PDA

View Full Version : Good article on Sox Pitching mechanics...

Randar68
05-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Good Cubune article on some of the mechanical benefits the Sox starters (healthy) have over Cubs starters (injuries)

This was discussed here and in the Parking Lot a couple days ago, so, as usual, the article looks a little like a summary of our discussion with a couple of Cooper quotes thrown in... :D:

Cubune Article on pitching mechanics (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040527soxside,1,7869218.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

Tekijawa
05-28-2004, 11:52 AM
I rememebr they had a whole two page article on how Priors Mechanic's were "perfect" and that he would probably never be injurred because of this... hope nothing happens to our guys now!

bobj4400
05-28-2004, 11:57 AM
I dont like all this talk about how healthy our guys have been. It is still only May and I am worried we are jinxing ourselves!!

Randar68
05-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I rememebr they had a whole two page article on how Priors Mechanic's were "perfect" and that he would probably never be injurred because of this... hope nothing happens to our guys now!

Well, if they're talking "never", that's impossible to say from mechanics.

1) Fatigue plays a big factor
2) Abdominal, knee, back, foot, etc injuries are impossible to predict and often begin with some fluke injury, many times not baseball-related
3) Everybody has different genetics and the risk-factors and structural genetic differences in those lend some people to be more prone to injuries than others.

Perfect mechics are easier to analyze than those issues, but to say someone is lower risk, is one thing, to say the mechanics will prevent him from being injured in some kind of deterministic way is stupid.