PDA

View Full Version : Hats Off To Last Night's Crowd!

BigEdWalsh
05-29-2004, 10:11 AM
I could only listen to the game on the radio and got to work as the 9th started and could only follow the 9th inning on the computer. I never heard the announcement of the crowd and was shocked to see that it was only 21,000 when I saw the final box score.
All the while I listened, the fans were really LIVELY and LOUD. I was sure there was finally a good 30,000+ crowd. So I tip my hat to all you guys that were at the game!
:gulp:
:fans

Hangar18
05-29-2004, 10:30 AM
I was going to mention that. We were watching the game on TV and FOX finally had the Smarts to turn the Crowd Mikes "On" (werent on the nite before) and I swore there was a fullhouse,
but only 21K. I explained to my friend that SOX fans are a very Vocal and Passionate bunch

Cellview22
05-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I agree. Last night's crowd was LOUD as hell and Electric. After the 7th inning, you could barely hear Hawk and DJ over the noise of the crowd unless you turned the volume up. I had the volume way up, and it sounded like a playoffs crowd.

Today's game is on national television (FOX), so I hope we have a huge crowd this afternoon, and hopefully we'll be as loud as last night. We're definitely the noisiest crowd in baseball! :smile:

BigEdWalsh
05-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Cellview22
We're definitely the noisiest crowd in baseball! :smile:

But, let's not get too full of ourselves. We must remember according to Berman we're the worst fans in baseball. :D:

BeerHandle
05-29-2004, 11:44 AM
It was a great crowd. We had over 90 at a patio party and then made our way to our bleacher seats. We were out of control. It was so loud in the bleachers! I loved it!

SSN721
05-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Thank you. I did my best from the 300 level.
:)

SSN721
05-29-2004, 12:15 PM
It was great crowd last night, It really did sound like a full house, I was suprised when everyone really started getting into it. Especially the little kids behind me with some of the most enthusiastic "Charge" calls I have ever heard. :D:

npdempse
05-29-2004, 12:19 PM
I have to admit to being a very BAD baseball fan and leaving a bit disappointed after the Guillen dinger in the eighth to keep my friend's bachelor party on schedule. I thought it was a pretty good crowd while we were there, but when we got outside, we could hear the cheering from blocks away. That crowd was AMPED. Great game, great folks--on a heck of a cold night.

A.T. Money
05-29-2004, 12:33 PM
The crowd gets loud when they put that noise-o-meter on the jumbotron. That's one thing the Sox fans will do. Get loud in spurts.

Lip Man 1
05-29-2004, 12:36 PM
The crowds would be nicer if Chicago finally starting getting some good weather...man it's almost June!

Lip

DSpivack
05-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Today's game is on national television (FOX), so I hope we have a huge crowd this afternoon, and hopefully we'll be as loud as last night. We're definitely the noisiest crowd in baseball! :smile:

When? 4et?

Meixner007
05-29-2004, 01:18 PM
The crowd was wonderful. Everybody was paying attention. Seemed like a lot more people were keeping score around my section. Everybody was timing their bathroom breaks right at the end of each half inning...running up...then running down. Huge roars when the cubs and twins lost. Overall great time.

rdivaldi
05-29-2004, 01:21 PM
I was at the game last night as well and I echo the sentiments on this thread. Last night was a very loud and enthusiastic crowd.

No fights either...

SouthSideHitman
05-29-2004, 01:59 PM
For the first five or so innings last night, it looked like the Sox wouldn't give us a chance to get into the game at all, so starting with Konerko's homer, the crowd was great because they finally had something to really get behind. From that point on, whenever there was a serious scoring threat, everyone in my section in the upper deck was standing and making noise (greatly aided by some loud college guys who had had a few). We tried to make our presence felt as much as possible.

iwannago
05-29-2004, 02:05 PM

Not really national. We get the SOX vs the Mariners out here. :(:

skobabe8
05-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by BigEdWalsh

All the while I listened, the fans were really LIVELY and LOUD. I was sure there was finally a good 30,000+ crowd. So I tip my hat to all you guys that were at the game!
:gulp:
:fans

Thank you, thank you. I'll take a bow. My ears were hurtin a couple of times because of the noise level in section 161..

skobabe8
05-29-2004, 05:40 PM
I'd also like to take a minute to give props to whoever caught the jose guillen hr ball in LF and ignored all the suggestions to throw it back. Well done.

WhteSox725
05-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Maybe Wrigley Field has out of date equipment or something but has anyone else noticed that 15k-20k White Sox fans are louder than 37k Cubs fans?

SoxFan76
05-30-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by WhteSox725
Maybe Wrigley Field has out of date equipment or something but has anyone else noticed that 15k-20k White Sox fans are louder than 37k Cubs fans?

I have noticed that, believe me. The Sox need to take advantages of these things from a PR perspective. Smaller crowds, yet louder. Duh, Sox fans are there to see a baseball game, not ivy.

MRKARNO
05-30-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by WhteSox725

Well I dont think that Cubs fans are really all that quiet when they get up and cheer, but I think we're the loudest fans per person in baseball by a large margin.