PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie on Uribe

jabrch
05-28-2004, 11:05 AM
:ozzie
"Itellyouwha - dees keed is going to be in da lineup every day. He ees going to be my 2B, and play SS when balenteeen needs a day off. But he will beee in da lineup even eef he is behind da plate!"

Great Call Ozzie. Uribe MUST be in the lineup every day with the way he is hitting. Sucks for Harris and Rowand - who also deserve to play right now. Sucks for Timo who should see a game every now and then. Might mean benching Valentin more - or benching Crede every now and then, but I don't see how you can keep da keed out of the lineup.

Palehose13
05-28-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by jabrch

"dees keed is going to be in da lineup every day. He ees going to be my 2B, and play SS when balenteeen needs a day off. But he will beee in da lineup even eef he is behind da plate!"

Great Call Ozzie. Uribe MUST be in the lineup every day with the way he is hitting. Sucks for Harris and Rowand - who also deserve to play right now. Sucks for Timo who should see a game every now and then. Might mean benching Valentin more - or benching Crede every now and then, but I don't see how you can keep da keed out of the lineup.

You forgot to start the quote with "I'll tell you what..." :D:

Great news!!!

OEO Magglio
05-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Willie and Uribe must be in the lineup everday. I want to see Willie get some ab's against left handed pitching I know he hasn't done well off them so far but really hasn't had a fair chance. The sox offense is much different when wille and juan are at the top of the lineup.

SSPinStripes
05-28-2004, 11:12 AM
Ozzie talks like Ren from Ren and Stimpy.

WhteSox725
05-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Willie and Uribe must be in the lineup everday. I want to see Willie get some ab's against left handed pitching I know he hasn't done well off them so far but really hasn't had a fair chance. The sox offense is much different when wille and juan are at the top of the lineup.

I agree. Get Valentin out of there. All he does is try to swing for home runs. He was a waste of 5 Mil in my opinion.

CHISOXFAN13
05-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by WhteSox725
I agree. Get Valentin out of there. All he does is try to swing for home runs. He was a waste of 5 Mil in my opinion.

I agree with keeping Harris and Uribe in the lineup, but have to disagree here.

He is one of the only left-handed sticks we have, and to boot, is a 25-30 homer guy from the shortstop position. That's pretty valuable.

Crede better start hitting or it will be his spot to lose to Juan.

DaveIsHere
05-28-2004, 11:19 AM

"Uribe is good and good is Uribe!!"

batmanZoSo
05-28-2004, 11:20 AM
"dees keed is going to be in da lineup every day. He ees going to be my 2B, and play SS when balenteeen needs a day off. But he will beee in da lineup even eef he is behind da plate!"

Ye-es! After much deliberation and evaluation and a .398 on-base percentage, we've come to the conclusion that Uribe can play.

bennyw41
05-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by SSPinStripes
Ozzie talks like Ren from Ren and Stimpy.

More like Tony Montana

thecell
05-28-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41
More like Tony Montana

Uribe will bury you like a cock-a-roach!

idseer
05-28-2004, 11:26 AM
it bugs me when people mimic accents.

tell me ...... how many languages do YOU speak?

White_Sock
05-28-2004, 11:51 AM

Dees eez just how I type mang.

34 Inch Stick
05-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by idseer

I tried 2 with moderate success. However, I did not live in those country's (only 1 country because the languages were Latin and Italian) for 20 years. I was not paid a boatload of money (by that country's standards) to work in a position that demands fluency.

Send me to Italy for 20 years as the CEO of Ferrari and pay me millions of dollars and I promise you I will be further along than "Io mi chiamo."

I do agree with your point for new immigrants and those who have to work 16 hour days at minimum wage. Not a lot of free time in those situations.

thecell
05-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by White_Sock
Dees eez just how I type mang.

post of the week! i can't stop laughing!!

:)

Randar68
05-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere

"Uribe is good and good is Uribe!!"

*****! Well done.

jabrch
05-28-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by idseer

Only 2 fluently - 2 more that I speak bits and pieces of. And all with a hideous accent that gets mocked every time I speak with my European/Latin American friends.

jabrch
05-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
You forgot to start the quote with "I'll tell you what..." :D:

Great news!!!

It's actually not I'll tell you what - it is "itellyouwha" - and you are right - I added it in.

Palehose13
05-28-2004, 12:18 PM
It's actually not I'll tell you what - it is "itellyouwha" - and you are right - I added it in.

You know, when I wrote that post I hadn't heard what he said. Then I just heard it and he did say it...good guess on my part, eh? :D:

Etownsox13
05-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Once Uribe has a few 0-fors then everyone will be clammoring for Jose again.

Randar68
05-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Etownsox13
Once Uribe has a few 0-fors then everyone will be clammoring for Jose again.

yes, because Jose never goes 0-for or strikes out on 3 pitches. Not only that, but Jose absolutely KILLS lefties...

FarWestChicago
05-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
yes, because Jose never goes 0-for or strikes out on 3 pitches. Not only that, but Jose absolutely KILLS lefties... You missed the guy's point completely, Randar. Surely you've noticed the windsocks around here who turn on players after one at bat/inning, much less one game. :smile:

Randar68
05-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
You missed the guy's point completely, Randar. Surely you've noticed the windsocks around here who turn on players after one at bat/inning, much less one game. :smile:

Of course I noticed, and don't call me Shirley. :D:

FarWestChicago
05-28-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Of course I noticed, and don't call me Shirley. :D: Sorry about that. :smile: