowiac part of that deal.

Just a thought...

About a month or so ago, I suggested just that and the result was that some guy put up the "This Thread Sucks" picture while others said that if Mackowiak played for the Pirates, he couldn't possibly be good enough for the White Sox.

What a difference a doubleheader makes...........

dpbyron
05-29-2004, 02:05 PM
That was me! I still think trading Carlos lee for Mackowiak is INSANE!

This Thread Sucks! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=32309&s=&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&display=show)

fquaye149
05-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by crector
About a month or so ago, I suggested just that and the result was that some guy put up the "This Thread Sucks" picture while others said that if Mackowiak played for the Pirates, he couldn't possibly be good enough for the White Sox.

that thread did suck. and still does

beckett21
05-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by DickAllen72
Wow! I didn't know he could also play infield. A left handed hitting third baseman??? Wow! I like my idea even better now!

Yeah. Exactly why they are not going to *throw him in*. I have heard the Pirates GM is on record as saying Mackowiak means more to their team than he would garner in trade, thus he is most likely going nowhere unless someone overpays.

I'd love for the Sox to get him, but it isn't going to happen.

Nice thought though! :D:

SOXintheBURGH
05-29-2004, 02:58 PM
There is absolutely no way Dave Littlefield (Pirates GM) will trade Rob Mackowiak.. he can play just about any position and has a great left handed bat and is a fan favorite.. and he hit a walk off grand slam against the Scrubbies which gave me a hard on.

beckett21
05-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by SOXintheBURGH
There is absolutely no way Dave Littlefield (Pirates GM) will trade Rob Mackowiak.. he can play just about any position and has a great left handed bat and is a fan favorite.. and he hit a walk off grand slam against the Scrubbies which gave me a hard on.

That's probably more than we needed to know.....

I agree that there's no way they trade him however. Unless we take Jason Bay and Craig Wilson off their hands too.

Yeah right! :D:

SOXintheBURGH
05-29-2004, 03:07 PM
LOL....

Jason Bay and Craiggers would be unbelievable.. but then we would be just like the Northsiders raiding all the Pirates talent before the all star break (Ramirez, Lofton, Randall Simon the Sausage Beater).

On a side note... just turned on Braves at Philly, announcer just said "John Smoltz could be a very attractive trade consideration nearing the all-star break." or something similar. Any one need a closer?? :gulp:

doublem23
05-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Rob Mackowiak? You're kidding, right?

DickAllen72
05-29-2004, 10:51 PM
He did it again tonight. I love Cub killers!
:)

DickAllen72
05-29-2004, 11:02 PM

Then it seems it turns out you're either a prophet or a genius! I never heard of the guy till yesterday.

Just for the record, I like Carlos Lee--even after his bonehead play today, falling asleep at second base. But he usually hustles, he made himself into a pretty good left fielder (he used to be pretty poor), and he produces at the plate.

Still, I'd love to have Mackowiac, especially in time for the series with the Cubs! :)

P.S. Carlos is also a Cub killer! I want both of them!!!

bennyw41
05-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Wait, cause some hometown guy beats the cubs, you want him on your team? Talk about flavor of the week.

CubKilla
05-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by beckett21
I have heard the Pirates GM is on record as saying Mackowiak means more to their team than he would garner in trade, thus he is most likely going nowhere unless someone overpays.

:KW

"Did you say overpay?"

MarkEdward
05-30-2004, 01:15 PM

Because you suggested Carlos Lee for Mackowiak straight up, which is pretty dumb... The thread still sucks...

pearso66
05-30-2004, 01:19 PM
I think its pretty funny, my G/F and I were watchign sportscenter and Mackowiak was on, and she said he looked like the guy in the Pepsi commercial where the Sox fan gives Sammy the hot taco. If you think about it, he kind of does.