PDA

View Full Version : Sox Dissed by the Tabloid Again

FarWestChicago
05-28-2004, 11:10 PM
OK, I know I give everybody hell for reading ESPN the Tabloid and getting upset. Well, I was checking the standings and saw that John "Dumbass" Kruk had put out an "all slow" team. Despite knowing better I had to look. I mean Wheels had to be on the list. The man who doesn't require slow motion replays? I mean, c'mon!! Nope, dissed again:

Wheels Slighted (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=kruk/040528)

:walnuts

I wuz robbed!!! :angry:

voodoochile
05-28-2004, 11:33 PM
I just had to move this thread. I mean how many West threads do you honestly get a chance to move? None, that's right, none. So I saw this one and I moved it...

I don't care, it's my birthday. Ban me, go ahead, ban me... :)

:bandance:

FarWestChicago
05-28-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I just had to move this thread. I mean how many West threads do you honestly get a chance to move? None, that's right, none. So I saw this one and I moved it...

I don't care, it's my birthday. Ban me, go ahead, ban me... :)

:bandance: You would mess with me? Banning is too easy. Be afraid, very afraid... :cool:

Michelle
05-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Oh, I can't look.... I'm gonna miss Voodoo :sigh:

voodoochile
05-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
You would mess with me? Banning is too easy. Be afraid, very afraid... :cool:

bring it on, CA-boy... you think I am scared? I eat pencil pushers like you for lunch... I am so not afraid. I am ready willing and able to take this to the next level. You want trouble, you got VC with a capital V and a capital C. i have nothing to fear but fear itself. I will rip off your head and crap down your neck. I am the alpha and the omega. I am that funky snake eating it's own ass. You want a piece of me?

ode to veeck
05-28-2004, 11:42 PM
West started a thread, the sky IS falling OMG!! The Holocaust is upon us!! 35 foot Giant leaches invade all the Northern hempspere!!!

OKOK calm down... maybe West is just trying something different to kill the West Coast Curse and have the Sox win in Oakland when we go next week, seems to pass to biocular pragmatists test = the most obvious thing that hits you square between the eyes may possibly be real

OEO Magglio
05-28-2004, 11:42 PM
bring it on, CA-boy... you think I am scared? I eat pencil pushers like you for lunch... I am so not afraid. I am ready willing and able to take this to the next level. You want trouble, you got VC with a capital V and a capital C. i have nothing to fear but fear itself. I will rip off your head and crap down your neck. I am the alpha and the omega. I am that funky snake eating it's own ass. You want a piece of me?
Oh boy here we go. Daver, are you going to supply the elephant guns?

voodoochile
05-28-2004, 11:43 PM

Crap, this would have been funnier if I could remember JJ35's password...

oh well...
do your worst, West... I got nothing...

But I will go out dancing...

WhiteSox = Life
05-28-2004, 11:44 PM

Remember, ladies and people, that's Chaser Freedom From Hangovers.

:smile:

ode to veeck
05-28-2004, 11:45 PM
take all real weapons away for awhile, we need both west and voodoo around for awhile ... at least until Sox pound Baby Bear Meat in teh WS

FarWestChicago
05-28-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
West started a thread, the sky IS falling OMG!! The Holocaust is upon us!! 35 foot Giant leaches invade all the Northern hempspere!!!It's an outrage!! How can you have an "all slow" team without Wheels? We know we get crapped on for any positive rankings. Now we can't even get a proper bottom ranking. Even I can only take so much media bias. Where's Hangar when you need him?

:)

voodoochile
05-28-2004, 11:46 PM
take all real weapons away for awhile, we need both west and voodoo around for awhile ... at least until Sox pound Baby Bear Meat in teh WS

baby bears in the WS? I thought I was drunk...

FarWestChicago
05-28-2004, 11:47 PM
baby bears in the WS? I thought I was drunk...

:bandance: I think ode's got you there. :cool:

ode to veeck
05-28-2004, 11:48 PM

Voodoo, put ANOTHER bottle on my tab (I will owe big when I get there) ... I think you're already dancing pretty good , if I read correctly through the "bring it on" post (barely through tears of laughter)

voodoochile
05-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Voodoo, put ANOTHER bottle on my tab (I will owe big when I get there) ... I think you're already dancing pretty good , if I read correctly through the "bring it on" post (barely through tears of laughter)

Thanks, Ode... I'll do that, or at least refill the glass with the current open bottle.

Got a kitchen today and some pictures got hung. we might even make 6/7 at this rate. Man, I hope so. I am tired of delays...

ode to veeck
I think ode's got you there

Even when I'm totally sobor the other 0.00016% of my bizarre fantasies that don't involve my wife Wendy have to do with the Sox pounding the Cubs in the WS .... I think its a bizzare aftermath of some really good acid I took decades ago ....

FarWestChicago
Crap, this would have been funnier if I could remember JJ35's password...

oh well...
do your worst, West... I got nothing...

:bandance: This will be your new sig image and I will make it unalterable. :D:

:crossdresser

voodoochile
05-28-2004, 11:53 PM
This will be your new sig image and I will make it unalterable. :D:

:crossdresser

whoa, she's cute ... Hey, baby, got a minute for a southern boy? I own my own business and I don't live in a trailer...

:)

ode to veeck
05-28-2004, 11:56 PM
I think West had an actual point to make in here somewhere, something about Konehead the only unchemically unaltered runner in all of baseballe

West:

"what are you kidding, they experimented on him at Balco with the stuff that worked the WRONG way before they fed it to Barry"

"beisball been berrry berry slow to me, an I ge know respect"

voodoochile
05-29-2004, 12:01 AM
I think West had an actual point to make in here somewhere, something about Konehead the only unchemically unaltered runner in all of baseballe "what are you kidding, they experimented on him at Balco with the stuff that worked the WRONG way!"

"beisball been berrry berry slow to me, an I ge know respect"

yeah, but he put it in the Parking Lot, so all is fair... :o:

How long until an ESPN anchor starts challenging Paulie to a race?

That's olay, Paulie, we understand, some of us more than others. Being slow sucks.

From one slow guy to another, here is my advice: Swing hard in case you hit it. see ball, hit ball. See wall, hit ball over wall.

Then speed isn't such an issue anymore. You did just fine, twice tonight...

ode to veeck
05-29-2004, 12:11 AM
From one slow guy to another, here is my advice: Swing hard in case you hit it. see ball, hit ball. See wall, hit ball over wall (even if it bounces).

Its a good thing his hearing is better than his running, seeing as he heard you soooo clearly on this point all the way from chat tonight, just before he pounded out the weiner.

ode to veeck
05-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Eric Munson (Detroit): Our lone young guy on the list. If he could, Alan Trammell would have Kirk Gibson run the bases for him.

how could one describe walnuts as well?

The Critic
05-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Even I can only take so much media bias. Where's Hangar when you need him? :)

Where's Hangar?? In front of his bank of televisions with a stopwatch to time the coverage of the sCrUBS and Sox and counting the column inches of newspaper coverage ( and the number of words per column, if he has any spare time )!

:D: :D:

TheBull19
05-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Even when I'm totally sobor the other 0.00016% of my bizarre fantasies that don't involve my wife Wendy have to do with the Sox pounding the Cubs in the WS .... I think its a bizzare aftermath of some really good acid I took decades ago ....

Similar to mine, but I'd like to see the Sox when the WS over the Cardinals after the Cubs blow a ten game lead in the last two weeks of the season.