PDA

View Full Version : Damon Andrews out as Sox announcer

soxnut
05-26-2004, 07:28 PM
Damen Andrews that is.www.suntimes.com/output/feder/cst-fin-feder26.html (http://www.suntimes.com/output/feder/cst-fin-feder26.html)

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-26-2004, 07:51 PM
i actually liked damon andrews along with bill melton. best of wishes to him as head sports anchor and director in LA.

MRKARNO
05-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Congratulations to Damon on his new better job. That's a pretty darn good job in LA. This really gives Comcast Sports a lot more flexibility in terms of what they can do for Sox and Bulls anchor.

Soxfest
05-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Nobody worth a dam ia going to take a job till just October.

Brian26
05-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Good riddance. I've watched a lot of guys come and go in Chicago, and Damon always seemed to treat the FSN job like it was nothing but an audition tape for ESPN. His Stuart Scott-like demeanor on the air was lame, and his heart wasn't in it. Melty is awesome, and I hope he gets a gig with Comcast next year.

Personally, I'd love to see Jim Blaney get the anchor spot.

soxnut
05-26-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Good riddance. I've watched a lot of guys come and go in Chicago, and Damon always seemed to treat the FSN job like it was nothing but an audition tape for ESPN. His Stuart Scott-like demeanor on the air was lame, and his heart wasn't in it. Melty is awesome, and I hope he gets a gig with Comcast next year.

Personally, I'd love to see Jim Blaney get the anchor spot.

I think Jim Blaney is too much of a hockey lover for my taste. I guess ever since the Blackhawks turned me off---I've been turned off with him as well. Can we get Amy Stone back?? what a honey!! :D:

Lip Man 1
05-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Obviously the man is successful and you can't argue with that.

I never liked his 'street' style, his made up phrases and his attempts to put the focus of things on himself.

Just give me the sports and the highlights and don't try to 'entertain' me.

I for one will not shed any tears over his leaving.

Now if Gary Miller isn't his replacement!!!

Lip

santo=dorf
05-26-2004, 11:28 PM
How about Julie Sweica? Or is she considered a person who has voice for tv but a face for radio? (ouch, that was cold.)

Win1ForMe
05-26-2004, 11:37 PM
I guess he found his.... wait for it... wait for it.... WINDOW OF OPPORTUNI-TAAAY and took it. I'll miss Big Damon, not that I think he's a good anchor or anything but I did get used to him. :whiner:

Medford Bobby
05-27-2004, 01:43 AM
Us lucky kids will still see his schtick on the DISH on KTLA..........I always hated how he'd do the same lame crap like he was in the Bay Area for Fox Sports Bay Area channel. I always wonder why they hire people like that if it's to target us 44 year old white guys or the younger hip 20 something urbanites..... :?:

tromcoe
05-27-2004, 01:53 AM
How about Ron Kittle or Tom Paciorek????

Rom Is a little tough still on Sunday nights but this would be a Norm Van Leer type move.

pudge
05-27-2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Obviously the man is successful and you can't argue with that.

I never liked his 'street' style, his made up phrases and his attempts to put the focus of things on himself.

Just give me the sports and the highlights and don't try to 'entertain' me.

I for one will not shed any tears over his leaving.

Now if Gary Miller isn't his replacement!!!

Lip

I agree Lip, I can't believe he's actually going to be a sports director in LA, that's simply amazing... the TV broadcast field is such a joke... ESPN has set such a wonderful trend for the industry...

A.T. Money
05-27-2004, 03:10 AM
Good, I thought he sucked anyway. He tried to be cool.

habibharu
05-27-2004, 09:06 AM
how bout danny mac?

wdelaney72
05-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
How about Julie Sweica? Or is she considered a person who has voice for tv but a face for radio? (ouch, that was cold.)

I'd be all for Julie Sweica.

wdelaney72
05-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by habibharu
how bout danny mac?

Do that and a radio show? I don't see him wanting to take on that much work.

I'd be for it, as long as it didn't conflict with his radio show.

harwar
05-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by santo=dorf

I'd love to see Julie Swieca in that role.She loves the White Sox and baseball in general.However;Shes' still under contract to that ridiculous radio station called "the score'.
As for her appearance.If you ever meet her in person you'll find a very attractive and vivacious woman who loves the White Sox as much as we do.

fledgedrallycap
05-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Rumor is there will not be seperate lead-in announcers for the Cubs, Bulls, Sox, and Hawks, instead one "head honcho" doing all four. Possible candidates will include Dan Bernstien if the radio negotiations fall through. Of course there will be the same color guys, although it would be pretty great to have Norm VanLier doing Sox games. :D:

Irishsox1
05-27-2004, 10:56 AM
how bout danny mac?

Danny Mac has a face for radio, or he was hit in the face with a radio, I don't know.

sas1974
05-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by tromcoe
How about Ron Kittle or Tom Paciorek????

Rom Is a little tough still on Sunday nights but this would be a Norm Van Leer type move.

Kittie tells it like it is, that's for sure. I wonder how that would fly w/ management?

Uncle_Patrick
05-27-2004, 01:58 PM
how bout danny mac?

I hear Danny Mac bashing Paul Konerko every 5 minutes on the radio. I don't know if we need that on TV, too.