PDA

View Full Version : Twins Lose

OEO Magglio
05-28-2004, 10:25 PM
Great game for the sox tonight and KC beat the Twins 2 to 1 so now the Sox are up in the central by 2 games. :)

MRKARNO
05-28-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Great game for the sox tonight and KC beat the Twins 2 to 1 so now the Sox are up in the central by 2 games. :)

Well the Twins are finally coming back to earth, losing the close games....

MetalliSox
05-28-2004, 10:27 PM
Great games tonight. Got to watch the Cards edge out Houston in 10, KC edge out Minn in the bottom of the 9th, and the Sox W.

There was no clear angle of the KC winner. Graffanino slid head first into first to beat out a play as Berroa scored. Looked like a tie and that goes to the runner.

CubKilla
05-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by MetalliSox
Looked like a tie and that goes to the runner.

There's no such rule but I'll take a MIN loss nonetheless.

hempsox
05-28-2004, 10:32 PM
I was kinda following this game also. Twinks had guys in scoring position a couple of times and Grienke (sp?) was dealing. Hope that we miss his turn in the rotation when we play them or he's a bit tired from the long season cause right now he looks pretty good.

Frank the Tank
05-28-2004, 10:33 PM
Now if the cubs lose the 2nd game of their doubleheader, it will be a perfect baseball day

ndgt10
05-28-2004, 10:41 PM
Cubs lose on walk-off HR by Craig Wilson.

A perfect day. :)

Frank the Tank
05-28-2004, 10:42 PM
May 28, 2004 will go down in history as a perfect baseball day

SoxxoS
05-28-2004, 10:49 PM
I just feel bad for the Twins and all those injuries.

Anyone seen fhwedgas;lkh;asdlkfgads? Obviously replacing Helling with Greisinger isn't that big of a loss...

ChiSox7
05-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I just feel bad for the Twins and all those injuries.

Anyone seen fhwedgas;lkh;asdlkfgads? Obviously replacing Helling with Greisinger isn't that big of a loss...

Seriously. I don't want to hear anything about injuries because the replacements have played better than the starters probably would have with the exception of henry blanco, and he carried them at the beginning of the season.

Skorch
05-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Offensively Lew Ford has been as effective as Stewart, but in the field Ford is still a little green, that'll improve.

Justin Morneau, who shows some real promise at the plate if he could just learn some discipline, is still a liability playing anything other than DH. I cringe every time a ball gets thrown to him. Thankfully he's only played 1B in one game this season, unfortunately it was during last Friday's error-ridden performance against your White Sox.

Alex Prieto isn't the defensive or offensive equal of anybody he's replaced in the infield, which is saying a lot for Luis Rivas. Same goes for Jose Offerman. Michael Cuddyer's getting better at the plate and looks a lot more comfortable playing 2nd than 3rd when Koskie was out. He made a couple of really good defensive plays last night against KC.

Blanco got off to a hot start offensively, but has been pretty much a wasted spot in the lineup since he's cooled off, but he's still pretty solid as a catcher. LeCroy couldn't throw *me* out stealing, but swings the bat pretty well. Mauer is thankfully due back next week some time.

Still, I'm not trying to make excuses for the Twins, because while usually the offense has been ok and the defense is getting better (are the Twins still leading the league in errors?), the starting pitching has, with the exception of Radke, been terrible lately. Helling and Silva were a crapshoot coming into the season as to how they'd do. Silva, until recently, has been good. Helling is struggling in his rehab assignment. Santana and Lohse have been healthy, but aren't nearly as dominant as anyone thought they should be.

Injuries have been a thorn in the Twins side, but really it's been the starting pitching that's let them down the most in this recent slide.