PDA

View Full Version : Phase V Poll

Dadawg_77
05-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Inspired by PI, here is the poll.

Can some delete the other one(s)?

thecell
05-26-2004, 04:58 PM
I'm reserving judgement. This is only the first announcement they've made. If the question was do I like this portion of Phase V, I would vote no. It may end up working with the other changes, so I will reserve judgement.

Baby Fisk
05-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Dadawg, I'm surprised it took this long. That press release was issued HOURS ago and the pandemonium has been going on for at least that long. :cool:

batmanZoSo
05-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Did I miss something?

jlh0023
05-26-2004, 05:25 PM
aslf

CubKilla
05-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by thecell
I'm reserving judgement. This is only the first announcement they've made. If the question was do I like this portion of Phase V, I would vote no. It may end up working with the other changes, so I will reserve judgement.

Ditto. As long as RF doesn't have a 16" softball field built above the RF concourse where you'll have to blow over the legal limit to get inside..... :angry:

steff
05-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Dadawg, I'm surprised it took this long. That press release was issued HOURS ago and the pandemonium has been going on for at least that long. :cool:

I posted about this back in January when I posted about the ISA agreement.

he_gone_89
05-26-2004, 05:37 PM
man,I am so sick and tired of all of this "Family-Oriented" bullcrap
at sporting events. Its crazy the number of kids I've seen in the past 2 years run all over the fan deck. I went to the toronto DH
and during game 2, about 8 kids started breaking the concreate tiles of the deck,from trying to climb from the second stair to the top of the deck

I think that if the kids dont want to see the game,then stay at home. I,like tons upon tons of fans,go to the games to relax,have a good time,eat some good food and root their team to victory. And that is getting harder and harder to do with 7,8 and 9 year olds who dont care about the game messin it up for the fans

hell,a few years ago,i was 8 and 9,but when i went to the games,i sat and WATCHED the game,so dont think im insensitive.

steff
05-26-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by steff
I posted about this back in January when I posted about the ISA agreement.

Sorry.. my mistake. I didn't post that information on this board.

pinwheels3530
05-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by he_gone_89
man,I am so sick and tired of all of this "Family-Oriented" bullcrap
at sporting events. Its crazy the number of kids I've seen in the past 2 years run all over the fan deck. I went to the toronto DH
and during game 2, about 8 kids started breaking the concreate tiles of the deck,from trying to climb from the second stair to the top of the deck

I think that if the kids dont want to see the game,then stay at home. I,like tons upon tons of fans,go to the games to relax,have a good time,eat some good food and root their team to victory. And that is getting harder and harder to do with 7,8 and 9 year olds who dont care about the game messin it up for the fans

hell,a few years ago,i was 8 and 9,but when i went to the games,i sat and WATCHED the game,so dont think im insensitive.

This is funny cause sometimes there is a bunch of drunk twentysomethings running all over the fan deck breaking things, starting fights etc... just like kids!!

daveeym
05-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
This is funny cause sometimes there is a bunch of drunk twentysomethings running all over the fan deck breaking things, starting fights etc... just like kids!!

Ah he's in those middle years, too adult to act like a kid and too much a kid to drink with the adults. :D:

he_gone_89
05-26-2004, 06:02 PM
yea,but they dont want a swing set in center field,
they just want beer during the 9th innning

he_gone_89
05-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by daveeym
Ah he's in those middle years, too adult to act like a kid and too much a kid to drink with the adults. :D:

WOAH! u talkin to me?

just because im in the middle years,does'nt mean i dont drink.

nasox
05-26-2004, 06:33 PM
beat me to it. Anyway, I voted looks good, although if I could I would now change it to reserving judgement because we need more screenshots/artistic renderings and the like. I like the idea though, kinda like pac bell, except this time it could be visible from home plate (or from the stands).

BeerHandle
05-26-2004, 11:28 PM
I think it looks good and is a good strategic move by the sox. Attract the young kids to the park to become interested in the Sox and develop into lifelong fans.

scottyl
05-27-2004, 01:50 AM
Has anybody added up what Sox fans on this board "want"?

No kids to "ruin" their experience
No casual fans to "ruin" their experience
No changes to the ballpark that might cause people to take a second look

Yet at the same time everybody gripes about the $ the team has to spend on talent and wants a World Series.

Listen, this is modern baseball. You've got to attract fans and "casual" fans. People in the ballpark, butts in the seats, etc. I don't think the team is selling out, and White Sox baseball will continue to be about the team rather than the scene, but we need people to feel like there is some type of scene and events to get involved in. Give them something to do and maybe all these people who are "inconveniences" to you will have somewhere to hang out. There is all sorts of stuff to do / watch at Bulls game in the concourse, during time outs, etc. and it has never prevented me from simply watching the game if that is what I want to do.

inta
05-27-2004, 03:39 AM
I think it's a great idea.

This is something for the kids, c'mon people.should they build another bar there instead? It's easily better than that giant CHEVY ad they have out there now.

there's nothing negative about this addition aside from possible asthetic changes tot he park, and even that's up for debate.

Everyone's so wrapped up in the cosmetic changes to the ballpark and freakin green seats... last i checked we were white sox fans, not US Cellular Field fans.

I mean c'mon... for F's sake...

Hangar18
05-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by inta

Everyone's so wrapped up in the cosmetic changes to the ballpark and freakin green seats... last i checked we were white sox fans, not US Cellular Field fans.

I mean c'mon... for F's sake...

I have to say, someone here, sorry I dont remember,
has a Byline in his Signature that says "Blue Seats hurt my back.....Green Seats are more comfortable". Very Very Clever
and freaking funny as heck. I laughed for about 10minutes
last nite with that.

Someone else mentioned they thought our whole thread regarding phase5 was Hilarious, and I agree, I did reread everything this AM, and I think we need to permanently save this thread ........... we are a pretty clever bunch.

Frater Perdurabo
05-27-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Someone else mentioned they thought our whole thread regarding phase5 was Hilarious, and I agree, I did reread everything this AM, and I think we need to permanently save this thread ........... we are a pretty clever bunch.

Yes. See what a Sox shutout win and a good night's sleep will do for our morale? :)

MarqSox
05-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by scottyl
Give them something to do and maybe all these people who are "inconveniences" to you will have somewhere to hang out. There is all sorts of stuff to do / watch at Bulls game in the concourse, during time outs, etc. and it has never prevented me from simply watching the game if that is what I want to do.
I'm all for that, but I gotta think they could come up with something better than installing a little league field above the left field concourse.

I mean, just say that out loud "There will be a little league field above the left field concourse at U.S. Cellular Field" and tell me you don't cross your eyes a little bit in bizarre wonderment.

GregoryEtc
05-27-2004, 11:44 AM
no more bizarre than say..... a SHOWER! :smile:

(and thanks for the compliments on my sig, Hanger.

Randar68
05-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
Yes. See what a Sox shutout win and a good night's sleep will do for our morale? :)

LOL! Well-said.

Hangar18
05-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Though im strongly on Record as thoroughly Hating the PlayPen idea, I am kind of curious about this Poll. The thread seems to indicate people strongly AGAINST the idea, with a few dissenters for it. But the stats in the poll suggest otherwise .....

Baby Fisk
05-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Though im strongly on Record as thoroughly Hating the PlayPen idea, I am kind of curious about this Poll. The thread seems to indicate people strongly AGAINST the idea, with a few dissenters for it. But the stats in the poll suggest otherwise .....

I'm not a baseball architecture historian, but I play one on TV. I voted in favour of the kiddie park mostly because it is DISTINCT. The ballparks in MLB that I love most are the ones that are immediately recognizable at first glance. The pinwheels, the green monster, the warehouse, McCovey's Bay, the LF arches and CF berm -- these features immediately tell you where you are. Unless I'm completely forgetting somewhere, USCF would be the only MLB park with a kiddie park in LF. It may not be the most desirable thing to some, but it is certainly distinct. I like the kiddie park because I can see it being one of those things that a TV camera will naturally gravitate towards -- images of kids scampering around their own mini-field at USCF. Baseball is a kid's game after all, isn't it?

Before everyone starts to anticipate ridicule at the hands of Cubbie fans, consider how kid-friendly the dump on the northside is. IT IS NOT! Wrigley is a 90-year-old campus bar where they happen to play baseball. USCF is a far superior baseball facility. People can coo about the ivy and the tradition all they want. Wrigley is a dump and USCF is a great ballpark. I think this kiddie park will make it better, not worse. Wow what a tangent!

he_gone_89
05-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by scottyl
Has anybody added up what Sox fans on this board "want"?

No kids to "ruin" their experience
No casual fans to "ruin" their experience
No changes to the ballpark that might cause people to take a second look

Yet at the same time everybody gripes about the $ the team has to spend on talent and wants a World Series.

Listen, this is modern baseball. You've got to attract fans and "casual" fans. People in the ballpark, butts in the seats, etc. I don't think the team is selling out, and White Sox baseball will continue to be about the team rather than the scene, but we need people to feel like there is some type of scene and events to get involved in. Give them something to do and maybe all these people who are "inconveniences" to you will have somewhere to hang out. There is all sorts of stuff to do / watch at Bulls game in the concourse, during time outs, etc. and it has never prevented me from simply watching the game if that is what I want to do.

I find nothing wrong with kids at the game,as long as they arn't just runnin around and getting in people's way and watching the game. You cant be a lifelong fan of any team if you dont watch them play, U.S Cellular Playground isn't gonna bring any future fans,just a lot of kids whos parents dont wanna go to disneyworld

and the bulls suck,so u have to do somthing else before you stroke out watching the game