PDA

View Full Version : tailgating question

haganaga
05-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Hi all,

Iíve been lurking here for quite a while and posted a reply here and there, but this is my first thread. (Quick background: I grew up in NW Indiana now living in Lakeview, Dad is a Sox fan, thus my brother and I grew up Sox fans)

Anyway, Iíve been going to games for years and have never tailgated before a Sox game. Most of my friends in the city are Cubs fans. Not because they grew up that way, but because they moved to Chicago from other parts of the country and when they got here, they moved to Wrigleyville or Lincoln Park. That being the case, I feel itís my duty to show them a good time on the southside.

My plan is to get a group of 8-10 friends, have one drive his truck and the rest of us take the el and meet up in the lot to party pregame. How long do they let you tailgate? I read on the site that itís 2 hours before the game, but can you hang for a bit and go inside when youíre good and ready or do they boot you at gametime? Also, Iím sure weíll want to hang for a bit in the lot postgame. Are they cool with this?

Any help from those of you who are veterans in this area & can make me aware of little tidbits that I may have not considered would be great.

Thanks & Go Sox!!

Meixner007
05-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by haganaga

My plan is to get a group of 8-10 friends, have one drive his truck and the rest of us take the el and meet up in the lot to party pregame. How long do they let you tailgate? I read on the site that itís 2 hours before the game, but can you hang for a bit and go inside when youíre good and ready or do they boot you at gametime?
Thanks & Go Sox!!

No, you can hang out a little after the game starts, but I don't know why you would want to. Show up at 5:30, that'll give you an hour and a half for tailgaiting...then go watch the whole game...don't turn it into a wrigley scene and show up in the third.

After the game, not so sure. I'd imagine they'd be a little stricter because of liablility concerns and whatnot.

Rocky Soprano
05-27-2004, 03:06 PM
I have seen people stay a bit after the game is over. Im not sure how long they allow you to stay, but people do stay and have another beer or hotdog.

SaltyPretzel
05-27-2004, 03:08 PM
They pretty much let you hang out afterward until the lots start emptying out.

bobj4400
05-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
I have seen people stay a bit after the game is over. Im not sure how long they allow you to stay, but people do stay and have another beer or hotdog.

I have stayed in the parking lot after a game for up to an hour and never been told to leave...

na_na_na_na
05-27-2004, 03:14 PM
There is no limit to before game tailgaiting. I recomend lot E there are tons of tailgaters there. My friend mike used to claim lot C but now I've turned him on to the power of lot E. Really it rules.

I've hung out after games for around an hour and a half without a problem but would recomend the BullPen Bar instead of tailgating.