PDA

View Full Version : How's Maggs


Jerko
05-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Well, I've had enough of fight talk; let's get to some team talk? I heard Maggs has a strained calf? Any estimate on how many games, if any, he'll miss? I haven't really heard anything about it.

Hangar18
05-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Well, I've had enough of fight talk; let's get to some team talk? I heard Maggs has a strained calf? Any estimate on how many games, if any, he'll miss? I haven't really heard anything about it.

Well, I looked in the Cubune for a MAGGS WATCH to get an update on his injury. Couldnt find it. Also Listened to the CubMorning Show for updates on his injury ......... Didnt get one.

SEALgep
05-26-2004, 11:01 AM
If Maggs was on the Cubs they would have had a press conference in order to try to convince everyone that Ross Gload was Maggs and that they didn't know why anyone thought differently.

Kadafi311
05-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Wood's tricep is moonlighting as Magg's calf. Full story at 10.

Tekijawa
05-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Well, I looked in the Cubune for a MAGGS WATCH to get an update on his injury. Couldnt find it. Also Listened to the CubMorning Show for updates on his injury ......... Didnt get one.

I wouldn't trust anything in the cubune about an Injury, it usually what they say at first plus about a month and a half!

blackjack29
05-26-2004, 11:55 AM
According to the Cub-Times, it said that it is not very serious and he is listed day to day.

Tekijawa
05-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by blackjack29
According to the Cub-Times, it said that it is not very serious and he is listed day to day.

So that means that he will be out until late August or do they just lie about their own players?

pearso66
05-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Why did Kerry Wood's Tricep get its own "interview" in the Trib, but no word on Magg's calf. Granted I wouldnt want ti to get an interview, but it should get some coverage

StockdaleForVeep
05-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
Why did Kerry Wood's Tricep get its own "interview" in the Trib, but no word on Magg's calf. Granted I wouldnt want ti to get an interview, but it should get some coverage

Cuz they are afraid giving attention to a star outfielder not on the scrubs will show the world that there is another team that plays professional baseball in chicago.

Cubbiesuck13
05-26-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
Cuz they are afraid giving attention to a star outfielder not on the scrubs will show the world that there is another team that plays professional baseball in chicago.


who? what calf? ShaME hurt his BACK not his calf. silly

andytheclown
05-26-2004, 04:39 PM
I read the Tribune today. It stated right on the front page that Magglio strained his calf.

It also had a quote from Ozzie saying that it is not serious.


I could care less if you guys want to spend all your time complaining about the Cubs, but atleast get your facts correct first.