PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie To Miss Saturday's Game

Lip Man 1
05-28-2004, 11:54 PM
Ozzie is flying home for his son's high school graduation. Baines takes over.

Unfortunate timing considering Rauch is trying to seal the gaping hole in the back end of the rotation. It would be better for Ozzie to see how he does himself instead of relying on other's opinions...can't be helped though.

Lip

SEALgep
05-28-2004, 11:57 PM
It's really Cooper he has to impress if it were singled to one person IMO. Would be nice if he were able to be there, but as you said, can't be helped. No matter, he can probably be sent a tape of the game and watch it during the flight home. We'll see, but today's win was big since we stole it IMO and it takes a little pressure off Rauch tomorrow.

idseer
05-28-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Ozzie is flying home for his son's high school graduation. Baines takes over.

Unfortunate timing considering Rauch is trying to seal the gaping hole in the back end of the rotation. It would be better for Ozzie to see how he does himself instead of relying on other's opinions...can't be helped though.

Lip

it'll be ok. once ozzie sees 7 to 0 score he'll know rauch did well.

:smile:

LuvSox
05-29-2004, 12:04 AM
Semi-national tv, no Ozzie, Rauch pitching-----yikes. Is it Dog Day too? This could turn south quick in the Chicago "Media".

ode to veeck
05-29-2004, 12:10 AM
Poll:

(1) even Ozzie can't stand to watch the 5th starter anymore

(2) Ozzie has great values, being with his kid is important and sets good example for rest of Sox

Mike Meyer as Barbara Streisland "vote amongst yourselves"

Thunderstruck30
05-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Baines takes over tomorrow. Does that guy ever talk? Every time I see him he looks bored out of his mind.

Rex Hudler
05-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by idseer
it'll be ok. once ozzie sees 7 to 0 score he'll know rauch did well.

:smile:

Unfortunately, Rauch will then give up 4 runs in the third inning and it will be a ball game again. lol

StockdaleForVeep
05-29-2004, 01:11 AM
We could just forfeit that game and take it as a loss and extra day to rest our starters. Oz wouldnt know the difference

OZ-so how we guys play yesterday?
Harold-eh, 5th starter, usual loss...so for todays game...

FarWestChicago
05-29-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
Unfortunately, Rauch will then give up 4 runs in the third inning and it will be a ball game again. lol Oh great! Another FOLIP...

DSpivack
05-29-2004, 01:18 AM
Did Ozzie manage tonight?

the_valenstache
05-29-2004, 01:58 AM
:jerry

So...yeah...I was just, uh...driving by and all and I heard...well maybe, since Ozzie's gone and all...

:harold

[..........................]

Oh, hey Harold. Didn't see ya there.

I'll just go ahead and give you this lineup card, in case you...you know...might need it.

Haha...you know me...no pressure.

Jjav829
05-29-2004, 02:27 AM
Cool story. Before Ozzie took over as manager he told Reinsdorf that there was one day he knew he wouldn't be able to manage, May 29th, because of his sons graduation. Reinsdorf told Ozzie that that was fine and said that if the Sox were in first place on May 28th, Ozzie could use Reinsdorf's private jet to fly down to Florida for his sons graduation. So once the game ended Ozzie hopped aboard Reinsdorf's plane and is probably in Florida (or in route to) as we speak.

StockdaleForVeep
05-29-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Cool story. Before Ozzie took over as manager he told Reinsdorf that there was one day he knew he wouldn't be able to manage, May 29th, because of his sons graduation. Reinsdorf told Ozzie that that was fine and said that if the Sox were in first place on May 28th, Ozzie could use Reinsdorf's private jet to fly down to Florida for his sons graduation. So once the game ended Ozzie hopped aboard Reinsdorf's plane and is probably in Florida (or in route to) as we speak.

:reinsy
"ACH! I WAS ONLY BEING RHETORICAL OZZIE!!!"

Lip Man 1
05-29-2004, 12:50 PM
The best part according to the Tribune was when Ozzie said "I think Reinsdorf can afford the plane flight."

Now that's funny.

Lip

Viva Magglio
05-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
Poll:

(1) even Ozzie can't stand to watch the 5th starter anymore

(2) Ozzie has great values, being with his kid is important and sets good example for rest of Sox

Mike Meyer as Barbara Streisland "vote amongst yourselves"

That was Mike Meyers as "Linda Richman" in the "Coffee Talk" SNL skits. Hopefully, Rauch won't make us get "verklempt" today.