PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts

soxwon
05-28-2004, 12:57 AM
i am the eternal optomist.
i went to thursdays game with wsoxmike59
i beelieve in all my heart and baseball knowledge
we are witnessing a rare season, for us.
i predict by seasons end, we will be the best team in american league
(NO TEAL NEEDED)

i predict we will capture the hearts of america
but still be second fave in chicago!!!

i see a brilliant future (this year), we are a warm weather team, we have just begun to hit. and win
what was the last great start we had after 2 months, we have 27 wins on the 27th of may, 3 games to go , i see 29 wins at months end.

dont say im drunk, im not.
im high on the white sox, this is a special team.
dont mess too much with it.

da reverand

kojak
05-28-2004, 01:04 AM
I see it too, Rev.

I normally would take this moment to lament the fact that I am not in Chicago to savour this very special season, but from what I read on this incredibly informative forum, I'm not missing much in the way of local media coverage.

So, I guess I will just enjoy this from my Bay view seat.

However, I will be in Chicago from October 1-6, which means I will be able to experience first hand the first playoff game of this magical year.

If anyone has an extra ticket to game 1 of the ALDS against Boston on the 5th, please email me immediately! :D:

chisox06
05-28-2004, 01:04 AM
I love your predictions, and if those become true its party time for WSI.

HomeFish
05-28-2004, 01:10 AM
Your optimism is premature.

If the Sox can win against the Angels and then again on the AL West roadtrip, THEN by all means be as optimistic as you please.

chisox06
05-28-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by HomeFish

How can optimism be premature? You can't "fake" optimism, if you have it theres nothing you can do, but to each his own. Honestly homefish, sometimes your the hangover after a great night of partyin.

soltrain21
05-28-2004, 01:14 AM

Go give the division to the Twins again.

Kadafi311
05-28-2004, 01:17 AM

I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron.

Navaro's Talent
05-28-2004, 01:19 AM
I have a great feeling about this team too. The Sox have been known to hit everything in sight in the second half of the season, but never do all that well in the first half. If the Sox can keep winning before the All-Star break, I think the team won't have to worry too much about winning every single game down the stretch like they had to last year.

pearso66
05-28-2004, 01:20 AM
Sure his optimism might be premature, but at least he's an optimist. You're the eternal pessimist, you wouldn't be happy if we won the world series. you wouldn't be happy unless we won 35 world series titles in a row.

Frankfan4life
05-28-2004, 02:35 AM
The key to this team's success will be "health" and a decent "fifth starter." If the starting lineup and pitchers remain healthy and the Sox get a good fifth starter, I believe they can make it to the World Series.

Baby Fisk
05-28-2004, 11:38 AM

Homefish paused long enough from his hobby of telling neighbourhood children that Santa Claus doesn't exist to make his post above, but I'm weighing in with the optimists.

The last 2 games against the Rangers were things of beauty. When the Sox are on, they are ON! The pitching has been great, the hitters seem to score at will, and the division is ours for the taking. Kenny has been making some great sounding noise about making the necessary moves to fill holes and get this team DEEP into the playoffs. I won't be satisfied with the division. I want the Sox to win their first playoff series since 1917 and keep rolling. I want to see the Sox in the ALCS and the WS and believe that it can and will happen. I want to see the national media get on Ozzie's bandwagon and drag the morons of the Chicago press kicking and screaming along with them. I want to see the carnival atmosphere that will erupt on WSI with a WS win. I WANT IT ALL! AND I WANT IT NOW!

CubKilla
05-28-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by soxwon
i predict we will capture the hearts of america
but still be second fave in chicago!!!

This will never happen. Too many Yankee, Red Sox, and Cub fans in the world for people to actually care about the White Sox outside of the fanbase.