PDA

View Full Version : New Introductions Last Night

Fisk Fan
05-28-2004, 08:22 AM
Did anyone notice the "new" way the Sox went on to the field last night. They used to enter the field as a team, all at the same time, but last night every player was announced and ran on to the field individually. I think Buehrle was first, Sandy was second and then the infield and outfield. Thoughts?

BTW, the dollar dogs are killing my stomach today........

Fisk Fan
05-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that they blew off fireworks after everyone was introduced, before the start of the game. Kind of cheesy, I thought.

Railsplitter
05-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that they blew off fireworks after everyone was introduced, before the start of the game. Kind of cheesy, I thought.

Sounds a bit cheesy to me too. I remember back in the 70's, the Twins would take thier positions as they were announced in the batting order. Apparently, the DH must have gone to the home plate area and tipped his cap.

SOXSINCE'70
05-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
Did anyone notice the "new" way the Sox went on to the field last night. They used to enter the field as a team, all at the same time, but last night every player was announced and ran on to the field individually. I think Buehrle was first, Sandy was second and then the infield and outfield. Thoughts?

BTW, the dollar dogs are killing my stomach today........

I'm not a fan.BTW,the kosher dogs do damage to me.I've been sick each Monday after a weekend homestand (weekend season ticket holder).Gotta watch what I eat.That's too hard at this park.I'm a sucker for Sportschip oatmeal raisin cookies. :)

Clarkowski
05-28-2004, 12:04 PM
The new introductions were alright, they got me more pumped up than usual, but they went on for too long. Scrap the fireworks, take up less time announcing the players, but keep the upbeat music.

Also, I noticed they had stats of batters on the upper deck banner signs. I had been to 6 games before Thursday and hadn't noticed that, so maybe that's a new change as well. I like it since 90% of the time the "scoreboard" is filled with messages and ads.

jackbrohamer
05-28-2004, 12:10 PM
I never get to the park in time for the first pitch so I've missed the new intros. They blow off fireworks so I can see how late I am getting there.

At the end of games, they now invite fans to stay and watch the Ozzie post-game press conference.

jabrch
05-28-2004, 12:13 PM
I like the new Intros. The fans get into it - and it puts the focus on the field for the intros. This is clearly something Brooks brought from Madison St. I like it - I really do.

HURT35
05-28-2004, 12:16 PM
I like it as well. Didnt think that I would but it comes off well live. It should be electric when the place is packed.

Palehose13
05-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
At the end of games, they now invite fans to stay and watch the Ozzie post-game press conference.

That is way cool!

HomeFish
05-28-2004, 12:26 PM
They've been doing the intros that way since the start of the Twins series.

Personally, I like it. I find that it gets the crowd energized before the game. I'll admit, however, that when the Sox lose it seems kind of tacky.

eshunn2001
05-28-2004, 12:56 PM
They do the same thing in Anaheim (where I live) It seems to even get the fairweather fans into the game. I am all for it, if it brings more attention to the game.

steff
05-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
That is way cool!

Very. Wednesday was the first night. I like the intro's for the most part. But I draw the line if an inflated baseball is seen roaming the park dropping t-shirts. :D:

Palehose13
05-28-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by steff
Very. Wednesday was the first night. I like the intro's for the most part. But I draw the line if an inflated baseball is seen roaming the park dropping t-shirts. :D:

LOL! Usually I find myself at the BPB in the later innings. Are the patrons in the BPB able to see or hear the conference also?

steff
05-28-2004, 01:14 PM
LOL! Usually I find myself at the BPB in the later innings. Are the patrons in the BPB able to see or hear the conference also?

I'm sure they play it on the tv's in there.

Palehose13
05-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by steff
I'm sure they play it on the tv's in there.

:D:

But if you're wrong, you're in trouble!

steff
05-28-2004, 01:20 PM
:D:

But if you're wrong, you're in trouble!

Yea... 60 lashes with a wet noodle. :D:

longshot7
05-28-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by eshunn2001
They do the same thing in Anaheim (where I live) It seems to even get the fairweather fans into the game. I am all for it, if it brings more attention to the game.

No they don't. The players are announced separately in their batting order, but they take the field at the same time.

steff
05-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by longshot7
No they don't. The players are announced separately in their batting order, but they take the field at the same time.

Really..? I thought Chisoxfn, who also lives in California, said they did it that way also.. :?: