PDA

View Full Version : No more worries about E-Lo

Whitesox029
05-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Just wanted to say that today's performance by Esteban convinced me beyond all doubt that last year was most certainly not a fluke as some of us were secretly fearing. '2003 Loaiza' has survived the long winter!

pinwheels3530
05-27-2004, 02:58 AM
He pitched a great game last night against the best hitting team in the A.L. Way to go E-LO!!! GO SOX!!

34 Inch Stick
05-27-2004, 09:49 AM
I'll say it here so I don't have to start another thread, sign him now for three years and 15 mil.

Frater Perdurabo
05-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I'll say it here so I don't have to start another thread, sign him now for three years and 15 mil.

Agreed.

batmanZoSo
05-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

He's not worth that.

sas1974
05-27-2004, 10:44 AM
I couldn't watch the game, but Rooney/Farmio said his motion looked fluid and he's finally found his arm slot. That's great news. We can all exhale now.

Bobby Thigpen
05-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Went to the game and he looked great. Fluid, in control, and dominating. The Esteban we all came to know and love from last year is certainly back.

TDog
05-27-2004, 12:37 PM
If the Sox made it to game 7 of the World Series, started Loaiza and lost 1-0 (as if he EL were pitching agains the Tigers) people in the media would use his loss as evidence that 2003 was a fluke.

SoxFan76
05-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Honest question here, is Esteban the best pitcher in Chicago? I really think so. And while I do really hate the Cubs, I know Prior is going to be a damn good pitcher one day, yet I still belive Loaiza is currently the best pitcher in Chicago.

Loaiza
Buerhle
Prior
Schoenweis
Wood

While the two messiahs on the north side have astronomical strike out numbers, our 3 guys find ways to win. Prior/Buerhle can be argued, but Buerhle has been lights out recently.

edit, I know Wood is better than Schoe, I just can't stand how overrated Wood is.

34 Inch Stick
05-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Take a little looky at Prior's winning percentage since he got to the majors. Flame me for it but this is the way it is looking:

Prior
Zambrano
Buhrle
Wood
Loiza

illiniwhitesox
05-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Glad to hear in an interview with Loiza that he has adjusted to some of the changes hitters have made against him. He stated he threw more changeups than he ever has.

I'm sure this allows him to setup his fastball and cutter and keep hitters guessing. He looked awesome and you could tell the hitters did not have an answer.

mcfish
05-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
Honest question here, is Esteban the best pitcher in Chicago? I really think so. And while I do really hate the Cubs, I know Prior is going to be a damn good pitcher one day, yet I still belive Loaiza is currently the best pitcher in Chicago.

Loaiza
Buerhle
Prior
Schoenweis
Wood

While the two messiahs on the north side have astronomical strike out numbers, our 3 guys find ways to win. Prior/Buerhle can be argued, but Buerhle has been lights out recently.

edit, I know Wood is better than Schoe, I just can't stand how overrated Wood is.

Don't let anyone in the media see that list - they be so outraged they wouldn't even know how to respond. I would agree with most of what you say, but Prior is a damn good pitcher right now, if he can ever pitch again, so I would say the order of the top 3 are up for debate. Schoenweis needs to keep up what he has been doing before Texas came to town, because he didn't look to good on Tuesday. Wood is good, but inconsistent and gets hurt too much. Wait, that last part is just a team thing on the north side. Solidarity!

MeanFish
05-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Loaiza might be great right now, as might be Buerhle, but aren't you guys forgetting someone?

Carlos Zambrano.

And so, allow me to adjust the top five pitchers list based on performance right n:

Zambrano
Loaiza
Prior
Buerhle
Schoeneweis

I think that looks about right. It wasnt' too long ago when Zambrano didn't allow a run in like 27 innings or something grotesque like that.

SoxFan76
05-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by MeanFish
Loaiza might be great right now, as might be Buerhle, but aren't you guys forgetting someone?

Carlos Zambrano.

And so, allow me to adjust the top five pitchers list based on performance right n:

Zambrano
Loaiza
Prior
Buerhle
Schoeneweis

I think that looks about right. It wasnt' too long ago when Zambrano didn't allow a run in like 27 innings or something grotesque like that.

Have we already forgotten Buerhle's dominance these last few weeks? He should be ahead of Zambrano in my book. Of course, I am also incredibly biased. That's right, I can be biased.