PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 5.27.04

Hangar18
05-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Good article on Uncle Jerry today. Other team morning Zoo was minus its greatest Propogandizer (is that a word? heh heh) and somehow, sox got some airplay this morning. FOX gave the sox some kudos this am. :smile: We get the backpage and outstory the cubs in the cubtimes. not bad.

Cubune:
5 cub stories
4 sox stories
Cub-Times:
3 cub stories
5 sox stories

Standings since Spring training.........

CUBS 745
SOX 507

itsnotrequired
05-27-2004, 09:25 AM
I guess all it takes is a Cubs road loss and a Sox home shutout win to get more equal coverage...

Irishsox1
05-27-2004, 09:36 AM
I like how the Cubune sneeks in the 5th story about the Cubs to give the Flubbies a 1-story advantage. So other than getting totally waxed again in Houston, the Cubbies won the all important "more coverage in the Cubune" contest. Way to go, you giant faceless corporation.

DaveIsHere
05-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Did anyone notice with Murph gone this morning how much more enjoyable 670 was with all the Sox talk?

Hangar18
05-27-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
Did anyone notice with Murph gone this morning how much more enjoyable 670 was with all the Sox talk?

Yes it was. Fred however is not that good in the "lead" role,
further confirming that hes Murphys Stooge. I did appreciate
the equal coverage ....... actually may have been slightly tilted to the sox today.

Hangar18
05-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
I like how the Cubune sneeks in the 5th story about the Cubs to give the Flubbies a 1-story advantage. So other than getting totally waxed again in Houston, the Cubbies won the all important "more coverage in the Cubune" contest. Way to go, you giant faceless corporation.

YES, wouldve been EVEN had they put in a MAGGS WATCH.....
they still ignore the Maggs injury

Maximo
05-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere

I still try to dial it in when they give their updates......"scores on the fours"......but I have to admit that when I quickly discovered Mike Murphy was out for the day, I listened a little while longer.

Yes...it was refreshing. Some of the discussion regarded "incidents" at Sox park on Tuesday nights. Wasn't too enthused to hear about it, but it was a fair discussion.

Oh well.....like an old mentor of mine once told me, "sometimes people are gonna talk about ya and it won't be flattering.....but at least, they're talkin about ya"