PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Thread 5-26-04

SEALgep
05-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Willie Harris - 2B - CWS May. 26 - 7:20 pm et

Willie Harris is in the starting lineup tonight for the first time since hurting his ankle and shin a week ago.
With Magglio Ordonez out, the White Sox have Harris playing center and Aaron Rowand in right tonight.

Don't mind it, but we're going to need Maggs back.

jabrch
05-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Harris - CF
Uribe - 2B
Thomas - DH
Lee - LF
Valentin - SS
Konerko - 1B
Rowand - RF
Crede - 3B
Olivo - C

discuss...

Daver
05-26-2004, 06:29 PM
I hijacked your thread.

:)

Saracen
05-26-2004, 06:30 PM
There's a way to get all 3 middle infielders in a game - have Maggs get hurt.

jabrch
05-26-2004, 06:30 PM
My first ever official game thread!!!!! :)

jabrch
05-26-2004, 06:32 PM
We better run like heck vs Benoit. We better hit well too. Last night kinda stunk.

Saracen
05-26-2004, 06:32 PM
I'll probably catch some flack, but I'm glad Rowand got the start over Gload. He's been hitting well the last couple games & made a sweet catch in center last night.

DickAllen72
05-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Harris should be at 2B and Gload should be in RF. Or Perez in CF and Rowand in RF.

Uribe should always be at SS. If Ozzie is determined to have Valentin in the lineup against righties, he should be at 3B.

Leave Uribe and Harris alone at their positions already. They've earned them.

jabrch
05-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Saracen
I'll probably catch some flack, but I'm glad Rowand got the start over Gload. He's been hitting well the last couple games & made a sweet catch in center last night.

It would be nice to have a RH hitter on the bench available to pinch hit against Ramirez or Mahay, certainly with Manos around.

CHISOXFAN13
05-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by DickAllen72
Harris should be at 2B and Gload should be in RF. Or Perez in CF and Rowand in RF.

Uribe should always be at SS. If Ozzie is determined to have Valentin in the lineup against righties, he should be at 3B.

So you want to put a guy who is a defensive butcher at his natural position at another positon.

Yeah, that makes sense.

batmanZoSo
05-26-2004, 06:44 PM

First, what's wrong with Maggs? I'm sure someone told me in the chat last night but alas I have since forgotten if so.

At any rate, Rowand is hitting the crap out of the ball right now, it makes no sense to sit him. You only get one, maybe two streaks like this, don't squander them.

voodoochile
05-26-2004, 06:46 PM
The Chatroom (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?setwidth=955&setheight=450)is open...

SEALgep
05-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
First, what's wrong with Maggs? I'm sure someone told me in the chat last night but alas I have since forgotten if so.

At any rate, Rowand is hitting the crap out of the ball right now, it makes no sense to sit him. You only get one, maybe two streaks like this, don't squander them. Maggs tweaked his left calf. You definitely don't want to squander a hot streak. Baker did that with Macias, and I'm sure he regrets that big time.

DickAllen72
05-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
So you want to put a guy who is a defensive butcher at his natural position at another positon.

Yeah, that makes sense.

No, I want our best 2nd baseman (Harris) to play 2B. I want our best SS (Uribe) to play SS. They are the best defensive players on the team at their respective positions. Those two positions are the most important defensive positions in the game.

I said IF Ozzie is determined to put Valentin in, let it be at 3B. If it were up to me, Valentin would be gone. His presence here keeps forcing Harris, Uribe, Rowand to play out of position or sit. If he stays on the team, it should be as a left handed bat off the bench, occasional DH, and infield insurance only.

Harris and Uribe earned their starting jobs. Crede doesn't hustle.

DickAllen72
05-26-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo

At any rate, Rowand is hitting the crap out of the ball right now, it makes no sense to sit him. You only get one, maybe two streaks like this, don't squander them.

Amen to that!

voodoochile
05-26-2004, 07:04 PM
anyone else having problems with MLB.TV?

kojak
05-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Nope. Mine shows Loaiza mowing 'em down....

jeremyb1
05-26-2004, 07:46 PM
I said IF Ozzie is determined to put Valentin in, let it be at 3B. If it were up to me, Valentin would be gone. His presence here keeps forcing Harris, Uribe, Rowand to play out of position or sit. If he stays on the team, it should be as a left handed bat off the bench, occasional DH, and infield insurance only.

Harris and Uribe earned their starting jobs. Crede doesn't hustle.

1) If you want to debate Valentin's worth relative to Harris there's been three threads in the last five days doing so. Feel free to jump in. However, disregarding all the arguments that have been made on the subject by simply asserting your opinion on the issue with little support in a different thread accomplishes little. I refuse to make the same arguments in six different threads.

2) Harris and Uribe have earned their jobs?! How long does it take to earn a job in your opinion? What has Jose earned during his 13 year career? I think that speaks a little more towards consisent production and earning something in the majors than 150 plate appearances.

Brian26
05-26-2004, 08:09 PM
There's something just bizarre about Hawk reading a promo for "Spiderman 2" day at the Cell as kids will be given foam masks and hands.

LOL.

Anyway, E-Lo just registered his 1,000 career strikeout. Congrats!

Brian26
05-26-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by kojak
Nope. Mine shows Loaiza mowing 'em down....

He absolutely cruised through the top of the 4th.

4-0 Sox. Keep it up!

nychisox
05-26-2004, 08:24 PM
looking pretty good throwing a one hitter through 4 :smile:

kojak
05-26-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

OK, now MLB.com is flaking out in the top of the fifth.
It keeps wanting to go back to the bottom of the fourth.

Brian26
05-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Anyone else watching the brunette and the blonde in the first row behind the dugout when righthanded hitters are up? They are paying NO attention to the game...great, now the one bitch is on her cell phone. Honey, Wrigley is 12 miles north.

voodoochile
05-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Anyone else watching the brunette and the blonde in the first row behind the dugout when righthanded hitters are up? They are paying NO attention to the game...great, now the one bitch is on her cell phone. Honey, Wrigley is 12 miles north.

Says the guy watching the two women and not the game on his TV set... :D:

BKozi
05-26-2004, 08:49 PM
7 in a row! Anybody know what the record is for consecutive K's?

Saracen
05-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by BKozi
7 in a row! Anybody know what the record is for consecutive K's?
A lot more than that, I'm sure.

BKozi
05-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Saracen
A lot more than that, I'm sure.

Probably, but I have faith in Jose. I think that he can do it.

ChiSox7
05-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Hey voodoo, or any other admin, I can't get into the chat tonight like every other night. Were you guys having problems?

jeremyb1
05-26-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm predicting right now that Ozzie does his best Felippe Alou impression tonight and throws Loaiza 130+ pitches for no good reason. Hopefully his better judgement (or Coop's) prevails or Esteban economizes his pitches well the last two innings.

Brian26
05-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Loaiza is almost making this look too easy. He is cruising.

Saracen
05-26-2004, 09:17 PM
I think there's a couple good reasons to leave him in: 1) He's cruising 2) Billy Koch

lowesox
05-26-2004, 09:25 PM
This just in: Jose Valentin did not strike out!!!!!