PDA

View Full Version : All apologies to Ozzie

illiniwhitesox
05-29-2004, 11:07 AM
When KW hired Ozzie, I remember my first comment being, "Take an undisciplined, free-swinging team at the plate (LY's team) and hire someone to manage them who was the most undisciplined, free-swinger when he was a player".

Well I am as wrong as wrong can be. The Sox are playing beautiful ball. They are fundamentally sound. Ozzie has managed Garland fantastically and been able to turn him into a horse that lasts 7 or more.

His players are aggressive on the base-paths, patient at the plate and come through in the clutch.

I also expect Ozzie's commitment to Crede to pay off. For those of you who are down on Joe, I understand your position. However, my gut tells me he will get hot and Ozzie will be rewarded for not wavering.

Ozzie, I apologize again.

joecrede
05-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Remember the Chicago press had Guillen pegged as a clown when he was hired? Vickery wrote the only positive things I recall reading, so kudos to him too.

SEALgep
05-29-2004, 11:22 AM
His first year has already shown me that he can manage a pitching staff better than Baker could ever hope for. Sure Cooper is a big part of that, but Ozzie is smart enough to keep his coaches involved and to take their advice. Maybe Baker should taking more of Rothschilds.

TornLabrum
05-29-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm going to take several bows for mentioning before the start of the season that Ozzie's record then was the same as everyone else's...0-0. Seems like a lot of folks here thought it was 0-162.

pearso66
05-29-2004, 02:55 PM
I was excited the day his signing was announced. I knew he was firery(sp) and that his attitude was the antithesis of Manuel. I'm still excited he's here, and I hope he keeps the winning coming