PDA

View Full Version : Would you be happy with the Sox projected stats?


MRKARNO
05-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Here are the Sox projected stats per ESPN. How happy would everyone be with these stats? Notable for their unlikliness over a whole season are Crede and Lee. This is really a relection about how you think the Sox are doing now, just put in a more plain form :

Harris .304 25 SB
Uribe .340 18 HR 50 RBI 22 SB
Ordonez .311 29 HR 122 RBI
Thomas .285 .453 OBP 36 HR 101 RBI
Lee .275 14 HR 75 RBI
Konerko .265 29 HR 101 RBI
Valentin .267 22 HR 61 RBI 133 K
Crede .208 29 HR 79 RBI
Olivo .281 18 HR 68 RBI

Alomar .302 4 HR 25 RBI
Rowand .265 14 HR 40 RBI
Perez .254 4 HR 22 RBI
Gload .259 7 HR 36 RBI

Loaiza 144 K 22-11
Buehrle 187 K 14-4
Garland 119 K 14-7
Schoeneweis 122 K 14-7

Koch 25 Saves

bigdommer
05-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Obviously, I would like to see all of these guys finish up better than these numbers. However, the only projections that would disappoint me would be Carlos's home runs and run production and Joe's average. That being said, I expect Carlos to hit about 25 HR's and I expect Joe to get around .250. I think both of them will heat up this summer. Other than that, I expect Uribe's average to level off a little, probably around .300.

Baseball prospectus talked the other day about the White Sox offense saying that they have one of the most explosive offenses in the league, and other than Uribe, none of them are having great years. So, expect it to get better.

lowesox
05-27-2004, 07:12 PM
I think I'd be happy with most of those numbers. The three things that bother me are Crede's avg, Lee's power numbers and Valentin's stats across the board.

Otherwise, I'd be jumping for joy. 14 wins out of Shoenweiss, 29 hrs for Crede - yes please!

MRKARNO
05-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by bigdommer
Obviously, I would like to see all of these guys finish up better than these numbers. However, the only projections that would disappoint me would be Carlos's home runs and run production and Joe's average. That being said, I expect Carlos to hit about 25 HR's and I expect Joe to get around .250. I think both of them will heat up this summer. Other than that, I expect Uribe's average to level off a little, probably around .300.

Baseball prospectus talked the other day about the White Sox offense saying that they have one of the most explosive offenses in the league, and other than Uribe, none of them are having great years. So, expect it to get better.

I would definately agree with those at BP after looking at this more carefully. Uribe could still fall off into the .270s-.260s, but I really really doubt it. I think he'll finish around .300 and Harris you really dont know because he's done so well in the past in the minors so he could easily be the real deal despite his struggles in 2002 and 2003 at the major league level, he might have finally made the right adjustments to be successful at the major league level. With the offense we have, it would be a dissapointment if we didn't finish in the top 5 in offense IMO.

batmanZoSo
05-27-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Harris .304 25 SB
Uribe .340 18 HR 50 RBI 22 SB
Ordonez .311 29 HR 122 RBI
Thomas .285 .453 OBP 36 HR 101 RBI
Lee .275 14 HR 75 RBI
Konerko .265 29 HR 101 RBI
Valentin .267 22 HR 61 RBI 133 K
Crede .208 29 HR 79 RBI
Olivo .281 18 HR 68 RBI

Alomar .302 4 HR 25 RBI
Rowand .265 14 HR 40 RBI
Perez .254 4 HR 22 RBI
Gload .259 7 HR 36 RBI

Loaiza 144 K 22-11
Buehrle 187 K 14-4
Garland 119 K 14-7
Schoeneweis 122 K 14-7

Koch 25 Saves

We'll win 97 ball games with those stats. Of course I'd be happy..but like you said a few guys aren't gonna end up near what they're projecting right now.

Lee will do a lot better than that, Uribe will probably end up around 290 or so...Buehrle won't keep up this frequent ND rate...he'll have more than 18 decisions on the year...I'd peg him for 18-8 the way he's been going. Konerko would be outstanding if he kept up what he's doing. So would Olivo. It's been a while since we had a catcher that could hit home runs (for longer than two months, CJ).

samram
05-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Uribe will have more than 50 RBI and Crede won't hit in the low 200s. While I have always been skeptical of this Sox offense, the fact that they are tied for second in the league in runs before they hit their normal hot time of mid-summer bodes very well.

I also think Buehrle wins more than 14. He won 14 last year and he was terrible for two and a half months. Unless he gets a lot of unfavorable matchups, he will win at least 18.

doublem23
05-27-2004, 07:55 PM
The only stat I'll be happy with at the end of the year is a big fat "0" in the GB column.

Voice of Reason
05-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
The only stat I'll be happy with at the end of the year is a big fat "0" in the GB column.

Well said.

HomerCoach
05-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Sorry Maggs, 29 HR does not equal $14 million.

jabrch
05-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
The only stat I'll be happy with at the end of the year is a big fat "0" in the GB column.

and a big fat 4 in the WS wins ledger.

SoxxoS
05-27-2004, 09:33 PM
I just want attendance.

MRKARNO
05-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
and a big fat 4 in the WS wins ledger.

I dont know about you, but I'd be happy to win just the ALDS. We havent even won a playoff games in 11 years.