PDA

View Full Version : Borchard or Reed?

A. Cavatica
05-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Borchard had a quiet 1-for-4 (1 SO, 1 RBI) tonight. Reed went 0-for-1 but walked three times (1 R). He was also caught stealing.

If Maggs is going to be hurt for a while, I would bring up Borchard to play right. But in general I think Reed's consistency and on-base abilities will be more valuable to the Sox than Borchard's all-or-nothing approach. Plus, Reed is getting most of the work in CF for Charlotte.

Wouldn't it be nice if both these guys forced their way onto the Sox by midseason? Carlos Lee could be our best trade bait...

Bryant Nelson is still hot, 2-for-4 with a homer and a double. This guy's been around a long time, and seems to be a grinder. If Valentin goes in a trade, I'd like to see him become our utility infielder.

DSpivack
05-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Borchard.

SoxxoS
05-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Got to be Borchard.

On another note...Reed's taking walks at a great pace. It's affecting his average, but his OBP is pretty good.

I know there was an argument between Randar and jeremy about Reed's walk rate. It looks like he may be walking a bit more than we thought.

hose
05-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Maggs isn't hurt and could have played tonight.

With Willie added to the outfield I don't see much playing time for either Borchard or Reed.

Lee in left

Willie, Timo, Arron in center

Maggs in right

plus Gload