PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim hotel in Chicago?

Fenway
05-28-2004, 07:58 PM
David Eckstein is leaving me tickets for Sunday's game and I am supposed to pick them up at the Anaheim hotel and I left the letter he sent to me back in Boston....anybody know off hand where they stay in Chicago?

Thanks

CubKilla
05-28-2004, 08:03 PM
My guess is it would be one of three. Either the Hyatt, Palmer House, or Chicago Hilton. They're all 5 star if memory serves correct.

MRKARNO
05-28-2004, 08:09 PM
I think a good deal of teams stay at the Westin on Michigan right next to the hancock

Daver
05-28-2004, 08:10 PM
The Hilton is closest to Comiskey, I would check there first.

whitesoxwilkes
05-28-2004, 08:15 PM
Media guide says it's the Westin Chicago...but I know some teams mix it up.

Fenway
05-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Thanks to all

I have been stuck in Chicago for the past 2 weeks with an infection that landed me in the hospital and and finally getting back to speed. I have posted some pics of Chicago I took with my cell phone mostly from the "North Side" so far, but I promise to make up for that when I visit the new improved "Cell". I am looking forward to it

http://redsoxnation.net/index.php?showtopic=5165

MetalliSox
05-28-2004, 10:25 PM
Name dropper!

j'k

SoxxoS
05-28-2004, 10:27 PM
:weewillie

"I'm just looking for the women. Actually, the women find me. I'm a major league ballplayer, man!"

Fenway
05-28-2004, 11:08 PM
David Eckstein befriended my then 5 year old son at Lowell in 1997 (Single A NYPenn) and 2 years later when he was at Trenton (AA) he spent a full half hour with him after a game in Portland, Maine. He still writes to my son who is now 12.
The man is a class act.

Dan Duquette really screwed up letting him get away for nothing.

Originally posted by MetalliSox
Name dropper!

j'k

dickallen15
05-28-2004, 11:14 PM
All MLB teams stay at the Westin on Michigan Ave. across from the Hancock.

MRKARNO
05-28-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
All MLB teams stay at the Westin on Michigan Ave. across from the Hancock.

That's what I thought. I bet a lot of teams cross paths all the time when the Sox and Cubs both have home games.

Rex Hudler
05-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Typically the road hotels for both the Cubs and Sox is the Westin on Michigan Ave. I have stayed there a few times and the road teams were always there.

ode to veeck
05-28-2004, 11:32 PM
No matter how many movie scenes they shoot at the old conrad hilton, its a pits of a hotel for similar $ vs stuff further north on Michigan, unless they spent $100M+ on renovations somtime in last 15 years, plus where would you rather be ?: south loop, or streeterville ...ballplayers, even from LALA land are smarter than that

Rex Hudler
05-28-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
That's what I thought. I bet a lot of teams cross paths all the time when the Sox and Cubs both have home games.

I know both the Phillies and the Red Sox were there at the same time a few years ago.

The cool thing is, it is not terribly difficult to get a room there on a weeekend for about $60-$65 a night through Priceline. I have gotten lucky enough to stay there twice going that route.

steff
05-29-2004, 06:47 AM
It's the Westin.. but fenway, you might want to confirm the ticket pick-up location. If he's leaving F&F tickets for you they have to be picked up at gate 4 window 10. They don't even print those until the teams turn in their final requests which are due by noon on Sunday's. He may have gotten a different way.. but I would definitely confirm before Sunday.

Fenway
05-29-2004, 07:41 AM
Thanks for all the info. He told me he has something for my son which is why it was the hotel. Thank you all again. Can't wait to see the new improved "Cell"

Originally posted by steff
It's the Westin.. but fenway, you might want to confirm the ticket pick-up location. If he's leaving F&F tickets for you they have to be picked up at gate 4 window 10. They don't even print those until the teams turn in their final requests which are due by noon on Sunday's. He may have gotten a different way.. but I would definitely confirm before Sunday.

steff
05-29-2004, 07:55 AM
No problem fenway. You're gonna love the park. And it's going to be a great day weatherwise. Can't wait to get down there myself...

Have fun!!

PaleHoseGeorge
05-29-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
No matter how many movie scenes they shoot at the old conrad hilton, its a pits of a hotel for similar $ vs stuff further north on Michigan, unless they spent $100M+ on renovations somtime in last 15 years, plus where would you rather be ?: south loop, or streeterville ...ballplayers, even from LALA land are smarter than that

LOL! That's EXACTLY the kind of renovation the Hilton chain put into the old Conrad Hilton. It hasn't been called by that name in over 10 years, now known as Hilton Towers. They didn't spend $100 million, but I believe it was touted as the most expensive and extensive renovation of an existing hotel property ever completed.

The old hotel of the late-80's was pretty thread bare, like most others on S. Michigan. The new one is quite glitzy and compares nicely with practically anything on N. Michigan. It's a popular choice with Chicago's enormous convention crowd, too.

Now the Palmer House on the other hand...

TheBull19
05-29-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by fenway
David Eckstein is leaving me tickets for Sunday's game and I am supposed to pick them up at the Anaheim hotel and I left the letter he sent to me back in Boston....anybody know off hand where they stay in Chicago?

Thanks

He's leaving you tickets but didn't tell you where he was staying or how to get the tickets and you don't know how to get a hold of him so you ask on a sox fan site to find out? Hmmm, likely story.

ode to veeck
06-01-2004, 10:25 AM
They didn't spend $100 million, but I believe it was touted as the most expensive and extensive renovation of an existing hotel property ever completed.

Hmmmm .... didn't know about that ... personally, I'd still prefer to be north of the river when I'm in town, lots more stuff within walking distance in the evening hours.