PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 5/29/04

Hangar18
05-29-2004, 09:45 AM
SOX are Home, Other team on the Road. SOX win ...Dramatically. Other team loses....2wice....Dramatically.
SOX move 2 games into 1st Place. Other teams falls 2 games Back. If we follow the precedent or "rules of engagement"
set by the MEDIA, we would think the SOX to TRIPLE the amount of stories today right? Wrong. The Cub-Loving Media
today keeps the cubs up front and center DESPITE the fact theyre on the road, and the Fact moved 2 games up in 1st place.
Anyone notice how the Rhetoric regarding "The AL Central Division is such a joke, weak division" is heating up on talk-radio?

The Cubune today has the gall (I still counted it as a "SOX" story)
to run an article on how the Angels and Cubs both have rosters RIDDLED with injuries, and how theyre not at Full-Strength. Very Kiley/Murphy-esque in its placement. Cub-Times though,
does GIVE THE SOX THE COVER, which is very important, though the stories were even.

Marty Media says: "The home team usually gets MORE coverage, However We had to give Equal/More coverage to the Cubs because it was a Double-Header they were Playing, and Against a Division Rival"

Cubune:
5 cub stories
4 sox stories

Cub-Times:
3 cub stories
3 sox stories

Despite being at home & being in 1st Place ...........
CUBS 757
SOX 523

Hangar18
05-29-2004, 09:52 AM
If anyone is listening to the radio 670, Rosenbloom on and hes complimenting the SOX. Other teams callers are calling in and very Panicky about the Marlins 1b they got, and the Twins Reliever they got, and the Mets SS they got. the Hosts are making me laugh, theyre telling every cubcaller when they hangup, to "make sure you get those World Series Tickets" "World Series in October" "I'll bet you 2 Wrigley Series tickets in October" " .....You know, when the world series is in Wrigley this year ....."
At first, I thought they were plugging other team, but theyre
sarcastically making fun of the Media Coverage .........Hilarious

Hangar18
05-29-2004, 10:45 AM
Also ............ Still No Maggs Watch

OEO Magglio
05-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Also ............ Still No Maggs Watch
Well hopefully this won't happen but even if Maggs goes on the dl, there still won't be a maggs watch.