PDA

View Full Version : *Will Phase V mini-park make you go to more or fewer games?

Frater Perdurabo
05-27-2004, 09:46 AM
The critics and fans have spoken. Some like it, many are ambivalent, many are reserving judgment and others despise it.

Will the FUNdamentals mini-park to be built in left field make you attend more games, fewer games or about the same?

Frater Perdurabo
05-27-2004, 09:51 AM
The Phase V mini-field will not cause me to attend any more games right now, as I live in Texas.

If and when my wife and I have children, when we go to visit my folks in Chicago I would bring my children to experience the FUNdamentals park. If it were not built, I would go, but I wouldn't bring my children. This feature would induce me to purchase more tickets.

Rocky Soprano
05-27-2004, 09:57 AM
If this would cause you to go to fewer games then you are not a true Sox fan at all. Do us all a favor and just stop going all together.

Some people are just looking for any simple and stupid excuse...

:angry:

A.T. Money
05-27-2004, 10:04 AM
I think it's cool, and it'll look cool on TV when left field moonshots are shown on TV. It sure as hell beats the billboards!

Procol Harum
05-27-2004, 10:06 AM
Looks like a swell thing for the kids--I only wish it was already there because probably by the time they get it up and running my guys will be too old to enjoy it. I think it might induce me to come to the park more often if the kids enjoyed it as much as I think they might.

Hangar18
05-27-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
I think it's cool, and it'll look cool on TV when left field moonshots are shown on TV. It sure as hell beats the billboards!

this much is true .......... it is the LESSER of two evils. If I had a choice (and i certainly dont) id rather see the PlayPen obstructing my view of the Fireworks, etc than those Out-of-Scale, Sterile billboards. Yes.......HR's to LF will look slightly better with that in the background instead of CHEVY. It is however, like a bad Jose Valenting Bunt Attempt..........bad FUNdamental design

Frater Perdurabo
05-27-2004, 10:16 AM
My point is that even if it turns out to be ugly, the bottom line for Uncle Jerry, by his own admission, is money. More tickets sold equals more payroll.

I don't care if they put a real playpen behind home plate. I don't care if they have a petting zoo in right and Barney the Dinosaur on the fan deck. If it gets more butts in the seats and more tickets sold, then that should mean more payroll dollars and fewer holes on the roster.

If we don't like the FUNdamentals "play pen," then ignore it. Watch the game with a cold brew and a bratwurst instead.

Now if they only milk increased ticket sales for a cash cow and don't reinvest profits in the payroll, then I will be leading the charge to burn Uncle Jerry at the stake. :angry:

pinwheels3530
05-27-2004, 12:39 PM
It will definitely be fun for all the kids I bring on Kid $1 Sunday's, I have successfully recruited my nephew and little cousin to be sox fans just by bringing them to a live game, the fundamental park will definitely help attract other kids. I was also watching the giants game last nite and their little park doesn't take away any thing from their park, the only difference is ours will be elevated but it should look cool.

ewokpelts
05-27-2004, 02:42 PM
one less billboard makes hangar happy!
Gene

doublem23
05-27-2004, 03:07 PM
The only thing that really ever effects how many Sox games I go to is a) job status and b) how the Sox are playing.

Rush20
05-27-2004, 03:16 PM

I agree 100%. I think the contrast will really look good especially on TV. Anyone who has watched the mighty Tribune and WGN market Cubland over the last 15 years understands the power of camera angles in creating an atmosphere.

In answer to the poll, this new feature will not bring me out to the park more often. I already go to 15-20 games per year because like most people on this board, I like to support the team.

Anyway we can kill some of the billboards, the better. Hopefully, the new entrance in left field and perhaps a new home run porch in right are still in the plans. Lastly, I hope they brick over all the exposed concrete and tear down the ugly outside ramps. Now those would be cosmetic changes.

skottyj242
05-27-2004, 03:47 PM
This sucks, my seats are in 158 so every time I go to have a cigarette I'll be standing undreneath that monstrosity. I like hanging out in the concourse in the SUN, I guess I better enjoy it this year while I can.

CubKilla
05-27-2004, 04:08 PM
I'll go to the games when JR starts acting like he cares about winning a WS..... whether that Phase 5 mistake is there or not.

doublem23
05-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by skottyj242
This sucks, my seats are in 158 so every time I go to have a cigarette I'll be standing undreneath that monstrosity. I like hanging out in the concourse in the SUN, I guess I better enjoy it this year while I can.

I really hope this was a case of forgotten teal.

RedPinStripes
05-27-2004, 08:08 PM
Where's the option to vote "I dont have a family and as long as the baseball field is there and the Sox play on it, I'll show up. "
:?:

doublem23
05-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Where's the option to vote "I dont have a family and as long as the baseball field is there and the Sox play on it, I'll show up. "
:?:

I think that would be the, "I'll got to as many games as usual."

RedPinStripes
05-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I think that would be the, "I'll got to as many games as usual."

I'm just trying to stir some **** up here , doub. :)

doublem23
05-27-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I'm just trying to stir some **** up here , doub. :)

You? No! :D:

Cubbiesuck13
05-27-2004, 08:47 PM
it's funny, the simple answer to almost every question the past few days (media love, attendance) is win a playoff series. just making it won't help (a little bit, see 2000) but if we make it as far as the scrubbies did, the media watch would be almost even(more heavy on the scrub side no matter what due to their owners). fans would come out from everywhere (a ton of "pro-chicago 'fans'"

let us see what happens to all these concerns next year!