PDA

View Full Version : Getting thumbed out

Railsplitter
05-28-2004, 09:33 PM
I haven't seen every inning of every game, but I don't think Ozzie has been thrown out any games, I remember lots of criticism of Manuel not taking on umps. Apparently he heard it becuase he started taking on umps to the point where it seemed like he was arguing every minor call that went against the Sox.

Considering the rolling block break-up of a duble play tonight, it is interesting that Ozzie has been mellow toward ump.

WLL1855
05-28-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
I haven't seen every inning of every game, but I don't think Ozzie has been thrown out any games, I remember lots of criticism of Manuel not taking on umps. Apparently he heard it because he started taking on umps to the point where it seemed like he was arguing every minor call that went against the Sox.

Considering the rolling block break-up of a double play tonight, it is interesting that Ozzie has been mellow toward ump.

I'm surprised about this as well with Ozzie being a fiery spirit and all. I figured he'd be good for an ejection a month going in the season. Looks like I'm wrong.

As an aside, Harold is taking the managing reins tomorrow. It will never happen, but what are the Vegas odds of Harold taking an ump to task for a bad call tomorrow. Thousand to one?

daveeym
05-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by WLL1855
I'm surprised about this as well with Ozzie being a fiery spirit and all. I figured he'd be good for an ejection a month going in the season. Looks like I'm wrong.

As an aside, Harold is taking the managing reins tomorrow. It will never happen, but what are the Vegas odds of Harold taking an ump to task for a bad call tomorrow. Thousand to one?
Harold would get run out before ozzie. The reason is just flat out that we haven't had any contentious situations come up yet. Ozzie played the game hard and (this isn't to you wll) but there hasn't been a real reason for him to go off yet, the teams either dominated or been dominated so far. not too many questionable calls have occured that should have been argued IMO.