05-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww, Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Rogue Island represent!!

Haha.

What a game!

Welcome to the World Series folks.

Frater Perdurabo
05-28-2004, 10:38 PM
I hereby apologize to Paul Konerko. I'm sorry I ever doubted you, Paulie. :smile:

MRKARNO
05-28-2004, 10:39 PM
For anyone that that doesnt think this team is the best in the division and a team that can already be competitive in the playoffs I urge them to check again. Only Sox fans could create a Playoff intensity game with 21,000 fans, but they did it tonight and the Sox were up to the task, playing like a playoff team.

HomeFish
05-28-2004, 10:41 PM
CUBS LOSE.
CUBS LOSE.

So nice they did it twice. Somebody send Mackowiac a gift certificate to the best restaurant in Pittsburg. He has set a good example for his newborn son.

WinningUgly!
05-28-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
:)

Paulie!

This was one of those games that you just knew they'd pull out somehow. Even though the Sox squandered several golden scoring opportunities throughout the game, I was never worried. I could just tell this was a game they were going to win.

Me likey! :) :gulp:

MRKARNO
05-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
CUBS LOSE.
CUBS LOSE.

So nice they did it twice. Somebody send Mackowiac a gift certificate to the best restaurant in Pittsburg. He has set a good example for his newborn son.

I bet you that Mackowiak is a Sox fan too. He was born in Oak Lawn and he went to South Suburban Illinois Junior College.

Vernam
05-29-2004, 01:01 AM
Lots of dread replaced late by excitement at the park. My son was at his sixth-ever Sox game, dating to last year, and they'd lost the previous five we'd attended. After so many blown chances tonight, we were prepared for the worst. But Uribe and Paulie came through. Takatsu looked terrific, too.

My reaction when Kennedy went into Uribe at second was "Payback," so it was interesting to hear Hawk (thank Tivo) say it was clearly retribution for Valentin's hard slide.

The replay on Olivo's bonehead running play was inconclusive -- could not tell if Cora told him to go. Anyone at the park who caught it? I bet 99 percent were watching the play at first.

VC