PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Thursday?

HomerCoach
05-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Anyone have the numbers? Nice game Juan!

MRKARNO
05-27-2004, 10:51 PM

WSox8404
05-28-2004, 12:12 AM
I just don't understand it. Such a beautiful day and we only get 14,000. I just hope it picks up in June like it should. After a while it gets embarrasing.

OEO Magglio
05-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by WSox8404
I just don't understand it. Such a beautiful day and we only get 14,000. I just hope it picks up in June like it should. After a while it gets embarrasing.
Burly-mon throws a gem, the offense and defense are great, the whole team plays a great game and we're talking about attendance. WHO CARES, if the sox win just talk about the teams play not the attendance. People are still in school, I'm sure in a couple weeks attendance will pick up but I honestly I really could care less what the attendance is. And yes I was there tonight.

batmanZoSo
05-28-2004, 12:20 AM

That's how it's gonna be before June...unless we're just smoking and coming off a playoff year.

If we stay hot and in first, the summer crowds will come out in droves. Unlike last year where we weren't really in it til July. We've been around first all year. If we stay where we are we'll definitely hit 2 million. And if we make the playoffs we'll be over 2 million next year..probably 2.2 or so. And after another playoff appearance 2.4...see where I'm going with this? WIN!

WSox8404
05-28-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Burly-mon throws a gem, the offense and defense are great, the whole team plays a great game and we're talking about attendance. WHO CARES, if the sox win just talk about the teams play not the attendance. People are still in school, I'm sure in a couple weeks attendance will pick up but I honestly I really could care less what the attendance is. And yes I was there tonight.

I was there also. In the upper deck with my great buy one get one free coupons thanks to Granton Marketing. Two 1 dollar ones used today along with a buy one get one free. 18 bucks for four of us, plus free parking because I know someone who lives around the park. I love being cheap. LoL. Oh and I forgot to mention dollar hotdogs.

OEO Magglio
05-28-2004, 12:34 AM
I was there also. In the upper deck with my great buy one get one free coupons thanks to Granton Marketing. Two 1 dollar ones used today along with a buy one get one free. 18 bucks for four of us, plus free parking because I know someone who lives around the park. I love being cheap. LoL. Oh and I forgot to mention dollar hotdogs.
I wasn't trying to imply you weren't there, I just get tired of all these attendance threads after every home game.

Navaro's Talent
05-28-2004, 12:39 AM
I was at the game too, and it might not have been a large crowd, but it was an enthusiastic one. I would rather have an enthusiastic crowd than a large one.

Foulke You
05-28-2004, 12:41 AM
If there is nice weather, with fireworks and the Sox playing well, we should see some nice crowds this weekend. I'm not worried. If they keep winning, people will come.

doublem23
05-28-2004, 02:52 AM

Two words.

School.
Night.

inta
05-28-2004, 07:12 AM
school night or not. that's just the way it is.

face it, there's just not many sox fans in this city.

argue all you want, the fact is we're left with the core sox fan group in the face of cubbie mania

get used to it. and don't bitch when the organization tries to do something like the kiddie fan deck, to attract new fans.

jabrch
05-28-2004, 07:45 AM
I wish I had went on Thursday instead of Tuesday.

SSN721
05-28-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
I wish I had went on Thursday instead of Tuesday.

Fortunately I went tue and last night, so at least last night made up for that James Michener interpretation of a ballgame. And then to lose too, yuck. First game this year that I left during the ninth I was so disgusted. But yesterday more than made up for it. :D:

bennyw41
05-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Navaro's Talent
I was at the game too, and it might not have been a large crowd, but it was an enthusiastic one. I would rather have an enthusiastic crowd than a large one.

Yea, we could defitnely affford a fifth starter if we paid him in enthuisiasm.

bobj4400
05-28-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
And yes I was there tonight.

So was I, and the small crowd didnt bother me at all. I could care less about the attendance. I enjoy going and will continue to do so. Going tomorrow as well to see the Halos...

Palehose13
05-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Two words.

School.
Night.

Yep. It is no secret that the Sox have been targeting "families" recently. When the kiddies get out of school, I expect attendance to pick up.

That's how it's gonna be before June...unless we're just smoking and coming off a playoff year.

If we stay hot and in first, the summer crowds will come out in droves. Unlike last year where we weren't really in it til July. We've been around first all year. If we stay where we are we'll definitely hit 2 million. And if we make the playoffs we'll be over 2 million next year..probably 2.2 or so. And after another playoff appearance 2.4...see where I'm going with this? WIN!

Double Yep. I find it amusing that many sox fans criticize cub fans for being "casual fans", but then some of the same people complain about attendance. You can't have it both ways! I think some fans are not sprinting to the ballpark cause they want to be SURE this team is for real and not get their hearts broken like last year, and many other previous years.

With that being said, WORLD SERIES, BABY!

eurotrash35
05-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41
Yea, we could defitnely affford a fifth starter if we paid him in enthuisiasm.

LOL

CubKilla
05-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by inta
argue all you want, the fact is we're left with the core sox fan group in the face of cubbie mania

There are alot more Sox fans in Chicago than just the "core" fans to which you speak of. You'll see this when JR or a family member no longer own the team.