PDA

View Full Version : TV Today?

Huisj
05-29-2004, 10:57 AM
It says on the sox official website that the game today is on FOX, and that it's a 3 o clock (4 eastern time). However, I don't think I've ever seen a Fox game be shown on a saturday that late in the afternoon, so that sounded a little fishy to me. Then on ESPN's schedule, it has the game today listed as a 6 o clock (7 eastern time) start.

Anyone know what's really going on today? Afternoon or evening? Fox, or only chicago stations?

Cellview22
05-29-2004, 11:01 AM
According to Comcast Cable, which is usually reliable, the game is on Fox (nationally) at 3pm Chicago time.

I wonder if DJ will announce..he's always good on Fox.

TornLabrum
05-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Fox shows two games each week, one for the east and one for the west coast. Anaheim is a west coast team, so this is their noon start. Most likely most eastern cities will get another game.

TheBull19
05-29-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Fox shows two games each week, one for the east and one for the west coast. Anaheim is a west coast team, so this is their noon start. Most likely most eastern cities will get another game.

I'm in Phoenix and we're getting the Cards/Astros I believe.

DSpivack
05-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Phillies-Braves on here in Atlanta. :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

BearSox
05-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Anybody elese here think that Fox broadcasts are a nuisance? It might not be as bad if they choose one game a week and stuck with that game but instead they take like five and its like playing russian roulette trying to get the game you want if you're out of town. I have to watch the darn yankees D Rays again instead of two first place teams in the Sox and Angels. And what makes it even worse is those games are blocked from mlbtv now because supposedly they're nationally televised when really one game is nationally televised and the others are just in the two teams markets. What a load of crap!

DSpivack
05-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
Anybody elese here think that Fox broadcasts are a nuisance? It might not be as bad if they choose one game a week and stuck with that game but instead they take like five and its like playing russian roulette trying to get the game you want if you're out of town. I have to watch the darn yankees D Rays again instead of two first place teams in the Sox and Angels. And what makes it even worse is those games are blocked from mlbtv now because supposedly they're nationally televised when really one game is nationally televised and the others are just in the two teams markets. What a load of crap!

Yup. I got excited the last few days seeing Sox on Fox, then I find out this morning that such is not the case.

Viva Magglio
05-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Who are the Fox announcers working the game today? You know how we always get Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.

BearSox
05-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Fox is very genuine and would never let Chip Carray do a Sox game either......

Viva Magglio
05-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Fox is very genuine and would never let Chip Carray do a Sox game either......

Chip hasn't worked for Fox Sports for a number of years. He still works for FSN, of course, but not the big Fox Sports.

Saracen
05-29-2004, 02:38 PM
We get Three's Company followed by a spell-binding full hour of Taxi starting at 3:00 in Dallas. :D:

BearSox
05-29-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Viva Magglio
Chip hasn't worked for Fox Sports for a number of years. He still works for FSN, of course, but not the big Fox Sports.

I know that but, I do remember him doing a few Sox games when he was one of their weekend broadcasters. What a stupid move.

spongyfungy
05-29-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Cellview22
According to Comcast Cable, which is usually reliable, the game is on Fox (nationally) at 3pm Chicago time.

I wonder if DJ will announce..he's always good on Fox.

First post here. huge lurker.

I too wonder if DJ is doing the game. He's really good working with another partner. He can be chatty and the other guy won't care unlike Hawk's handcuffing silence. Plus he shows off his expertise of the Sox to a bigger audience. You can almost say I'm proud of the guy. It's a home game and it's not the game of the week so I hope DJ is doing this game. It'd be easier to send either Lewin or Kenny Albert to do the game and pair him with DJ.

voodoochile
05-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by spongyfungy

I too wonder if DJ is doing the game. He's really good working with another partner. He can be chatty and the other guy won't care unlike Hawk's handcuffing silence. Plus he shows off his expertise of the Sox to a bigger audience. You can almost say I'm proud of the guy. It's a home game and it's not the game of the week so I hope DJ is doing this game. It'd be easier to send either Lewin or Kenny Albert to do the game and pair him with DJ.

Hey, Welcome Aboard! :D:

Viva Magglio
05-29-2004, 03:38 PM
I know that but, I do remember him doing a few Sox games when he was one of their weekend broadcasters. What a stupid move.

One time, during a White Sox game he broadcast, Chip described the throw on a stolen base play at second by saying "...the second base side of the bag."

WinningUgly!
05-29-2004, 04:35 PM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/WELCOME.JPG

WinningUgly!
05-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Viva Magglio
Who are the Fox announcers working the game today? You know how we always get Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.

Steve Lyons & Thom Brenneman are doing the game.