PDA

View Full Version : STOP Miguel!

owensmouth
05-29-2004, 12:09 PM
There are times that I want to strangle Miguel Olivo! Last nite was one of them. His stupid baserunning blunder cost us directly two runs.

Trying to score from second on a bunt was a brainless blunder that could have easily cost us the game. It led directly to two lost runs, his own, and Willie, who died on third.

I realize that he's still learning, and he's convinced that his speed can overcome some mistakes, but last night's game was won not because of Miguel, but in spite of him.

He ran through a stop sign given by the third base coach. I hope Ozzie lit into him after the game to try and get him the control some of that enthusiasm.

SoxxoS
05-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Everyone makes mistakes...it didn't cost us the game...so all is well. :D:

owensmouth
05-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Everyone makes mistakes...it didn't cost us the game...so all is well.

I'm not worried about last night's game, I don't want him to cost us tomorrow's game with that type of blunder.

beckett21
05-29-2004, 12:21 PM
It was a bit aggressive, and could have cost us. But thankfully it didn't.

I appreciate his hustle. Rest assured that he felt worse about the blunder than anyone. He will learn from it is my guess. He seems to be the type of player who learns from his mistakes and responds positively to criticism. Just my opinion, but I'm willing to give him a pass on that one.

iwannago
05-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by beckett21
It was a bit aggressive, and could have cost us. But thankfully it didn't.

I appreciate his hustle. Rest assured that he felt worse about the blunder than anyone. He will learn from it is my guess. He seems to be the type of player who learns from his mistakes and responds positively to criticism. Just my opinion, but I'm willing to give him a pass on that one.

I agree with you. Watching the game the camera was on him in the dugout, his facial expressions told the whole story.

MarkEdward
05-29-2004, 12:50 PM
IMO He made up for it with a pretty solid day at the plate. That triple was huge, we just couldnt get him home.

mantis1212
05-29-2004, 12:58 PM
I think Miguel has seen "Major League" one too many times