PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 5/26


Lip Man 1
05-26-2004, 01:50 PM
"I'll do whatever I have to if I think it will get us to the World Series, the playoffs are not enough. You can't be afraid to make that [kind of] move. I'll worry about [a prospect's future success] in 2008 -- if I'm still here.'' --Kenny Williams to the Chicago Tribune.

Well considering the lack of playoff appearances by the club I'd be happy with just that (for now) but I do like the way he thinks. It sure beats the hell out of 'let's wait and see what happens when (if) all these great young kids finally come through.' How many years have fans been waiting for this 'golden future?'

Lip

DaveIsHere
05-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
"I'll do whatever I have to if I think it will get us to the World Series, the playoffs are not enough. You can't be afraid to make that [kind of] move. I'll worry about [a prospect's future success] in 2008 -- if I'm still here.'' --Kenny Williams to the Chicago Tribune.



Lip


That a boy K-Dub that a boy!!!! KDUB KDUB KDUB KDUB KDUB is gonna kick some bootay

Cubbiesuck13
05-26-2004, 01:56 PM
how can you not like a guy like that?

Jjav829
05-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13
how can you not like a guy like that?

Because he traded way Josh Fogg! What a sham!

Iwritecode
05-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
"I'll do whatever I have to if I think it will get us to the World Series, the playoffs are not enough. You can't be afraid to make that [kind of] move. I'll worry about [a prospect's future success] in 2008 -- if I'm still here.'' --Kenny Williams to the Chicago Tribune.

Well considering the lack of playoff appearances by the club I'd be happy with just that (for now) but I do like the way he thinks. It sure beats the hell out of 'let's wait and see what happens when (if) all these great young kids finally come through.' How many years have fans been waiting for this 'golden future?'

Lip

Now if only he can convince Sox ownership to start thinking the same way...

SOXintheBURGH
05-26-2004, 02:11 PM
You mean the same Josh Fogg that has replaced Roberto Clemente as official baseball icon of the Steel City?

Cubbiesuck13
05-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Now if only he can convince Sox ownership to start thinking the same way...

i think that he is starting to. are we or are we not over 'budget' and not yet in a playoff race?

Dadawg_77
05-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13
how can you not like a guy like that?

Cause when he says that, a bad move is around the corner.

Cubbiesuck13
05-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Cause when he says that, a bad move is around the corner.


i can only remember one trade i did not like, when he made it. after, when certain players don't work out people get upset. over all i would give him a b plus for trades. make the move kenny!

jabrch
05-26-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Cause when he says that, a bad move is around the corner.

Nothing short of getting Scott Hatteberg would make you happy, huh Dawg?

The_Floridian
05-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Kenny,

I'd like a Garcia or a Trachsel over-easy.

Actually, any low-fat starting pitcher would be great, thanks.

SoxxoS
05-26-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by The_Floridian
Kenny,

I'd like a Garcia or a Trachsel over-easy.

Actually, any low-fat starting pitcher would be great, thanks.

Roy Oswalt or Billy Wagner?

Dadawg_77
05-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Nothing short of getting Scott Hatteberg would make you happy, huh Dawg?

I'll wait till I see the trade before commenting on it. But Scott would be cheap upgrade over Konerko.

Baby Fisk
05-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
"I'll do whatever I have to if I think it will get us to the World Series, the playoffs are not enough. You can't be afraid to make that [kind of] move. I'll worry about [a prospect's future success] in 2008 -- if I'm still here.'' --Kenny Williams to the Chicago Tribune.

Well considering the lack of playoff appearances by the club I'd be happy with just that (for now) but I do like the way he thinks. It sure beats the hell out of 'let's wait and see what happens when (if) all these great young kids finally come through.' How many years have fans been waiting for this 'golden future?'

Lip
I agree with LipMan. This is a Truly Great Quote and has set me frothing and fantasizing, but I hope it means that we go into September with more than Jared Wright and Ellis Burks to show for it.

Dadawg_77
05-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13
i can only remember one trade i did not like, when he made it. after, when certain players don't work out people get upset. over all i would give him a b plus for trades. make the move kenny!

Trades I didn't like when I heard them

Ritchie, Koch, Clayton

I liked the Alomar trade for reason other then baseball ones, since it showed some commitment from this organization about winning baseball. Even though it was a bad baseball move.

rahulsekhar
05-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I'll wait till I see the trade before commenting on it. But Scott would be cheap upgrade over Konerko.

.268 avg / .840OPS / 22R / 8RBI / 28RBI in 149ABs

as compared to:

.301avg / .843OPS / 17R / 4HR / 17RBI in 133ABs

Cheaper? No doubt. Better? Nope.

Voice of Reason
05-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13
i can only remember one trade i did not like, when he made it.

I don't know if thats something to brag about.

Voice of Reason
05-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
.268 avg / .840OPS / 22R / 8RBI / 28RBI in 149ABs

as compared to:

.301avg / .843OPS / 17R / 4HR / 17RBI in 133ABs

Cheaper? No doubt. Better? Nope.

Hatteberg plays in a pitchers park, Konerko plays in a hitters park. I'd take Hatteberg and use the difference in salary to add a pitcher.

Cubbiesuck13
05-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Voice of Reason
I don't know if thats something to brag about.


ignorance is bliss right?

SoxxoS
05-26-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Voice of Reason
Hatteberg plays in a pitchers park, Konerko plays in a hitters park. I'd take Hatteberg and use the difference in salary to add a pitcher.

There are a few select parks this appliest to: Chavez Revine, Coors or Enron...other than those it really doesn't matter. This hitters park/pitchers park think to be is HIGHLY overrated.

You can also say that thusfar, Konerko has been hitting in cold weather, which makes the ball fly shorter etc... There are too many variables in baseball to compare players by the parks they play in, IMO.