PDA

View Full Version : Coordinated All Star Voting

Frater Perdurabo
05-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Of course we want deserving Sox players to be named to the All-Star team.

So let's go out and vote for them 25 times, the maximum allowed votes.

Even if you don't think a particular Sox player is deserving, vote for them anyway as it might increase their trade value if they really do make the All Star team. (Too bad we can't punch a straight-ticket with one mouse click!) In any case, I voted straight-Sox.

Also, let's vote against the Cubs players. We can do lots of damage to Cubs players' chances by coordinating our votes for competing players in the National League. We need to decide on the favorites at each position in the National League so we can swell their vote totals and deny stooges like Sammy an opportunity to make the All-Star team as starters.

I humbly suggest the following NL players:
1B Pujols
2B Castillo
SS Renteria
3B Rolen
C Kendall
OF Biggio, Bonds, Griffey

Does anyone have contacts with message boards for NL teams? Wasn't vote trading done last year? Let's get it ramped up early this year!

MeanFish
05-27-2004, 12:28 PM
As tough-as-nails as my allegiance to my team is, I don't know that I could bring myself to vote for anyone who I didn't consider to be the best choice. I think we, as White Sox fans, concern ourselves more with the purity of the game than most and having said that, we are morally obligated to support those who we consider to be the best players in our minds, without exception.

sas1974
05-27-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by MeanFish
As tough-as-nails as my allegiance to my team is, I don't know that I could bring myself to vote for anyone who I didn't consider to be the best choice. I think we, as White Sox fans, concern ourselves more with the purity of the game than most and having said that, we are morally obligated to support those who we consider to be the best players in our minds, without exception.

I guess I'll have to "write in" Timo then. :smile:

DSpivack
05-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Frank, Magglio, Konerko, Willie, Juan Ruth, Olivo, and that's about all I'll vote for.

WWIII
05-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
Frank, Magglio, Konerko, Willie, Juan Ruth, and that's about all I'll vote for.

The problem is voting for Konerko AND Frank. Frank is our 1B in the polls. If you write in Konerko at 1B, then it erases your vote for Frank. I suppose you could write in Konerko at another position, but his chances will be worse than they already are.

This raises a point. If I were to vote for Frank at 1B, and then write him in at two seperate positions, does it count as 3 votes for Frank, or 1 vote per position?

DSpivack
05-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by WWIII
The problem is voting for Konerko AND Frank. Frank is our 1B in the polls. If you write in Konerko at 1B, then it erases your vote for Frank. I suppose you could write in Konerko at another position, but his chances will be worse than they already are.

This raises a point. If I were to vote for Frank at 1B, and then write him in at two seperate positions, does it count as 3 votes for Frank, or 1 vote per position?

Yeah I just realized that. Sorry, Paulie, no All-Star game for you.

Frater Perdurabo
05-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by WWIII

I wonder about this as well. That's why I'm waiting to vote my last 24 ballots, pending an answer to this question and pending the announcemnt of any coordinated efforts we create with fans of some NL teams who share with us an interest in seeing their position players get more votes than Cubs players.

kojak
05-27-2004, 02:05 PM
I'm with MeanFish on this. I voted once and the only WS players I voted for were Maggs, Olivo and Harris. We get at least one player on the team. But the rest of our madcap crew will be playing in October, so I can live with that...

SOXintheBURGH
05-27-2004, 02:08 PM
Just make sure you vote in Jack Wilson at SS in the NL.. he's been the bucs best player hands down and is batting roughly. 358 and around 2 errors at best. He deserves a spot. Other than that I'm going straight SOX in the AL.

RustyKuntz
05-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Don't forget, you get 25 votes per email address. So if you have more than 1 address, vote your little heart out.

I just voted 75 times. (boss is golfing = me on the internet) :cool:

ewokpelts
05-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
Of course we want deserving Sox players to be named to the All-Star team.

So let's go out and vote for them 25 times, the maximum allowed votes.

Even if you don't think a particular Sox player is deserving, vote for them anyway as it might increase their trade value if they really do make the All Star team. (Too bad we can't punch a straight-ticket with one mouse click!) In any case, I voted straight-Sox.

Also, let's vote against the Cubs players. We can do lots of damage to Cubs players' chances by coordinating our votes for competing players in the National League. We need to decide on the favorites at each position in the National League so we can swell their vote totals and deny stooges like Sammy an opportunity to make the All-Star team as starters.

I humbly suggest the following NL players:
1B Pujols
2B Castillo
SS Renteria
3B Rolen
C Kendall
OF Biggio, Bonds, Griffey

Does anyone have contacts with message boards for NL teams? Wasn't vote trading done last year? Let's get it ramped up early this year!

but it saves your choices if you keep voting...sides...there's also punch out ballots and ballots at wal mart...both of which have contests attached to them
Gene

lowesox
05-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by MeanFish
I think we, as White Sox fans, concern ourselves more with the purity of the game than most and having said that, we are morally obligated to support those who we consider to be the best players in our minds, without exception.

We are also morally obligated to vote in such a way that reduces the quantity of cub all-stars.

jlh0023
05-27-2004, 07:34 PM
since when is there a voting limit....MAKE UP EMAIL'S, put in fake info, the cops won't be outside your house