PDA

View Full Version : Might be the worst idea I have ever heard

SoxxoS
05-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Look at this nugget of great enlightenment.

10. White Sox need a No. 5 starter? How about they give Cliff Politte a crack at it? He was a starter in his Philadelphia and St. Louis days and he throws heat. (Just a thought.)

Dead serious...does Mike Downey, the alleged "South Sider" even watch the damn games? My gosh.

Linker (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-040528downey,1,2924079.column?coll=cs-home-utility)

SEALgep
05-29-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Look at this nugget of great enlightenment.

Dead serious...does Mike Downey, the alleged "South Sider" even watch the damn games? My gosh.

Linker (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-040528downey,1,2924079.column?coll=cs-home-utility) First suggestions for Shingo and now Politte. What makes people think that if you can pitch well for an inning or two that you can transform into a starter? Also in Politte's case, sure he throws hard, but he ain't going to throw 96-98 for 5-7 consecutive innings. Geez.

JRIG
05-29-2004, 12:03 PM
This is the same guy who thought we should trade Frank Thomas for Alex Cora before this season began.

And he can't (or doesn't care enough to) understand slugging percentage.

SoxxoS
05-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
This is the same guy who thought we should trade Frank Thomas for Alex Cora before this season began.

And he can't (or doesn't care enough to) understand slugging percentage.

I missed the Thomas for Cora trade idea...you got a link for that garbage? Next step is a e-mail to the trib sports editor to call for this guys termination. I can't read his stuff, it makes me ill.

pudge
05-29-2004, 12:55 PM
Man o man, this guy is a friggin dufus. How does he get space in the Trib, just amazing.

WhiteSox = Life
05-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Man o man, this guy is a friggin dufus. How does he get space in the Trib, just amazing.

I think you just answered your own question there.

:smile:

FarWestChicago
05-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Man o man, this guy is a friggin dufus. How does he get space in the Trib, just amazing. :knue

You're welcome.