PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Big Hurt

pinwheels3530
05-27-2004, 02:03 AM
Happy Birthday to the Big Hurt No.35 the greatest White Sox hitter of ALL TIME!! I hope to be there when Frank "I don't need no darn cork" Thomas gets inducted into the Hall of Fame. :gulp:

voodoochile
05-27-2004, 07:41 AM
Happy birthday, big man! Keep smiling and hitting the rest doesn't matter...

You still Da Man, Frank...

:)

thepaulbowski
05-27-2004, 08:11 AM
Expect a big game from Frank tonight, he usually has good days at the plate on his b-day.

pearso66
05-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Happy b-day Big Hurt, I only wish the game was televised here so I could share it with ya. but I'll definitally :gulp: to it.

sas1974
05-27-2004, 09:41 AM
Happy B-Day, Big Frank! :gulp:

I'll be out there tomorrow night to celebrate w/ him in person. Hopefully some before the fireworks fireworks.

Hondo
05-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Happy B-Day Hurt!!!!

When he was in his prime he was Ted Williams, plain and simple. And he's still a helluva ballplayer who despite Kirkijuan and Boston Peter's naysaying will be in the HOF.

:ozzie
"I tell you what, I'm buying Frank a beer after the game tonight. This kid has been great for us all year."

Deadguy
05-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Happy birthday to the greatest White Sox ever.

If Sox management is smart, he'll be celebrating the big 4-0 in White Sox pinstripes in 2008.

Frater Perdurabo
05-27-2004, 09:53 AM
I predicted to my friends in March 1990 (when I was in 8th grade) that Frank would be a HOF-er. I traded a quarter and half of a piece of pizza for a Frank Thomas rookie card that year as well, and I got his autograph at a card show the same day he got his first MLB hit. Frank has been my favorite player since the beginning of his pro career and I can't wait until I am proven right on my 1990 prediction. Happy birthday, Hurt. :gulp:

ode to veeck
05-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Happy B-Day to one of the greatest hitters in the history of the sport, not just the Sox

ode to veeck
05-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Big Hurt Birthday Challenge to all of WSI: Go out and vote for Frank in online all-star ballot 25 times

Frater Perdurabo
05-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
Big Hurt Birthday Challenge to all of WSI: Go out and vote for Frank in online all-star ballot 25 times

Link? Let's make this as easy as possible for people to do.

Here's the link (http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2004/ballot_reg.jsp).

SOXSINCE'70
05-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
Expect a big game from Frank tonight, he usually has good days at the plate on his b-day.

I'll second it.

Deadguy
05-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
Link? Let's make this as easy as possible for people to do.

Here's the link (http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2004/ballot_reg.jsp).

The only reason I signed up for this site was to try and get people to vote for FT in the "32nd player" voting last year, and we still couldn't get Thomas into the game, despite the fact that the AS game was in his hometown and he is the greatest White Sox ever. I can remember wasting hours voting for FT. But this year, the crop of AL 1B is very weak. Even Konerko is starting to look good in comparison.

This year I'm going to hack into MLB.com to ensure that Thomas gets enough votes to start at 1B, or start a grass-roots propaganda campaign to convince people that Thomas is 1/8th Japanese.

Randar68
05-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Deadguy
This year I'm going to hack into MLB.com to ensure that Thomas gets enough votes to start at 1B, or start a grass-roots propaganda campaign to convince people that Thomas is 1/8th Japanese.

*****! That might be a future requirement for any player the way things have gone with Yao Ming and all the Ichiro/Matsui stuff the past few years...

LongLiveFisk
05-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
I predicted to my friends in March 1990 (when I was in 8th grade) that Frank would be a HOF-er. I traded a quarter and half of a piece of pizza for a Frank Thomas rookie card that year as well, and I got his autograph at a card show the same day he got his first MLB hit. Frank has been my favorite player since the beginning of his pro career and I can't wait until I am proven right on my 1990 prediction. Happy birthday, Hurt. :gulp:

Agreed. I bought a bunch of rookie cards that year too. You could just tell he was going to be something special.

Anyway, Frank :gulp: (x 36!!) Have a great game tonight!! :cool:

Chrisaway
05-27-2004, 12:25 PM
I traded my entire old Hot Wheel collection away for a leaf Thomas rookie. I think i have every Rookie card he has. I like the one where he's flipping off the camera.

ps-he has my 25 votes.

HAPPY BDAY FRANK

Baby Fisk
05-27-2004, 12:27 PM
While you're at it, vote to send The Big Hurt to Cooperstown right here! (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=neel/040527#) Scroll down to find the poll. So far, Frank is in! :cool:

ode to veeck
05-27-2004, 02:03 PM
The link took me to a (pretty good) story on Doug Pappas and his efforts to clarify what makes and is needed for finanically successful teams. Almost can't find the "is Frank a HOFer" poll in notes from Eric's Scorecard at the bottom of the Pappas article.

Current score = 67.3% say yes on 419 votes

bafiarocks03
05-27-2004, 03:19 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR FRANK, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

make a wish Frankie!!

npdempse
05-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Let's all chip in and buy frank a new piece of rebar to swing in the on-deck circle. :D:

Here's hoping he lets loose with some birthday bombs.

Frankfan4life
05-27-2004, 07:05 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG HURT! BEST WISHES FOR A GREAT DAY!!!

I'd like to give you 36 birthday licks on that big bottom of yours. (Did I say that?) :o: But since I can't, I know we'd both like it if you'd put some big licks on that baseball tonight. :D:

Frank's definitely got all 25 of my all star votes. I voted for him over a 1,000 times last year.

emaholic
05-27-2004, 08:42 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG FRANK!!!

I got to remember to wish him a happy belated birthday on fuji film day. ;D

RKMeibalane
05-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Happy Birthday Big Frank! :gulp: :gulp:

WhiteSox = Life
05-27-2004, 10:19 PM
1-3 with a single, a walk and the catalyst for the big two out rally in the 1st inning.

Way to go, Frank. Happy Birthday, Hurt, and spend several more with the Sox!

SOXSINCE'70
05-28-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70
I'll second it.

Not bad for 36.Even his outs were hit hard.Light up Percival this weekend.He still hasn't given up a hit to you yet.A game winning HR would be nice. :)