Morse: 5 1 1 3 (1 HR, 1 SO)
Bajenaru: 1.2 3 1 1 0 3

Winston-Salem 5, Kinston 3.
Sweeney 4 2 2 0 (1 2B, 1 BB)
Anderson 5 1 4 4 (1 2B)
Rogowski 3 0 1 0 (1 CS, 1 SO, 2 BB)

MRKARNO
05-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Nice to See Anderson and Sweeney playing well together today. Hopefully they'll be doing just that in 3-4 years at the major league level at that level of play.

hose
05-29-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Charlotte 5, Syracuse 4.

Reed: 4 2 2 1 (1 HR, 1 SO)
Borchard: 2 0 1 0 (1 CS, 1 SO)
Nelson: 4 1 2 1 (1 2B, 1 HR)
Diaz: 6 6 3 3 1 6 (W, 7-0)

Jacksonville 6, Birmingham 5.
Morse: 5 1 1 3 (1 HR, 1 SO)
Bajenaru: 1.2 3 1 1 0 3

Winston-Salem 5, Kinston 3.
Sweeney 4 2 2 0 (1 2B, 1 BB)
Anderson 5 1 4 4 (1 2B)
Rogowski 3 0 1 0 (1 CS, 1 SO, 2 BB)

Looking good!!

*Casey Rogowski was All-State in baseball, football, and wrestling. He was the Michigan state heavyweight wrestling champ.

Just think in a couple of years Casey could have Fick tied up like a pretzle if the Sox get in another bench clearing brawl with whatever team Fick is on. :cool:

Rex Hudler
05-29-2004, 01:05 AM
Rogowski has put up real solid numbers. I'd almost rather have him in Birmingham than Martel. I think he has earned his chance there.

Bajenaru proves human blowing a save........

Morse with three HR's in two games coming off a week on the bench with a tender hammy.

hose
05-29-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
Rogowski has put up real solid numbers. I'd almost rather have him in Birmingham than Martel. I think he has earned his chance there.

Bajenaru proves human blowing a save........

Morse with three HR's in two games coming off a week on the bench with a tender hammy.

Rex any talk about Arnie Munoz down in Birhmingham?

I could see him given a real good shot to make the club next spring.

Rex Hudler
05-29-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by hose
Rex any talk about Arnie Munoz down in Birhmingham?

I could see him given a real good shot to make the club next spring.

He's good. He throws 4 pitches for strikes and knows how to pitch. He doesn't get rattled. If he has a bad inning, he usually follows it up with 2-3 quick ones without giving up a hit.

If he were 6-3, 210 he would be in the big leagues right now. But his size hurts him because he is viewed as fragile or not dominating since he doesn't throw 90+.

The jury is still out on whether the Sox will give him a shot to be a starter or if they still see him in a Major League bullpen.

Side Note: He is going for a Southern League record 13th straight win tonight at Jacksonville.

hose
05-29-2004, 10:25 PM
He's good. He throws 4 pitches for strikes and knows how to pitch. He doesn't get rattled. If he has a bad inning, he usually follows it up with 2-3 quick ones without giving up a hit.

If he were 6-3, 210 he would be in the big leagues right now. But his size hurts him because he is viewed as fragile or not dominating since he doesn't throw 90+.

The jury is still out on whether the Sox will give him a shot to be a starter or if they still see him in a Major League bullpen.

Side Note: He is going for a Southern League record 13th straight win tonight at Jacksonville.

If Billy Barty can win 13 in a row I want him on the mound. ...I'm sure he could keep the ball down . :D:

batmanZoSo
05-29-2004, 10:29 PM

Ugh, I hear that same thing about every pitching prospect. And when they get here, they're rattled...big time.

Sorry, nothing aimed at you, just venting.

SoxxoS
05-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Since no teams are willing to deal, I think Munoz is the most likely choice.

On a related note, does this 5th starter search make anyone want to :chunks?

jeremyb1
05-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Since no teams are willing to deal, I think Munoz is the most likely choice.

On a related note, does this 5th starter search make anyone want to :chunks?

Yeah but only because it's not a legitimate search. If we don't have faith to give any of our minor leaguers in the high minors more than one or two starts then clearly we're never going to find anyone. It's a self fullfilling prophecy. Each one of our four good starters has had at least one awful start this season so I don't see why it's completely unacceptable for minor leaguers to. It should be common sense that pitchers aren't flawless over the course of a 35 starts. They have some outstanding starts and some awful ones, it's how many of each that determines the ultimate calliber of the pitcher.

Rex Hudler
05-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Ugh, I hear that same thing about every pitching prospect. And when they get here, they're rattled...big time.

Sorry, nothing aimed at you, just venting.

If you saw Munoz you would know he won't get rattled. Maybe he will get lit up, but the guy looks as if he is barely awake on the mound. Very stoic and unemotional, both on and off the field. Laid back is too strong a term for him. He is not even that excitable.

The Barons radio broadcaster described him tonight as a guy that always looks like he needs a good strong cup of coffee. :)