PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticketholders As Opposed to Walk Ups

joecrede
05-28-2004, 01:46 PM
I read in another thread that someone took some exception to Upper Deck season ticketholders being able to access the lower deck.

Should Season ticketholders receive more perks not available to walk ups?

I'm not a season ticketholder FWIW, but the Sox should do everything possible to make sure these people renew.

One idea would be to offer discounts to single game tickets say in the UD to season ticketholders. The percentage of discount should be tied to how long you've had your tickets.

Just one idea.

skottyj242
05-28-2004, 02:03 PM
I have to pay full price on Mondays and Tuesday's.

Palehose13
05-28-2004, 02:06 PM
I am not a season ticket holder either. Maybe someday soon I can afford it! but yes, I definitely think they should get perks and lots of them. They help the team by blindly committing to go to games (as opposed to walk-ups which depend on the quality of the team, weather, etc.) therefore giving the Sox guaranteed revenue. And if there were even more prks for season ticket holders, maybe more people will buy them! Like I said, my lack of season tickets is because of cash...but I hope to be a season ticket holder soon!

jackbrohamer
05-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Of course. What business doesn't value customers who give the most business?

joecrede
05-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
Of course. What business doesn't value customers who give the most business?

Exactly. I'm not upset that UD ST holders get access to the lower deck.

CubKiller
05-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Is it an actual policy that, if you're a upper deck season ticket holder, you may access the lower deck/concourse at any time before and during the game?

Or is it hit-or-miss depending on particular days, ushers, etc.?

I'd like to know for sure, because I would actually consider an UD season ticket package if I knew FOR SURE that I wouldn't be trapped up in the upper deck before and during every game.

I'd be thankful for any information that anyone might provide.

dickallen15
05-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by CubKiller
Is it an actual policy that, if you're a upper deck season ticket holder, you may access the lower deck/concourse at any time before and during the game?

Or is it hit-or-miss depending on particular days, ushers, etc.?

I'd like to know for sure, because I would actually consider an UD season ticket package if I knew FOR SURE that I wouldn't be trapped up in the upper deck before and during every game.

I'd be thankful for any information that anyone might provide.

It is the policy. If you have the season tickets security will let you through in the lower level.

GoSox2K3
05-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Season ticketsholders and walk ups only cover a portion of the fans in attendance. What about fans who buy their tickets a few weeks in advance of a game or fans participating in the 9 game plan? They don't fit into either category.

Palehose13
05-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by GoSox2K3
Season ticketsholders and walk ups only cover a portion of the fans in attendance. What about fans who buy their tickets a few weeks in advance of a game or fans participating in the 9 game plan? They don't fit into either category.

LOL...that's me!

jackbrohamer
05-28-2004, 03:27 PM
I think the policy of not allowing UD ticket holders not to enter the LD is a scam to get people to buy more expensive seats, rather than any meaningful form of crowd control.

steff
05-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Killa.. that's policy.

And joecrede.. ST holders do get discounted tickets.

bennyw41
05-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Its strange, cause the Bulls are very good at offereing their season ticket holders perks and benifits...you would think it would transcend the Bulls/Whitesox connection.

steff
05-28-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
Its strange, cause the Bulls are very good at offereing their season ticket holders perks and benifits...you would think it would transcend the Bulls/Whitesox connection.

Why..? One is a basketball team.. the other is a baseball team. They have nothing to do with eachother other than being in the same town. And before you say.. "they have the same owner".. check JR's holding % of the Sox...

ewokpelts
05-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by steff
Why..? One is a basketball team.. the other is a baseball team. They have nothing to do with eachother other than being in the same town. And before you say.. "they have the same owner".. check JR's holding % of the Sox...
I think he's referring to the perks. As a bulls ticketholder, i got pretty much all the promo items in mass mailings, got to be in the "inflatabull" race, and get free tix to the ascrimmage. Oh, and I got a nice gym bag that i'm guessing went only to st holders. The sox do take care of us st holders, but the bulls really shoved stuff in my mailbox.
Gene

pinwheels3530
05-28-2004, 04:38 PM
I am a UD season ticket holder who gets to walk the LD or go out to the fan deck. I also sit right behind home plate so I get great views of the game. Being able to go down stairs was one of the reason I renewed it's a great perk, but I still watch most of the games from upstairs. The split season package in the premium box seats was a great deal so i decided to move my tickets up there.

joecrede
05-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Killa.. that's policy.

And joecrede.. ST holders do get discounted tickets.

Do they get the option to buy additional tickets at discounted prices?

pinwheels3530
05-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by joecrede

We have the option to buy additional tickets but not a discounted prices :(: They do give us first choice on SOX/cubs tickets (winning teams name first)and concerts at us cellur like the Rolling Stone concert a couple of years ago.

steff
05-28-2004, 05:19 PM

Yep.

steff
05-28-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
We have the option to buy additional tickets but not a discounted prices :(: They do give us first choice on SOX/cubs tickets (winning teams name first)and concerts at us cellur like the Rolling Stone concert a couple of years ago.

Hu..? We bought extras for opening day and the Cub/Sox games and they were at the discounted price. Are you full season? I can't imagine that's why though. :?:

steff
05-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
I think he's referring to the perks. As a bulls ticketholder, i got pretty much all the promo items in mass mailings, got to be in the "inflatabull" race, and get free tix to the ascrimmage. Oh, and I got a nice gym bag that i'm guessing went only to st holders. The sox do take care of us st holders, but the bulls really shoved stuff in my mailbox.
Gene

I agree. When we moved I found Bulls promo crap from 5+ years ago. But I also have no complaints as to what the Sox do for us.

pinwheels3530
05-28-2004, 05:29 PM
Hu..? We bought extras for opening day and the Cub/Sox games and they were at the discounted price. Are you full season? I can't imagine that's why though. :?:

Split season ticket holder and I paid full price for opening day which wasn't in my package.

joecrede
05-28-2004, 05:31 PM

I had a partial plan a couple of years ago and while I had the option to purchase Stones and additional Sox/Cubs tix ,all additional games were offered at full price

steff
05-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Split season ticket holder and I paid full price for opening day which wasn't in my package.

Hmmm.. maybe that's the reason. :?:

I'm gonna double check though. I'm almost positive that OD tickets were discounted.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-28-2004, 05:47 PM

Hu..? We bought extras for opening day and the Cub/Sox games and they were at the discounted price. Are you full season? I can't imagine that's why though.

I had a partial plan a couple of years ago and while I had the option to purchase Stones and additional Sox/Cubs tix ,all additional games were offered at full price

Thank you, both of you, for offering this fascinating insight into why the Sox have season ticket issues. We all agree the Sox need more season ticketholders, and yet here we have two of them comparing notes and not even you guys can figure out what you get for being season ticketholders from the Sox.

The people who run Sox Marketing are ****ing idiots.

How on earth do they expect simple fans -- forget about casual nobodies -- to be induced to invest in these plans when all the perks and real value is hidden? Meanwhile they'll go on the air at 9 pm every Monday and Tuesday night and crow about everyone who got in for half-price for having walked up to the gate the day of the game, some toting an empty can of soda in their hand.

I am speechless at the stupidity of it all. I have absolutely no sympathy for this organization and the imbeciles employed there. My only regret is that Sox Fans get tarnished for being unsupportive when in fact they are only following rational behavior the stupid Sox Marketing department led them to with their bass ackwards way of doing business.

The Sox need to do more to create a season ticket base. Based on this thread, they need to start by creating a sales brochure that explains why owning season tickets is a bargain Sox Fans want to be part of.

My God... I have to do their ****ing jobs for them. Every last one of them ought to be fired. This is gross incompetence!

:angry:

steff
05-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Eh.. George.. pull the BVD's out of your rear. :D:

They are right. The OD and Cub series tickets were not reduced.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-28-2004, 05:52 PM
Eh.. George.. pull the BVD's out of your rear. :D:

Hanes, dammit! Hanes!

:)

soxwon
05-28-2004, 05:58 PM
im an UD season ticket holder(1 seat)
i sometimes buy a ticket for my wife in the lower deck, when we go in together to the lower deck, no questions ever asked.
i sit with her in the left field stands.
another great thing about season tix is if you dont go to a game or two, you are supplied a list of games during the season, you send in your un used tix and pick a game, they send you back upper deck seats for that game.
thats excellent

pinwheels3530
05-28-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Thank you, both of you, for offering this fascinating insight into why the Sox have season ticket issues. We all agree the Sox need more season ticketholders, and yet here we have two of them comparing notes and not even you guys can figure out what you get for being season ticketholders from the Sox.

The people who run Sox Marketing are ****ing idiots.

How on earth do they expect simple fans -- forget about casual nobodies -- to be induced to invest in these plans when all the perks and real value is hidden? Meanwhile they'll go on the air at 9 pm every Monday and Tuesday night and crow about everyone who got in for half-price for having walked up to the gate the day of the game, some toting an empty can of soda in their hand.

I am speechless at the stupidity of it all. I have absolutely no sympathy for this organization and the imbeciles employed there. My only regret is that Sox Fans get tarnished for being unsupportive when in fact they are only following rational behavior the stupid Sox Marketing department led them to with their bass ackwards way of doing business.

The Sox need to do more to create a season ticket base. Based on this thread, they need to start by creating a sales brochure that explains why owning season tickets is a bargain Sox Fans want to be part of.

My God... I have to do their ****ing jobs for them. Every last one of them ought to be fired. This is gross incompetence!

:angry: [/B][/QUOTE]

What other ideas's and marketing strategies do you suggest George?

PaleHoseGeorge
05-28-2004, 06:39 PM
What other ideas's and marketing strategies do you suggest George?

Ideas besides the sales brochure I already mentioned that even season ticketholders can understand what their buying? More ideas than that? That's the single-most obvious one, and one just as obviously Sox Marketing can't figure out for themselves. I've got plenty of ideas and I use them to put food on my family's table. Other people pay me to answer your question. Sorry.

The Sox want to hire me, they know where I can be reached. I'm not offering freebies to anyone. WSI blows the doors off their site, something that ought to give the Sox brass reason for pause, but probably doesn't for reasons I'm sure we both know too well. Meanwhile I've got credentials that back up my assertions, and that's all I'm saying.