PDA

View Full Version : Whitesox Murph in the morning

onesox
05-26-2004, 10:56 AM
On my drive in Murph was breaking down the sox game....(love when he does this). Murph was breaking down the play in the 8th inning when Texas had the bases loaded, ground ball to Konerko and he tries to get the double play throwing to second. I did not see it, but you have to go home with that ball. And what is up with Crede's glove????

jabrch
05-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by onesox
On my drive in Murph was breaking down the sox game....(love when he does this). Murph was breaking down the play in the 8th inning when Texas had the bases loaded, ground ball to Konerko and he tries to get the double play throwing to second. I did not see it, but you have to go home with that ball. And what is up with Crede's glove????

Well - you did not see it. He had no play at home - no play at all - not a chance. If he would have went home, we'd have gotten no outs and still been there. I don't know if Murph saw the play - but home was the wrong option there. The ball Crede booted took a strange hop. He should have made the play anyway, but it was an ugly hop.

Hangar18
05-26-2004, 11:10 AM

Wish I wouldve heard it. Actually wish they wouldve talked about Everyone RUNNING on sox catchers. actually.......
anythiing SOX wouldve been welcome today

Baby Fisk
05-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Murph was breaking down the play in the 8th inning when Texas had the bases loaded, ground ball to Konerko and he tries to get the double play throwing to second. I did not see it, but you have to go home with that ball.
Konerko botched the play because he was still winded from running 1st to Home in the second inning.

:walnuts
"(pant pant) I like to (cough, wheeze, pant pant) run the bases! (pant pant)"

jackbrohamer
05-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Wasn't Manuel's main reason for refusing to play Thomas in the field that Konerko was so good at making the 3-6-3 double play?

Randar68
05-26-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Well - you did not see it. He had no play at home - no play at all - not a chance. If he would have went home, we'd have gotten no outs and still been there. I don't know if Murph saw the play - but home was the wrong option there. The ball Crede booted took a strange hop. He should have made the play anyway, but it was an ugly hop.

HUH? I saw it and he had a CLEAR out at home. No question. He was coming in a ball and his momentum was even TAKING him to the plate. Not hit hard enough to get 2, but he had anyone at ANY base he wanted to.

CHISOXFAN13
05-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
HUH? I saw it and he had a CLEAR out at home. No question. He was coming in a ball and his momentum was even TAKING him to the plate. Not hit hard enough to get 2, but he had anyone at ANY base he wanted to.

Totally agree. We were sitting in 335 and off the bat thought for sure he would go home because it was an easy play.

I don't recall Crede's ball taking a weird bounce either. The thing was in his glove and bounced right out.

SOXSINCE'70
05-26-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Wish I wouldve heard it. Actually wish they wouldve talked about Everyone RUNNING on sox catchers. actually.......
anythiing SOX wouldve been welcome today

Actually,I believe they run more on the pitching staff.Some pitchers on this team are awwwwwwwfffuuuuuulllyyyy
slow to home plate.

maurice
05-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
he had a CLEAR out at home. No question.

Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Totally agree. We were sitting in 335 and off the bat thought for sure he would go home because it was an easy play.

I concur. The runner would have been out by a considerable margin, and the chance of turning the double play was not reduced by going home. It was a dumb play on Konerko's part.