PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 Price Tuesday + Bleachers = NO MORE BEER VENDORS!

BeerHandle
05-29-2004, 10:41 AM
I was at the game last night and was talking with my beer vendor, Bob (vendor with long hair). He informed me that on Tuesday's the Sox are not going to allow beer vendors in the bleacher section because of all the fights.

This pissed me off because now I have to walk all the way up to the concession to get a beer. Also, the bleacher section is where Bob makes his money.

Thanks to all the Cub idiots coming to our park! Oh yeah, there was another Cub fan last night in the bleachers (cub hat and shirt) cheering outright for Anaheim. My friend got right in his face and almost knocked him out.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-29-2004, 10:54 AM
<heavy level of self-denial>

Yes, I'm sure the blame lies completely with all those Cubs fans..."

</heavy level of self-denial>

Enjoy your (multiple) trips to the beer stand. It could be worse. You could be restricted to the upper deck with all the trouble-making Cubs fans.

SEALgep
05-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
<heavy level of self-denial>

Yes, I'm sure the blame lies completely with all those Cubs fans..."

</heavy level of self-denial>

Enjoy your (multiple) trips to the beer stand. It could be worse. You could be restricted to the upper deck with all the trouble-making Cubs fans. Were you at that game PaleHoseGeorge? I don't know how you can make it sound like this guy is over exaggerating what happened. I was at the game, and that's exactly how it was. Cubs fans were purposely starting nonsense.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Were you at that game PaleHoseGeorge? I don't know how you can make it sound like this guy is over exaggerating what happened. I was at the game, and that's exactly how it was. Cubs fans were purposely starting nonsense.

Anybody paying half-price is entitled to attend a Sox game on Tuesday nights, even the (gasp!) bleacher section seats.

If you can't help but get into fights with these dopes, then you deserve to be kicked out and/or prosecuted just like they are. You think the Sox want your belligerent ass getting into fights every Tuesday night? Think again, my friend.

If you think adding more security is the answer, then tell us which pitcher you want taken off the roster to help pay the cost of the additional overhead to please your sensibilities, drinking beer on Tuesday night with everyone else who got in for half-price, including a fair number of obnoxious Cubs fans.

A.T. Money
05-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
I was at the game last night and was talking with my beer vendor, Bob (vendor with long hair). He informed me that on Tuesday's the Sox are not going to allow beer vendors in the bleacher section because of all the fights.

This pissed me off because now I have to walk all the way up to the concession to get a beer. Also, the bleacher section is where Bob makes his money.

Thanks to all the Cub idiots coming to our park! Oh yeah, there was another Cub fan last night in the bleachers (cub hat and shirt) cheering outright for Anaheim. My friend got right in his face and almost knocked him out.

Is this the same beer vendor that goes "Beeeeer, Miller Beeeeeeer...Miller Draft, Miller Liiiiite."

dickallen15
05-29-2004, 11:12 AM
I was at the game although not in the outfield. To say the fights are all because of Cub fans is silly.There is no reason for punches to be thrown at a baseball game. I'd be willing to bet the majority of these fights were alcohol related, just like when the idiots stormed the field. I applaud the White Sox for this action, and would hope they would cut off beer sales entirely in the outfield for these half price nights. As a season ticketholder who attends between 60-70 games a year, I don't think its just coincidence that the fights only occur on half price night, at least the muliple fights. You can bet that half price nights will be gone after this season. If you are old enough to drink, you are technically an adult. Its time these "fans" act like one.

SEALgep
05-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Anybody paying half-price is entitled to attend a Sox game on Tuesday nights, even the (gasp!) bleacher section seats.

If you can't help but get into fights with these dopes, then you deserve to be kicked out and/or prosecuted just like they are. You think the Sox want your belligerent ass getting into fights every Tuesday night? Think again, my friend.

If you think adding more security is the answer, then tell us which pitcher you want taken off the roster to help pay the cost of the additional overhead to please your sensibilities, drinking beer on Tuesday night with everyone else who got in for half-price, including a fair number of obnoxious Cubs fans. Actually I thought security did a fine job. And you're right I don't condone fighting with these idiots, but when people are put in uncomfortable situations, sometimes the devil inside people come out when they don't intend it. That's a poor excuse, sure. However, if the Cubs fans come into a stadium of 20,000+ and look for trouble, they're going to find it. If you figure they went there to enjoy a baseball game, you're only fooling yourself. Is fighting the answer, no, but it's bound to happen if the other side is looking for a fight. Besides, if you weren't there, how can just assume every fight was started by the Sox fans?

PaleHoseGeorge
05-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Actually I thought security did a fine job. And you're right I don't condone fighting with these idiots, but when people are put in uncomfortable situations, sometimes the devil inside people come out when they don't intend it. That's a poor excuse, sure. However, if the Cubs fans come into a stadium of 20,000+ and look for trouble, they're going to find it. If you figure they went there to enjoy a baseball game, you're only fooling yourself. Is fighting the answer, no, but it's bound to happen if the other side is looking for a fight. Besides, if you weren't there, how can just assume every fight was started by the Sox fans?

Reread what I wrote. I never once stated "every fight was started by the Sox fans." I never even implied it. Fighters should be removed from the ballpark, period. If in fact the fights are between Cubs fans and Sox fans (as Beerhandle implies) then the Sox fans need to be tossed, too... even BeerHandle if he is joining the brawl.

SEALgep
05-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Reread what I wrote. I never once stated "every fight was started by the Sox fans." I never even implied it. Fighters should be removed from the ballpark, period. If in fact the fights are between Cubs fans and Sox fans (as Beerhandle implies) then the Sox fans need to be tossed, too... even BeerHandle if he is joining the brawl. Okay, my mistake. I thought you were implying Sox fans themselves were the problem, and as long as that's not the case, I agree full heartedly. Fighting has no place in the stadium regardless who it is, and should be punished for doing so. The exception being self defense.

Jerko
05-29-2004, 11:25 AM
Great, now all the fights will start in the beer lines of the stationary stands when everyone that is fighting with each other has to wait in longer lines TOGETHER because everyone will be buying the limit of beers so they don't go dry. THAT will really curb fighting.

A.T. Money
05-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Great, now all the fights will start in the beer lines of the stationary stands when everyone that is fighting with each other has to wait in longer lines TOGETHER because everyone will be buying the limit of beers so they don't go dry. THAT will really curb fighting.

What I find interesting is that the beer prices are the same regardless of what night it is. Why would consumption be any different on Monday or Tuesday because it's half price night?

dickallen15
05-29-2004, 11:35 AM
People save $12 on tickets, and spend that and another $50 on beer. It makes no sense, but that seems to be what's happening. In the 20 or so games I have attended this year, there may have been 1 or 2 fights total for all the other games. There are at least 10 per night on half priced night.

JoseCanseco6969
05-29-2004, 11:39 AM
I sure as hell hope they dont cancel half-price night alltogether just because of a few idiots.

Frank the Tank
05-29-2004, 11:45 AM
I think removing beer vendors is absolutely silly. Beer doesn't get people drunk, people get themselves drunk. This is a stupid move that WILL hurt attendance. I like to have about 3-5 beers during the game when I am not driving, and I can assure you that I will not run up to the concouse for my refills.

SEALgep
05-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
I think removing beer vendors is absolutely silly. Beer doesn't get people drunk, people get themselves drunk. This is a stupid move that WILL hurt attendance. I like to have about 3-5 beers during the game when I am not driving, and I can assure you that I will not run up to the concouse for my refills. The real Frank the Tank would run 5 miles for a refill, while streaking.

Vernam
05-29-2004, 12:03 PM

If you think adding more security is the answer, then tell us which pitcher you want taken off the roster to help pay the cost of the additional overhead to please your sensibilities, drinking beer on Tuesday night with everyone else who got in for half-price, including a fair number of obnoxious Cubs fans.

Amen.

VC

Frank the Tank
05-29-2004, 12:04 PM
The real Frank the Tank would run 5 miles for a refill, while streaking.

I wonder is security would allow me to bring a beer bong to the games?

SSN721
05-29-2004, 12:31 PM
I personally dont have a problem with it. The half price night is a privilege, not a right. I feel that management should do whatever they feel necessary, I would go to all of them if they didnt sell beer at all. Its just one night a week. Its nice having a beer while watching a game, but if it prevents all the fights that only happen that night I would rather have that then getting rid of half price nights altogether.

BeerHandle
05-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by SSN721
I personally dont have a problem with it. The half price night is a privilege, not a right. I feel that management should do whatever they feel necessary, I would go to all of them if they didnt sell beer at all. Its just one night a week. Its nice having a beer while watching a game, but if it prevents all the fights that only happen that night I would rather have that then getting rid of half price nights altogether.

My problem is that being a split season ticket holder I have a lot of Tuesday games. And yes my tickets are in the bleachers (161) and now I do not receive all the services as other sections. All beause of a few idiots.

SSN721
05-29-2004, 02:04 PM
My problem is that being a split season ticket holder I have a lot of Tuesday games. And yes my tickets are in the bleachers (161) and now I do not receive all the services as other sections. All beause of a few idiots.

Yeah I didnt think about that, I can understand how that sucks that you pay for season tickets and cant get all the services because of other asses that show up on those nights. I guess I just dont see any other solution really unless we all just live with them and do nothing about them. Or getting rid of half price nights altogether, which I would really dislike but would understand.

BeerHandle
05-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by SSN721
Yeah I didnt think about that, I can understand how that sucks that you pay for season tickets and cant get all the services because of other asses that show up on those nights. I guess I just dont see any other solution really unless we all just live with them and do nothing about them. Or getting rid of half price nights altogether, which I would really dislike but would understand.

I never hear of problems on Monday nights. It is amazing that a few idiots start fights and ruin it for everyone.

TDog
05-29-2004, 03:06 PM
I know beer vendors work hard and deserve your tips, but ...

I have no problem with cutting back on the beer selling in the seats. In all the games I went to in Arizona, I never saw a beer vendor. If Bank One Ballpark had beer vendors, they only hit the expensive seats. I have no problem with people who want to drink beer getting out of their seats to do it. I don't remember beer vendors in San Diego either.

Baseball has long understood the connection between beer sales and rowdy behavior. Nickel beer night in Cleveland is the most extreme example. Even in Milwaukee, where a brat seller insulted a friend of mine because he didn't order a beer, they understand this. A former boss told me that he went to a Sox game in Milwaukee some years ago where fans got so rowdy that the stadium cut off all beer sales after the second inning. He blamed Sox fans.

pinwheels3530
05-30-2004, 03:32 AM
I think the White Sox should market these half-price games as family half-price nights to try to draw more of family crowd instead of the rowdy crowds that go now. I should be able to take my 5yr old to the game and sit in the bleachers and not have to worry about a fights, people throwing beer etc...if that means cutting out beer sales in the bleacher completely on these nights, I say go for it. If Fans who drink beer at the game that don't like this policy too bad go to a bar. The Sox need to take control of the situation before something serious happens. Any policy that will help improve the atmosphere on these nights will be gladly welcome.

SaltyPretzel
05-30-2004, 05:19 AM
If you see problems in a partiular section in the ballpark, don't buy tickets there. I agree that you shouldn't have to deal with abnoxious jerks when you bring you child to the game, but be realistic. If it's such a problem, sit somewhere else. I go to about 25 games a year. The only time I see problems are half-price nights and the problems are isolated in the bleachers with drunken 20=year olds who are probably smashed before they even get into the park. If you insist on going on these days, buy tickets in a different section. Otherwise, I think that the park is very family friendly.

Railsplitter
05-30-2004, 08:12 AM
Maybe if people had to actually get up and WALK someplace to get a beer there would be fewer drunks in the stands. Funny, I never heard of any problems with on the monday half price nights. Of course, those are all advance ticket sales and not walk-ups. The Tuesday night games have every fool with an empty Pepsi can in one hand and a few sawbucks in the other coming into the park.

BTW beer is an optional purchase, not a mandatory one.

BeerHandle
05-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
If you see problems in a partiular section in the ballpark, don't buy tickets there. I agree that you shouldn't have to deal with abnoxious jerks when you bring you child to the game, but be realistic. If it's such a problem, sit somewhere else. I go to about 25 games a year. The only time I see problems are half-price nights and the problems are isolated in the bleachers with drunken 20=year olds who are probably smashed before they even get into the park. If you insist on going on these days, buy tickets in a different section. Otherwise, I think that the park is very family friendly.

I understand your point of view; however, I have had split season tickets in section 161 for five years (this being my 5th). You just can't move your season tickets in the middle of a season. I should not be penalized and should have all of the park services available to me.

hsnterprize
05-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
I think the White Sox should market these half-price games as family half-price nights to try to draw more of family crowd instead of the rowdy crowds that go now. I should be able to take my 5yr old to the game and sit in the bleachers and not have to worry about a fights, people throwing beer etc...if that means cutting out beer sales in the bleacher completely on these nights, I say go for it. If Fans who drink beer at the game that don't like this policy too bad go to a bar. The Sox need to take control of the situation before something serious happens. Any policy that will help improve the atmosphere on these nights will be gladly welcome. I agree with that. I have family I have to watch out for when I'd take them to a game. I don't have a problem with people who like to drink beer at a baseball game, but there's something we ALL have to keep in mind.

With as much as we Sox fans cry about bad perceptions, low attendance, and other "negatives" about going to a game, we should remember that the fight situation at the Cell hasn't gotten to national status...and that's a GOOD thing. We get tired of people writing in columns and talking on TV about how "bad" U.S. Cellular Field is because of rowdy fans and such. And although much of that criticism isn't fair or deserved, the last thing we need to do is to give a critics something to criticize. Remember...we Sox fans are supposed to be helping to erase over a decade's worth of bad press about our ballpark. I'll give the Sox their due on this one.

If you want to get drunk while watching a baseball game, at least have enough sense to keep yourself from causing unnessary trouble, like a nationally-broadcasted fight with visiting players(unlike our neighbors to the north a couple of years ago), or at least fighting with those of us who actually want to watch a game with some sense of peace and tranquility. The worst thing is for ESPN to get a hold of tape of fights in the bleachers at U.S. Cellular Field...you know what'll happen next, don't you?

Bottom line...either behave yourselves when you come to a Sox game...or stay out.

BeerHandle
05-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
I agree with that. I have family I have to watch out for when I'd take them to a game. I don't have a problem with people who like to drink beer at a baseball game, but there's something we ALL have to keep in mind.

With as much as we Sox fans cry about bad perceptions, low attendance, and other "negatives" about going to a game, we should remember that the fight situation at the Cell hasn't gotten to national status...and that's a GOOD thing. We get tired of people writing in columns and talking on TV about how "bad" U.S. Cellular Field is because of rowdy fans and such. And although much of that criticism isn't fair or deserved, the last thing we need to do is to give a critics something to criticize. Remember...we Sox fans are supposed to be helping to erase over a decade's worth of bad press about our ballpark. I'll give the Sox their due on this one.

If you want to get drunk while watching a baseball game, at least have enough sense to keep yourself from causing unnessary trouble, like a nationally-broadcasted fight with visiting players(unlike our neighbors to the north a couple of years ago), or at least fighting with those of us who actually want to watch a game with some sense of peace and tranquility. The worst thing is for ESPN to get a hold of tape of fights in the bleachers at U.S. Cellular Field...you know what'll happen next, don't you?

Bottom line...either behave yourselves when you come to a Sox game...or stay out.

Very well said!!!

pinwheels3530
05-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel

I am not the one that is causing problems at the game I should be able to buy tickets for whatever seat I want.

soxruleEP
06-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
What I find interesting is that the beer prices are the same regardless of what night it is. Why would consumption be any different on Monday or Tuesday because it's half price night?

Because it draws a younger, less mature crowd that loses control when overserved.

joeynach
06-01-2004, 09:13 AM

I have said it once and ill say it again beer and half price nigts are not the problem here. The problem is the difference between the price of a full ticket and the price of a half price ticket. The discrepency is so great its creating a change in the fans who can afford to go on certain nigts. The bleachers cost $22 buck, as a working guy right now i cant afford that. But i can afford that same ticket for $11. What if the price of the ticket was $16 everyday. Then you would get a lot more people there consistently, and a much more consistent type of people. The real problem here comes from managment setting the prices way to high for to attract a decent fan base. The prices are so high that a guy comes on tuesday night, but not on wednesday night for the same game at the same time. Not becuase he knows he can save a few bucks, but becuase he knows he cant afford to go any other time. Thats the real problem, the everyday prices, thank you once again Mr. Reinsdorf.

samram
06-01-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
I agree with that. I have family I have to watch out for when I'd take them to a game. I don't have a problem with people who like to drink beer at a baseball game, but there's something we ALL have to keep in mind.

Exactly right. Also, don't blame Cubs fans for fights at USCF. If these fights became a national story, it would be a pretty tough sell to say that it's all Cubs fans' fault. If a Cubs fan feels the need to drunkenly announce all the virtues of Cubdom, just ignore him. Extolling the virtues of the Cubs will only take about ten seconds anyway, and then he will look like the drunken fool he is.

Then, sit back and watch the Sox put up 10 runs on whoever's out there.

joeynach
06-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
I think the White Sox should market these half-price games as family half-price nights to try to draw more of family crowd instead of the rowdy crowds that go now. I should be able to take my 5yr old to the game and sit in the bleachers and not have to worry about a fights, people throwing beer etc...if that means cutting out beer sales in the bleacher completely on these nights, I say go for it. If Fans who drink beer at the game that don't like this policy too bad go to a bar. The Sox need to take control of the situation before something serious happens. Any policy that will help improve the atmosphere on these nights will be gladly welcome.

Actually they are marketing Mondays as family half price nights. I just saw a billboard for this on 294 going up to Ohare yesterday. They call mondays "Family Half Price Day" and tuesday "Pepsi Tuesday". Remeber tuesday's half price day is sponsered so we cant change the name becuase the pepsi co paid fore that naming right. They actually are probably supplemeting the income the sox would have lost by selling tickets at half price. Which is a good way to ensure we have half price days so me and my friends and family can go. Most blue collar working class people need these days to go, even those of us who are younger and maybe paying about 25k per year for an education.

samram
06-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by joeynach
I have said it once and ill say it again beer and half price nigts are not the problem here. The problem is the difference between the price of a full ticket and the price of a half price ticket. The discrepency is so great its creating a change in the fans who can afford to go on certain nigts. The bleachers cost $22 buck, as a working guy right now i cant afford that. But i can afford that same ticket for $11. What if the price of the ticket was $16 everyday. Then you would get a lot more people there consistently, and a much more consistent type of people. The real problem here comes from managment setting the prices way to high for to attract a decent fan base. The prices are so high that a guy comes on tuesday night, but not on wednesday night for the same game at the same time. Not becuase he knows he can save a few bucks, but becuase he knows he cant afford to go any other time. Thats the real problem, the everyday prices, thank you once again Mr. Reinsdorf.

So, the team has to accept bad behavior because they decide to do something nice for fans two nights a week? Furthermore, their marketing research probably indicates that charging $16 won't increase attendance enough to cover fixed costs at that price.

joeynach
06-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by soxruleEP
Because it draws a younger, less mature crowd that loses control when overserved.

Easy man. Im 20 and most of my friends are 20 or 21 and love to go the games. Just becuase we are younger doesn't mean we are there to casue trouble. I take offense to that stereotype. Me and my crew love to go on half price nights becuase its all we can afford. We buy our $11 or $12 outfield seat and have a great time watching the game and eating the great food. We are not there to drink ourselves retarded on a weekday when we are trying to enjoy being at a great stadium and watching a great ballteam on one of the only days where managament hasn't priced us out of the realm of going. Plus this doesn't make sense. Plus who wants to get plastered on $5.50 16 oz beers. That means a good 5 or 6 beers is between 25 and 30 bucks. Thats crazy. And trust me the poor 20 something year old is not looking for that.

misty60481
06-01-2004, 09:45 AM
I remember going to Sox games in mid 50s on Friday night against Yankees we had good teams then and there was more fights than you could count, Sunday was double-header day and it was very peaceful I think it is just the atmosphere when you get that many people together drinking beer even if it is Sunday school picnic there are going to be fights

kittle42
06-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Easy man. Im 20 and most of my friends are 20 or 21 and love to go the games. Just becuase we are younger doesn't mean we are there to casue trouble. I take offense to that stereotype. Me and my crew love to go on half price nights becuase its all we can afford. We buy our $11 or $12 outfield seat and have a great time watching the game and eating the great food. We are not there to drink ourselves retarded on a weekday when we are trying to enjoy being at a great stadium and watching a great ballteam on one of the only days where managament hasn't priced us out of the realm of going. Plus this doesn't make sense. Plus who wants to get plastered on $5.50 16 oz beers. That means a good 5 or 6 beers is between 25 and 30 bucks. Thats crazy. And trust me the poor 20 something year old is not looking for that.

You are right - and there are *plenty* of mid 30s-late 40s guys getting plenty sloshed, especially on the concourse.

skottyj242
06-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Is beer just getting cut off in the bleacher section or in the outfield together? My tickets are lower deck reserve (sec. 158) and if they cut off beer sales in my section I'll raise holy hell. If that's the case I'm sending back all my Tuesday tickets and asking for different games, they make me buy these games and then mid season take a right of mine away, screw them.

BeerHandle
06-01-2004, 10:12 AM

I understand your thought process; however, don't forget that weekend bleacher seats are $26. That is a lot of money to make up.

joeynach
06-01-2004, 11:08 AM
I understand your thought process; however, don't forget that weekend bleacher seats are $26. That is a lot of money to make up.

You have to look at it on the big picture. If the price was $16 and not $26 the hope is that the increase in tickets sold makes up for the loss of revenue due to the reduced price. In addtion the more people are there the more they spend on regular priced items that contribute to income such as parking, beer, food, souvaneirs, and etc. More people = more revenue, directly or indirectly. Lower the price and if you only sell 100 more tickets thats 100 more people who tell 10 people each when they get home how fun of a time they had and how affordable it is and how they will go again. Get my drift. Its called running an agressive business, something the sox are not familiar with.

hsnterprize
06-02-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by misty60481
I remember going to Sox games in mid 50s on Friday night against Yankees we had good teams then and there was more fights than you could count, Sunday was double-header day and it was very peaceful I think it is just the atmosphere when you get that many people together drinking beer even if it is Sunday school picnic there are going to be fights Of course, I'm too young to remember those days, and I appreciate your perspective. Keep this in mind, though. Back in the 50's, the Sox weren't trying to win a PR/image war with the Cubs as far as which team has the better fans. Ballparks back then were for watching baseball, and not for tourism. It was acceptible that fans were going to be hard on the visiting team, and that fans would get rowdy every so often. Nowadays, with 24 hour TV and radio sports coverage, as well as the bad reputation the Sox and Sox fans have garnered over the years (fairly or unfairly), things like fighting in the stands and throwing a beer on an opposing players isn't acceptible anymore.

Sox fans, as well as all sports fans, have to behave a lot better nowadays compared to years ago. There's too much coverage and too little patience for such behavior anymore. Sure...some team's fans have less of a negative stigma to overcome than others. Life's not fair, and neither is the perception of the White Sox. However, I feel we fans must do all we can to try to make the world stop viewing us in such a downtrodden light. We all know there are plenty of rowdy fans at the Urinal. However, since it seems to be so much "fun" to go to a game there, we all know their rowdiness is often excused in the name of having a good time at "beautiful Wrigley Field."

jabrch
06-02-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by skottyj242
I'll raise holy hell. If that's the case I'm sending back all my Tuesday tickets and asking for different games, they make me buy these games and then mid season take a right of mine away, screw them.

You have the right to bear arms
You have the right to remain silent.
You have the right to a beer vendor in the outfield seats?

BeerHandle
06-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by jabrch

You have the right to a beer vendor in the outfield seats?

YES! As a split season ticket holder I do have the right to receive all the services that other sections in the park receive.

my5thbench
06-02-2004, 09:35 AM
welll there you go You & your friend are part of
the problem....maybe you don't need the beer
if you can't handle it & insist on fighting with
someone simply because he's a cub fan

BeerHandle
06-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by my5thbench
welll there you go You & your friend are part of
the problem....maybe you don't need the beer
if you can't handle it & insist on fighting with
someone simply because he's a cub fan

We are not the problem and I will explain why:

1. Never been in a fight at USCF or Comiskey (as a matter of fact, never in my life)
2. Have had split season tickets for fours years
3. Sit in the second row and watch the game, drink beer and eat peanuts.
4. We have a great rapport with all the other season tickets holders that sit with us
5. It is the idiots that come only on 1/2 price night, get bombed and get in fights
6. Near my patio party seats was an idiot Cubs fan. My friend told him to be respectful of the Sox, our fans and the park.

My problem is that I'm penalized for having split season seats in the bleachers. I'm in Row 2 and have to walk up and down to get a beer. PLEASE!

If you don't see my complaint I would be a little concerned.

steff
06-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Is beer just getting cut off in the bleacher section or in the outfield together? My tickets are lower deck reserve (sec. 158) and if they cut off beer sales in my section I'll raise holy hell. If that's the case I'm sending back all my Tuesday tickets and asking for different games, they make me buy these games and then mid season take a right of mine away, screw them.

They aren't cutting of off.. they are just not going to sell it in the seats. So you have to walk up the stairs to the concession - which just happens to be at the top of the stairs.. :whiner: . Go watch a game in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium.. where NO BEER is allowed to be sold or consumed!

Brian26
06-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by steff
Go watch a game in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium.. where NO BEER is allowed to be sold or consumed!

Is that true? I wonder if that came into effect after the years of players getting hit in the head with duracell batteries? Hell, when the Yankees won the World Series in '77 and '78, Reggie had to run into the dugout to get a batting helmet to wear in rightfield, and he was on the HOME team.

steff
06-02-2004, 12:09 PM
YES! As a split season ticket holder I do have the right to receive all the services that other sections in the park receive.

Incorrect. You have the right to the services offered to you in the seat you pay for. Pay for an infield seat.. get a beer vendor :D:

Otherwise walk to 20 steps and deal with it, or call and complain until they stop drinking out there all together on those days.

I would love to see that.

steff
06-02-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Is that true? I wonder if that came into effect after the years of players getting hit in the head with duracell batteries? Hell, when the Yankees won the World Series in '77 and '78, Reggie had to run into the dugout to get a batting helmet to wear in rightfield, and he was on the HOME team.

That is true. Also in the family section at Fenway.. no beer sales or drinking.

Jerko
06-02-2004, 12:13 PM
They aren't cutting of off.. they are just not going to sell it in the seats. So you have to walk up the stairs to the concession - which just happens to be at the top of the stairs.. :whiner: . Go watch a game in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium.. where NO BEER is allowed to be sold or consumed!

I usually go to the beer stands too instead of vendors, it's just colder beer usually. I still think it's a dumb idea though; if people want to gorge themselves on beer they'll ALL go stand in line and order 4 each at the concessions or tailgate longer. It's not like this new "rule" will make people get less drunk IMO.

Brian26
06-02-2004, 12:15 PM
That is true. Also in the family section at Fenway.. no beer sales or drinking.

It's actually not a bad idea at all for people with children.

jabrch
06-02-2004, 12:18 PM
No beer in the family section at Wrigley either.

skottyj242
06-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Incorrect. You have the right to the services offered to you in the seat you pay for. Pay for an infield seat.. get a beer vendor

Exactly, I ALREADY PAID for my seats, why shouldn't I get a beer vendor?

steff
06-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Incorrect. You have the right to the services offered to you in the seat you pay for. Pay for an infield seat.. get a beer vendor

Exactly, I ALREADY PAID for my seats, why shouldn't I get a beer vendor?

Policy changed. I'm sure they would be happy to accomidate a move for you, or allow you to alter your game nights.

There used to be smoking allowed in the building I work in.. now it's not. Not just for the employees who were hired AFTER the policy change.. but for all employees.

Go with the flow.

BeerHandle
06-02-2004, 01:19 PM
:whiner: . Go watch a game in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium.. where NO BEER is allowed to be sold or consumed!

Who cares what they do at Yankee Stadium. The fact is that services provided to me for the past four years are now being taken away.

Is it that hard to see the issue? Obviously I have to deal with it. The Sox won't make special concessions nor do I expect them. It is frustrating that some fans have to be idiots on Tuesday nights (mostly). It also sucks that as a split season ticket holder I have a lot of Tuesday games. Maybe the Sox should put 1/2 price tickets in a specific sections without beer sales.

You also suggested that I should buy infield tickets instead. Well, will you pay for my upgrade or switch split season packages if you have one?

steff
06-02-2004, 03:08 PM
Who cares what they do at Yankee Stadium. The fact is that services provided to me for the past four years are now being taken away.

Is it that hard to see the issue? Obviously I have to deal with it. The Sox won't make special concessions nor do I expect them. It is frustrating that some fans have to be idiots on Tuesday nights (mostly). It also sucks that as a split season ticket holder I have a lot of Tuesday games. Maybe the Sox should put 1/2 price tickets in a specific sections without beer sales.

You also suggested that I should buy infield tickets instead. Well, will you pay for my upgrade or switch split season packages if you have one?

No, I will not. We have FULL SEASON and I don't need anymore tickets, thank you very much. Rather than bitch and moan.. why not ask the Sox if you can trade your Tuesday night tickets?

And yes.. I fail to see the big deal here. Having someone wait on you is a LUXURY that does NOT need to be provided to YOU. I don't see the issue with grabbing a beer on the way back from the bathroom.

ewokpelts
06-02-2004, 04:11 PM
No, I will not. We have FULL SEASON and I don't need anymore tickets, thank you very much. Rather than bitch and moan.. why not ask the Sox if you can trade your Tuesday night tickets?

And yes.. I fail to see the big deal here. Having someone wait on you is a LUXURY that does NOT need to be provided to YOU. I don't see the issue with grabbing a beer on the way back from the bathroom.

Some people need an excuse to bitch....I'm a bleacher st holder..and i have no problem going up the steps to get a beer. If you dont like what they do in the bleachers...dont sit there.
Gene

BeerHandle
06-02-2004, 08:52 PM

The lines on the Concourse will be long and I don't want to miss any of the action.

BeerHandle
06-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Some people need an excuse to bitch....I'm a bleacher st holder..and i have no problem going up the steps to get a beer. If you dont like what they do in the bleachers...dont sit there.
Gene

I will! I have a call into my ticket rep. If it isn't one thing it is another with the Sox organization.

steff
06-02-2004, 08:54 PM
The lines on the Concourse will be long and I don't want to miss any of the action.

Don't drink beer then. :D:

BeerHandle
06-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Gene

I'm going to watch your posts to see if you every bitch! Do you need an excuse?

skottyj242
06-03-2004, 10:01 AM
By the way having people wait on me is NOT a luxury. If I were two sections over I can have a beer guy? That makes no sense.

steff
06-03-2004, 12:04 PM
By the way having people wait on me is NOT a luxury. If I were two sections over I can have a beer guy? That makes no sense.

It's not...?? Where on the ticket does it say that vendor service is included in the price of the ticket?

ewokpelts
06-03-2004, 01:00 PM
I'm going to watch your posts to see if you every bitch! Do you need an excuse?

I dont bitch about beer service. I bitch about variable pricing, and how the organization can/has treated us fans like #$%#$
Gene

ewokpelts
06-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Don't drink beer then. :D:

amen

BeerHandle
06-03-2004, 01:51 PM
amen

It is not worth to discuss this with you or Steff. You obviously don't see my point of view.

You must be WSI's version of Boers & Bernstein. Meaning you always think you are right!

alohafri
06-03-2004, 02:00 PM
BeerHandle,

Try and look at the bright side--if you have to get up and get yourself a beer, that means you'll get more exercise which equals a better body which equals better health. Also, maybe you'll drink LESS beer which means more $$ in your pocket....which means you'll be able to afford seats in a better section next year.

:D:

--Mrs. Aloha

BeerHandle
06-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
BeerHandle,

Try and look at the bright side--if you have to get up and get yourself a beer, that means you'll get more exercise which equals a better body which equals better health. Also, maybe you'll drink LESS beer which means more $$ in your pocket....which means you'll be able to afford seats in a better section next year.

:D:

--Mrs. Aloha

That was great! it put a smile on my face. I will say that I don't go to game to get my exercise. I compete in triathlons. Games are my stress release.

Mahalo,

BeerHandle

ewokpelts
06-03-2004, 03:17 PM
It is not worth to discuss this with you or Steff. You obviously don't see my point of view.

You must be WSI's version of Boers & Bernstein. Meaning you always think you are right!

I dont think I'm right....I AM Right. :D:
Gene

steff
06-03-2004, 03:41 PM

Oh get over yourself. Poor you will have to get up and go get a beer. Boo friggin hoo. And no.. I'm far from always right.. but I have stated my opinion on the matter (I'll toss in there that I think you're lazy if you can't find the strength to walk TWENTY STEPS to get a beer) and if you don't like that.. to damn bad.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Dadawg_77
06-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Oh get over yourself. Poor you will have to get up and go get a beer. Boo friggin hoo. And no.. I'm far from always right.. but I have stated my opinion on the matter (I'll toss in there that I think you're lazy if you can't find the strength to walk TWENTY STEPS to get a beer) and if you don't like that.. to damn bad.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

I don't think his problem is with the 20 feet walk to beer, but the fact then when he purchased his season tickets, he expected the availability of beer vendors. The Sox not meeting this expectation of his, is upsetting since he feels he isn't getting what he is paying for.

I think beer handle and anyone else, should call the Sox and see what they can do, to make up for the loss of service. I would be upset if I was paying full price and being denied a service because of people who are paying half price.

steff
06-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Daddawg... things change. Policies change. I'm sure the Sox are not happy about it either - loss of revenue. But what the hell.. they have to do something. If it deters a fight - which if I'm sitting in those seats I welcome - to have to get up and go get a beer I'm all for that.

I'm sure the Sox would be more than happy to help him find a resolution to his unhappiness. Mikster just had a great experience with the Sox regarding tickets. They are not monsters ya know.

Dadawg_77
06-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Daddawg... things change. Policies change. I'm sure the Sox are not happy about it either - loss of revenue. But what the hell.. they have to do something. If it deters a fight - which if I'm sitting in those seats I welcome - to have to get up and go get a beer I'm all for that.

I'm sure the Sox would be more than happy to help him find a resolution to his unhappiness. Mikster just had a great experience with the Sox regarding tickets. They are not monsters ya know.

Not saying the Sox are monster and policies do change. But I understand where Handle and the Sox are coming from. The Sox are trying to address legitimate problem and he does have a legitimate complaint. He should address to the Sox and not just harp about it here since there is nothing we can do to rectify his situation.

steff
06-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Not saying the Sox are monster and policies do change. But I understand where Handle and the Sox are coming from. The Sox are trying to address legitimate problem and he does have a legitimate complaint. He should address to the Sox and not just harp about it here since there is nothing we can do to rectify his situation.

I agree with that completely... which is why I suggested he contact them 2 pages ago...

TornLabrum
06-03-2004, 06:17 PM

Perhaps if people who came to The Cell behaved as if they grew up in something resembling civilization, policies wouldn't have to be changed. I love how people put the blame in the Sox. "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in the stars. It is in ourselves."

huskie26
06-04-2004, 03:08 AM
In California there are no beer vendors at professional sporting events. You have to go to the concession stand for beer. The story I heard was the Raider fans ruined it for everyone else.

StockdaleForVeep
06-04-2004, 03:40 AM
Perhaps the sox are under pressure from groups to limit chicago obesity so walkin for beer burns calories and makes you a slimmer happier drunk?

What would Bill brasky say to all this

"This game is called on a count of scotch, cuz bill brasky wants a drink!"

Brian26
06-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Boo friggin hoo. And no.. I'm far from always right..

At least you're honest :D: